Sign in to follow this  
Dungeekin

It's growing, and I don't want to stop...

Dungeekin

So after just over a year since I discovered this forum, I thought I'd take stock and have a look at how far things have come in the last twelve months...apologies for the crap phone pics...

20140417_162548_zpsycdnqcnw.jpg

Tray 1 are the 'daily wear' watches - I try to cycle through a different one every day. There's something about opening the wardrobe door, and looking at the choice, that makes me smile every morning.

IWC Big Pilot

Panerai PAM024

Breitling Superocean 44mm yellow

Chopard Gran Turismo XL Mille Miglia

Rolex Pro-Hunter Jacques Piccard

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 'Skyfall'

Omega Seamaster 300m 007 50th

Omega Speedmaster Professional Dark Side of the Moon

20140417_162558_zpsixs9jj1o.jpg

Tray 2 are the older gens, and the reps I don't wear every day - for example, the U-Boat, while I like it, is just too big and hefty for normal wear so gets relegated to handiwork duties when I'm gardening or whatever, and the Tag is just too small for my taste.

Seiko SNN233P1

Panerai PAM372

Casio Edifice Wave Ceptor ECW-M100D-1AVER

Guess 'Focus'

U-Boat Left Hook Auto

Tag Link Tiger Woods

Skagen L720 Team CSC

Alpha GMT Pepsi

20140417_162612_zpsj0pibdgk.jpg

Tray 3 - don't ask. Never worn, gifts or impulse purchases that I can't bring myself to get rid of. Also in the tray is my cheapie 21j Speedmaster which I bought to try out the style, and broke the bracelet - I'm in the process of putting the head onto a NATO until I replace it with a proper handwind version.

I love this 'hobby'. There's always something new to go on the wishlist (currently standing at 15), and somehow there's always one more space in the watch box. Or so I tell myself.

Here's to the next 12 months...

BentleySharp

Oh!

After reading the title of this thread I thought it would have to be moved to section 8 :giggle:

Bluejuz

Damn that U-BOAT dominates!

Very nice collection mate. I'm currently at two reps and sloooowly rising

Left Coast Guy

DSOTM, that has to be a recent purchase right? The VK Quartz version from Fat Panda/WatchFinder? Those guys are on the verge of taking A LOT of money from me.

Dungeekin

DSOTM, that has to be a recent purchase right? The VK Quartz version from Fat Panda/WatchFinder? Those guys are on the verge of taking A LOT of money from me.

Yes, it arrived today - M2M sale. It is a quartz model - don't think it's the Fat Panda one though.

bullsvsbears

Great share what is your favorite

Bluejuz

Yep I am definitely defiantly getting a DSOTM. Class watch

Dungeekin

Great share what is your favorite

Thanks. Probably my favourite is the PO - it's the one that gets the most use, hence losing its pearl. I'm planning to get another PO and a PO chrono as well. That said, the new Speedmaster will likely become a firm favourite as well - I'm a huge fan of Speedmasters for their style and heritage, and plan to get several more models.

SSTEEL

Nice varied collection you have there my friend, but I don't have to state the obvious do I?

You need a bigger box :P

bullsvsbears

I would agree that looks gorgeous

BigBuys

Yes, you've been busy! Since you are approaching a purchase rate of two a month, then you had better start buying 24 count watch boxes from now on. Great start to a broad collection but when you add in the list of SuperReps and odd must haves, I think you may have to move to home made watch trays with 80 to 100 watches per tray!

Dungeekin

A new watch box is on the wishlist - as is a second winder (I've got one dual winder at present).

Don't think I will be going for super-reps though - part of the enjoyment for me is freedom of choice for (relatively) little outlay, and I find it more fun to research and find close matches in the lower-cost models.

The only one I plan to buy that's more than $150 is a Speedmaster, as I haven't seen a good one for less than $250... recommendations to prove me wrong are welcome!