Sign in to follow this  
MHardiman

[REVIEW] 44mm AP Panda Seiko VK Movement from WatchFinder

MHardiman

Watch: AP 44mm Panda w/ "Seiko VK" Microstepper

Service: I purchased this watch from Tim over at WatchFinder. Let me first start off by saying Tim is an extraordinary guy with amazing honesty. Every step of the way he filled me in on the little things. We exchanged over 125 emails through out the 19 day process (some of which were bullshitting is due to my excitement...). The QC process was flawless and were very detailed with 3 videos including him testing the crystal so I knew it was sapphire. I'm so glad I purchased this from Tim. I could have gotten the same watch from another dealer on RWI for about $75 less but the quality on this model is unbelievable. I do not believe they're from the same factory as that one didn't have the trim rings around the subdials. Overall, Tim was a pleasure to deal with and has great communication skills which made my buying experience through the roof enjoyable. STAND UP GUY and I WILL buy from him again. Thanks a lot Tim. Cheers to you and your team, and especially your wife for dealing with your finances over in China! Guys do not hesitate with WatchFinder, they are the most honest people when it comes to sourcing pieces.

Finish and Detail: Awesome detail on the dial. Only thing that is bad is the "A" in "AP" is slightly bent at the bottom left leg which doesn't bother me at all to be honest. It bothered me in the QC pics but confirmed them because I knew I could live with it and I can. Don't even notice it. All the screws were extremely tight. I went ahead and checked them to make sure no screws were going to fall out. The strap sucks on it but what rep strap doesn't suck? I bought a V5 diver strap and it doesn't fit so I guess I'll have to get a custom 44mm strap which is no problem. The buckle also is very loose.

IMG_20140421_191209_zps42aa35c5.jpg

IMG_20140421_191248_zps5fdb3136.jpg

IMG_20140421_191308_zps7548093a.jpg

IMG_20140421_191327_zps18267943.jpg

IMG_20140421_191353_zps4e554b77.jpg

Natural Sunlight Wristie

IMG_20140419_130758_zps1c5ea075.jpg

Here's a timeline review of the ordering process...

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

Thanks for looking,

Matt

plankton

Nice AP my friend!!!

MHardiman

Thanks bud

Del

Very nice mate, but I have a question. If you saw the bent "A" in the QC pics then why didn't you ask for another watch? Surely WF could easily have sourced you a replacement and you wouldn't have to "live with it".

MHardiman
Very nice mate, but I have a question. If you saw the bent "A" in the QC pics then why didn't you ask for another watch? Surely WF could easily have sourced you a replacement and you wouldn't have to "live with it".

It truly doesn't bother me. The watch is flawless besides the logo and was very impatient to wait for a new watch that could have also had a blemish/flaw.

RUSH2112

Is there a ticking seconds subdial on this one?

plankton

I didnt catch the bent a????

MHardiman
Is there a ticking seconds subdial on this one?

Yes at 6 o'clock.

I didnt catch the bent a????

The very bottom of the A is not even with the P

MHardiman

I just would like to let everyone know that I just received an out of the blue e-mail from Tim (WatchFinder) letting me know he made an inquiry about the bent A in the AP logo on my watch to the factory. I didn't complain to him nor mention this to him at all. He took it upon himself to raise awareness of the problem to the factory. STAND UP GUY. I cannot wait to order from him again.