Sign in to follow this  
cigator

What is acceptable accuracy?

cigator

I have clocked the BK DSSD I received yesterday against a digital quartz watch for 24 hours. I have not worn the watch and it has stayed in the same position. I wound the watch 40 rotations before clocking. It has lost 6 seconds in 24 hours in these conditions. Is this an acceptable level of accuracy to members of this board that concern themselves with accuracy.

markeym3

that sounds pretty good to me , I know some folks are quite fussy about accuracy but thats really good

pollux1

That's within COSC time. ;)

KBH

Hard to get much better than that. It will change as you wear it and will change with temperature, position of the movement, and atmospheric pressure.

JoeyB

As pollux said, it is within the +-6 seconds per day COSC. I fiddle and try to get better. 

NFleischer

I would say that Certified Swiss Chronometer time for a $400 is damn good! You're not gonna really get better than that- even on most

high priced gens. Consider yourself lucky.

skintrade

It may be worth trying the test again after a weeks worth of running.

How do you like the watch itself ? are you pleased?

For me personally the timekeeping accuracy is not so important as I tend to only have a watch on for a few hours a day and then the next day I may rotate onto another. This is the beauty of rep collecting. ;)

I think that BK's Rolex's are just great.

cigator
It may be worth trying the test again after a weeks worth of running.

How do you like the watch itself ? are you pleased?

For me personally the timekeeping accuracy is not so important as I tend to only have a watch on for a few hours a day and then the next day I may rotate onto another. This is the beauty of rep collecting. :D

I think that BK's Rolex's are just great.

I am very pleased with the BK DSSD. Honestly, I own a couple of genuine rolex and there is no way a layperson can tell this watch is not the real thing. I plan on slowly starting to collect reps, I hope this BK watch does not spoil me, as I will likely use this watch as a benchmark.