Sign in to follow this  
gravitythedon

What Should I Do When I Receive My First Rep?

gravitythedon

Hi Guys,

I apologise in advance as there is no doubt a thread detailing what I am about to ask - I did do a seach but no joy.

I am waiting on delivery of my first rep (Omega Speedmaster Date Asian 7750). I've read the thread about guidelines for using this moevement, i.e. not changing date between 7 and 2 and also only resetting chrono between 10 and 2.

What I want to know is if there is anything I should do when I first receive my watch. I've read about people getting them professionally serviced and pressure tested and also about people just giving them a quick self-service and I'm sure a lot of people must just use them 'straight out of the packet' as it were.

Basically, I want to try and ensure the longevity of the watch and I would also like it to be water proof, it would be nice to be able to do this myself and learn a bit but if need be I can take it to a professional.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Grav.

greg_r

It can be difficult to waterproof watches with pushers - in many instances it's not possible without a fairly major effort. Definitely not a job to tackle yourself if you don't know what you're doing.

As far as servicing, my feeling is to get it serviced when it needs it - which might be right away, but equally might be several years from now. If it's running well, I'd leave it alone.

speedzmaster

Post pics!

pollux1

All but one of my A7750 based watches have been serviced, the last one is going to Germany or Canada soon. Imho it's worth it for peace of mind. Don't forget a good watchmaker stands over his work and will guarantee the service for a period of time.

An alternative is to have Brightlight install a gen Swiss 7750 into the watch if it's a keeper mate. :lmao:

narikaa

Pour over it for hours on end with a 50x loupe until you can find something to moan about

Brightlight

Make sure you read the 92 page manual supplied with all reps and fill in and post back the warranty card. Your dealer will phone you within 24 hours of arrival to make sure you are happy with your purchase. This is the time to discuss servicing contracts and extended warranties with him/her. In the unlikely event you find minor imperfections with the product ensure you inform the dealer so he can send you another one free of charge and refund you the monies paid so far.

Oh, wait a minute...........I think only Narikaa honours the above procedure......... :lmao:

Ska

:lmao:

Demsey

Put on a short sleeved shirt and go where you know for sure there are shallow women. Like Boca Raton.

onzenuub

:lmao:

And if you don't find pubic it isn't good.

markeym3

narikaa +1 :lmao:

markeym3

hey gravity , just follow the guide the guys have given you , but just enjoy , nice choice

Member X

Well, if you want a serious answer ;) I'd say to inspect the watch to make sure there's nothing majorly wrong with it (accepting it will have rep flaws, of course), get it started by putting it face down in your palm and swirling anticlockwise, and go over the bracelet screws (if it has them) to make sure they're all tight :)

bighorse88

I just received my first rep Asian Valjoux 7750 Graham Swordfish Chronograph on Friday. I have a authentic Montblanc Timewalker, but didn't want to spend the 3-4K for the Graham. I have had to set the time several times over the past few days after it gives out. I am not use to doing this with my Montblanc. I love the watch other than this glitch...which is huge in my view. I'm not sure if this is NORMAL to have to constantly reset the time or not??? I am wondering if having it serviced or not would fix this issue??? I am hoping I can get this resolved as it's nice having another nice looking watch. I would most definitely spend a couple hundred bucks to get it working properly if this would resolve having to constantly set the time.

pollux1

+1 to Narikaa. Bighorse just service the thing if you wanna keep it mate.

NFleischer
I just received my first rep Asian Valjoux 7750 Graham Swordfish Chronograph on Friday. I have a authentic Montblanc Timewalker, but didn't want to spend the 3-4K for the Graham. I have had to set the time several times over the past few days after it gives out. I am not use to doing this with my Montblanc. I love the watch other than this glitch...which is huge in my view. I'm not sure if this is NORMAL to have to constantly reset the time or not??? I am wondering if having it serviced or not would fix this issue??? I am hoping I can get this resolved as it's nice having another nice looking watch. I would most definitely spend a couple hundred bucks to get it working properly if this would resolve having to constantly set the time.

Did you give it a full manual wind up as instructed above? Make sure the chrono function if OFF. A fully charged A7750 should last about

40 hours. If it goes dead in a few hours, it probably needs to be serviced.

avenger007

Try to resist the urge to size it and let it run for several hours and make sure it keeps good time. Overnight is even better. If you need to end up sending it back, most dealers want it in unworn condition, just like you got it. Make sure the bracelet clasp or buckle operates as it should. Make sure no markers are loose and floating around the dial.

Of course this is much harder than it sounds, cause you've waited for days and days and you just want to wear the darn thing! I'm always too impatient, but have been lucky so far. No major problems, save an exploding mini-fiddy crystal. Good luck!

gravitythedon

Thanks for all the advice guys, some useful information in this thread. Much appreciated.

Grav.