Sign in to follow this  
TRANSPORTER

Bad service on Gen Baume and Mercier Malibu, little advice please

TRANSPORTER

Ok guys, sister took her B&M to have the battery changed to her local jeweller who apparently has an Omega master watch maker working in house.

Anyway battery changed, and a month later the sweep hand started to give the tell take sign that the battery was on its way out.

Well she took it back and asked for another battery, well 2 weeks later she gets the watch back and is told it's not the battery but they don't know what's wrong with it???

Apperently they put it on a listening machine ( I'm thinking timeographer) but couldn't tell what was wrong with the quartz movement, now remember the battery was dead when it was taken to them so to my knowledge there is no point putting it on a timeograph.

On receiving her watch she noticed the rear of case was pretty mauled

69A4DFDD-FA7B-41CA-AC1C-B75F930D719C_zpsdye29f0v.jpg

Looks like a bad slip of the tool also notice the large scratch to the right of the crown, the jeweller said that they didnt open the watch, so what listening device would they of put it on???? And why would they, it's a quartz movmt surely they would of opened it up and tested the quartz itself.

I'm afraid quartz movmt s aren't my area of expertise that's why I'm asking any quartz experts what would you do to test a movmt using what tools and equipment cheers guys

nev848

not sure on the test equipment but if it was not damaged prior to them having it then tell them to get the damage repaired. This is your basic rights.

TRANSPORTER

That's what I told her, I would of been straight through their door asking them to sort it.

I'm no expert watch maker but even I know you have to atleast take the back off a watch to have a look at the movement to see what might be wrong with it