Sign in to follow this  
bulkwolf

Thoughts for PAM 177

bulkwolf

Hi, Guys!

Stumbled upon this site a few days ago and I must say, what a great community! A lot of informative readings here. Anyway, I am new to the watch replica collecting thing. I currently have my eyes on the PAM 177.

29en14y.jpg

Planning to get mine at Kuvarsit with the following straps:

wk632a.jpg

5b2ots.jpg

Any thoughts? I am very much open for suggestions for my first PAM rep purchase :)

BaggyPants

No idea which make the Kuvarsit 177 is, but you need to be looking at the Noob 177n for the best rep out there. Then get yourself a nice custom strap from one of the forum strap makers.

image_zps7ca06243.jpg

image_zps0319f3e4.jpg

Lume shot of the Noob 177n in my avatar picture.

BadPickle

The 177 is a must have IMO.

FBA584ED-302E-4283-846B-3B3B6922D568-4260-0000079530B39EA6.jpg

Steve227

This was mine on a custom Dan Migliore strap, the stitching matched the Ti

image-1_zpsd279da63.jpg

image-1_zpse264edec.jpg

I then changed it up on to an Asso

image-1_zpsf375a6c3.jpg

image-1_zps7516d25f.jpg

greg_r

PAM177 + Asso strap is a great combo. I love mine...

PAM177_asso_010513.jpg

vickers214

I have just got my hands on a pam 312 and lI've it, but not is heft! Does the 177 feel lighter on the wrist with it being titanium it is they not much in it? Is a choice between the 177 or a 40mm model next, and All can find is h factory reps are they any good and who had noobs of it?

Oh and welcome!

Edited by vickers214

greg_r

The titanium case does feel lighter, yes.

The watch pictured in my earlier post is an older H-Fac 177L that I've owned for about 3 years. It's not as good as the current H fac version which is, itself, not quite as good as the noob version. Having said that, the differences are pretty small and - to my eyes - fairly unimportant. If you can get the noob version at a decent price, go for it - the h fac version is still a great watch though.

Steve227

+1. I was surprised at how light it was.

Don't think I'd go to a 40mm though. It didn't wear big at 44.

vickers214

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the tells the Swan neck and incablock? Does the h factory version get them close?

Edited by vickers214

greg_r

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the tells the Swan neck and incablock? Does the h factory version get them close?

The swan neck is present on all the upmarket versions. The correct incablock requires a mod that some dealers offer, but seriously who cares? Nobody is going to see it once its on your wrist - and even if you take it off to show someone, only a complete WIS would have any idea anyhow...

vickers214

Cheers Greg...... Think it could be my next investment

Time taker

Greg, are your markers that 'white' or is that from the photo flash?? I have a noob 177n and the markers are off white (with a green tinge). I have never had eyes in a gen so cannot compare....

Stewcan7

I have been waiting two weeks for the 177 (hfactory N version) only to find out this morning that it is out of stock (according to TSwatch). Emailed them this morning to see if the noob version is available, although they are probably going to ask me to pay the difference ($30). I am awaiting a Omega crPO with this order too for which I have already seen QC pics....exercising patience!!!

ALE7575

Just Swan Neck spring and slim crown are better from H maker. All the rest is the same or better in Noob N-series: Case-CG-bezel-dial-rest of the movement-caseback...

Even lastly I have seen the H maker watches with the same movements as Noob

Then the choice is clear Noob N-series

This is not a watch to be both from KW, KW is not making this watch by itself.

Better go to Noob N-series from other dealer

For more info read:

http://www.replica-w...5.html?t=107365

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...=0

http://www.replica-w...ad.php?t=134438

Good luck

ALE

bulkwolf

No idea which make the Kuvarsit 177 is, but you need to be looking at the Noob 177n for the best rep out there. Then get yourself a nice custom strap from one of the forum strap makers.

Lume shot of the Noob 177n in my avatar picture.

May I ask where you got your Noob 177n? Link perhaps? Looks very nice!

Edited by bulkwolf

BaggyPants

Bought it from another member, then sold it, then bought it back, and it now gets worn every day. Toro Bravo has them, as do other dealers in the links that Ale posted.

BaggyPants

Look through the trusted dealers on here. Most can get it.

bulkwolf

image-1_zpsf375a6c3.jpg

PAM177_asso_010513.jpg

+1 for the asso strap! Really good match. Planning to get that one for my purchase. Where did you guys get yours?

What other straps would you guys suggest? Preferably black?

Edited by bulkwolf

greg_r

Greg, are your markers that 'white' or is that from the photo flash?? I have a noob 177n and the markers are off white (with a green tinge). I have never had eyes in a gen so cannot compare....

No flash in that shot, but the markers are slightly off white (a sort of ivory colour) as per gen. The lume is so strong, however, that most of the time there's a slight green tinge visible - it needs to be in pretty direct lighting for that to disappear.

greg_r

image-1_zpsf375a6c3.jpg

PAM177_asso_010513.jpg

+1 for the asso strap! Really good match. Planning to get that one for my purchase. Where did you guys get yours?

I bought several rep Assos from Toro when they first came out. This is, if I recall correctly, one of those...

Time taker

No flash in that shot, but the markers are slightly off white (a sort of ivory colour) as per gen. The lume is so strong, however, that most of the time there's a slight green tinge visible - it needs to be in pretty direct lighting for that to disappear.

Mine are ivory too, and as you say almost always with a green tinge!! I noticed that some of the cheap reps are really green/yellow and its always hard to tell with photos in diff lighting!

bulkwolf

Any opinions for who has the best rep for this certain model?

Steve227

I got a couple from Toro, went for the XL. Make sure you double check your sizing.

deju

Love mine to bits, stuck her on a simona ammo strap probably my fave Panerai Rep

Photo%2029-10-2013%2018%2054%2018.jpg

Garry flex takes out any scratches perfect, so it can always look brand new. So definitely buy a block, they're only about £6 and will last you a life time at that :D