Sign in to follow this  
Garyun

Help! A7750 Chrono won't stop

GenTLe

I am completely rookie. Took a chance and got my first replica. It says on website: IWG Portuguese Chrono Swiss Valjoux Movement at 28800 vph.

It would be good to know where you got that rep from. Reps with "Chrono Swiss Valjoux Movement" do not exists from the factory these days. AT ALL.

If you didn't get from one of our trusted dealers I bet they sent you a crappy 21J fake chrono...

Post a pic of the movement (you can use Flickr, Photobucket, tinypic or even upload it simply attaching the picture in a reply done through Tapatalk mobile App).

gogo000

GenTle,

Thanks for reply and you are absolutely correct. I didn't assume it will be swiss valoux 7750 but I thought it will be A7550.

Chrono is fake and I got a good explanation from them that the price of replica I purchased can't be chrono. Not dissapointed. Chrono on replica, per my opinion, is questionable buy.

Regarding the movement, I opened the case and found nothing which would be recognized easily. No one single sign. I searched and found the closest will be seagull TY2530 or TY2550 automatic.

I complained asking what movement is inside and they can't provide it. Disappointed and big negative for dealer.

So I turned myself to positive.

Watch looks extremely nice as IWG Portuguesse replica. I compared it with original and found minor details which doesn't bother me.

I am not too much disappointed of not having A7550 considering problems this movement has but still would like what movement is inside.

Which surprise me the most and I almost can't believe. I compared the watch with atomic clock for 3 days and found 2, 4 and 3 seconds difference each day.

I would post the picture in another post trying to do it with Tapatalk.

Website is swearwatches.com and the price I paid is 120 + 20 for shipping.

One more time thanks for setting apart time to respond to myself.

gogo000

Here is the picture of movement.c5e9798b0f147b4138788a33d917ad90.jpg846256a7b9408c402f64e9b5081df557.jpg

wqleow

Here is the picture of movement.c5e9798b0f147b4138788a33d917ad90.jpg846256a7b9408c402f64e9b5081df557.jpg

Dear gogo000, I hope you didn't pay too much for that. There are much better versions out there with working chronos from the modified 7750.

In fact the newest versions of the 3714s have a better movement that addresses the secs at 6 issue.

But I like your attitude and after all it's just a hobby. If this watch design grows on you, you can consider spending more $$ to get the better versions.

And as always, use our TDs here. They will always give you the best deals.

JSJ
GenTle,

Thanks for reply and you are absolutely correct. I didn't assume it will be swiss valoux 7750 but I thought it will be A7550.

Chrono is fake and I got a good explanation from them that the price of replica I purchased can't be chrono. Not dissapointed. Chrono on replica, per my opinion, is questionable buy.

Regarding the movement, I opened the case and found nothing which would be recognized easily. No one single sign. I searched and found the closest will be seagull TY2530 or TY2550 automatic.

I complained asking what movement is inside and they can't provide it. Disappointed and big negative for dealer.

Watch looks extremely nice as IWG Portuguesse replica. I compared it with original and found minor details which doesn't bother me.

I am not too much disappointed of not having A7550 considering problems this movement has but still would like what movement is inside.

Which surprise me the most and I almost can't believe. I compared the watch with atomic clock for 3 days and found 2, 4 and 3 seconds difference each day.

It's a generic 21,600 beats per hour known as a '21j'. You won't find a specific maker. Even if it says a maker on it, it's probably a copy of a clone.

These can be quite accurate if regulated and it seems like you have one that's OK already. The accuracy usually varies a lot depending on position.

You overpaid a bit. Not much you can do about that now and at least you received a watch which looks roughly about right. That was lucky. Stick with the TDs here now (actually follow the links from this forum, don't Google them).

You like the watch, which is the main thing.

Your challenge now is to resist going after a better and better version, of which there are many. Good luck with that.

mauricio612

Thanks for putting tha thread on top, great explanations for OP's problem here.

I have a similar problem on an A7750 but the difference is that it is not the chrono second hand that never stops but rather the chrono subdial hand at 6, which moves every 30 minutes if I am correct

Where should I touch the movement to activate the break again?

GenTLe
GenTle,

Welcome!

But don't avoid the 7750s, they aren't bad and recently both SWFactory and ZFactory introduced also reliable sec @6 ones :)

jakethemouse
GenTle,

Welcome!

But don't avoid the 7750s, they aren't bad and recently both SWFactory and ZFactory introduced also reliable sec @6 ones :)

I've had terrible luck with 7750s in the past and have been staying away from them. Hopefully the new ones with the more reliable sec @6 restores my faith.

gogo000

To all of you,

Thanks for responses, advices and explanations. Obviously my first purchase was impulse driven purchase as I really like this 3714s line. I learned a lot in the last month and I hope I'll be smarter next time. I agree TDs is the way to go.

PS: Yes I always like this hobby but I think it is growing on me quickly.