Sign in to follow this  
checkitout

Is this AP 15400 gen or fake?

checkitout

Hey guys!

My question will be regarding determination of authenticity of a particular watch.

A little bit of story.

On the gen forum there is one guy who keeps bragging about his AP 15400 and other expensive watches. It wouldn't be noticed but he started a thread about buying NEW Pam 390 from an authorised dealer in Mauritius (there is no AD in Mauritius). Also he claimed that the watch is new but comes without any boxes and papers. Well, he got caught on wearing fake pam 390. And now there is a question if the rest of his watches are fake.

There are also some indirect leads which are the fact that he recently graduated from the university and he holds a position of the secretary in the embassy which obviously does not pay that kind of money to buy AP, the fact that most of his "gen" watches surprisingly are the models that have the closest and best reps on the market and the fact that he has never posted any pictures of his watches' back. So you can't determine the movement. And another thing. He has not posted a single picture of any watches with the box in the background. Each his photo shows only the watch itself from the front.

Well, i might be mistaken but there is just too much mystery going on.

So, here are a few pictures for your consideration (those are the only I have):

user98517_pic72242_1397462279.jpg

user98517_pic72247_1397462722.jpg

user98517_pic72252_1397462901.jpg

user98517_pic72255_1397463149.jpg

Edited by checkitout

plankton

little AR issue

_DC_
little AR issue

I second that, AR looks rep, also bezel screws look a little too sunken on some of them!!

DC

checkitout

By sunken do you mean that?

user98517_pic72252_1397462901111111.jpg

_DC_
By sunken do you mean that?

user98517_pic72252_1397462901111111.jpg

Yes, I've seen a few gens with sunken screws but not quite that sunken, and also some look more sunken than others!!

DC

checkitout

Thanks! So could it be definitely stated that this particular watch is or is not gen?

dalboy

Fakey as hell. !!

Quite apart from the sunken screws being irregular across the bezel. the 12 markers look pissed . Hard to tell as no full on face shots . CB shots would help.

Besides Who drops that much dough on a watch of this Calibre and not have the paperwork or box .. ...Bullshit !!

Dal

checkitout

I don't know about the papers and box for his AP. He has never posted a picture of the box and papers though.

There was no box and papers for his PAM 390. That was one of the reasons why people caught him using fake watch.

Unfortunately, there is no pictures of the CB of his watch. That's because he hasn't posted any.

Edited by checkitout

dalboy

I don't know about the papers and box for his AP. He has never posted a picture of the box and papers though.

There was no box and papers for his PAM 390. That was one of the reasons why people caught him using fake watch.

Unfortunately, there is no pictures of the CB of his watch. That's because he hasn't posted any.

Wonder why ?

Dal.

BadPickle

Wonder why ?

Dal.

:giggle: no paperwork!!!

dalboy

Wonder why ?

Dal.

Ha Bloody Ha ! :lol: ..

Go and cook dinner .

James.

Sounds an all too familiar tale... he's not going by "audemarsgeek" is he? :lol:

BadPickle

Wonder why ?

Dal.

Go and cook dinner .

Just peelin, :lmao:

dalboy

Wonder why ?

Dal.

Go and cook dinner .

:lmao2:

checkitout

Exactly :)

There are some other watches in his "collection". Each and one of them has it's fake brother on the market. I wonder why only buys watches that are successfully repped.

JLC Master Compressor Chrono Black

user98517_pic72248_1397462722.jpg

user98517_pic72253_1397463149.jpg

user98517_pic72256_1397463356.jpg

user98517_pic72257_1397463356.jpg

Omega De Ville Co-axial Chronograph

Probably Omega is gen. I don't know.

user98517_pic72241_1397462279.jpg

user98517_pic72246_1397462566.jpg

user98517_pic72251_1397462901.jpg

BadPickle

Wonder why ?

Dal.

Go and cook dinner .

:lmao2:

:lmao:

sardonix

I am no expert DC knows it better i think.

But what i see look at font datewheel

And stange bendig of th lhe A in AP logo?

font datewheel first gen

kKswlla.jpg

Bending A? first gen second and third from the pics you posted

v0nS0K4.jpg

checkitout

The letter "A" kinda has a different angle.

James.

Those both look to be gen

James.

The jlc and omega...

checkitout

That's why I only suspect him wearing fake watches. I can't judge because I'm not an expert.

I don't know about Omega and JLC but JLC looks pretty much like this:http://puretime-asia.com/product/master-compressor-chrono-ss-black-dial-red-hands-on-black-leather-strap-jap-quartz

Edited by checkitout

sardonix

I took a closer look........and know think the pics of OP are not 15400 but 15450 37mm???

James.

That's why I only suspect him wearing fake watches. I can't judge because I'm not an expert.

I don't know about Omega and JLC but JLC looks pretty much like this:http://puretime-asia...trap-jap-quartz

Doesn't look anything like the rep you linked. The JLC and Omega are top quality, the indicies are made well and polished and the cut and finish is superb.

Link to the thread about the 390?

For the sake of being a contrarian, I do believe we may be seeking a rouge rollmop

checkitout
I took a closer look........and know think the pics of OP are not 15400 but 15450 37mm???

It could be. The owner claims that it's a 15400.

Doesn't look anything like the rep you linked. The JLC and Omega are top quality, the indicies are made well and polished and the cut and finish is superb.

Well. that's why I'm asking.

Here is the link to the thread about PAM 390. The only thing is that the thread is in Russian.

http://forum.watch.ru/showthread.php?t=218395

court

Who cares?

I only care about my own watches to be honest and if he isn't selling them as gens then "no harm no foul" as our cousins across the pond may say.