Sign in to follow this  
fede8813

marvellous big pilot

fede8813

hi..

marvellous have the big pilot 5004 and 5002, but I believe that have only with 21j and with working power reserve..

I won't buy big pilot with faux power reserve and with 25j,

higginsd

Yes, he only has BP with working PR - they're crap! The PR subdial is misaligned to the center of the dial, the PR subdial is too small on the 5002, the date wheel is recessed and the biggest flaw: the date changing pusher at the side of the case. Don't buy this reps.

He only has one BP with faux PR and this is the BP Miramar. This watch is accurate, but has 2 big flaws: the dial is much too bright in color and the case is made PVD'ed and not ceramic. The bright color is obvious (but nearly nobody knows the IWC BP Miramar and it's correct dial color...) and can only be corrected with a gen dial. Not easy to source. The PVD'ed case is not so obvious, you only feel it if you take the watch in your hands because it is much to heavy. But also nearly nobody knows the correct weight of the BP Miramar... Ah, don't forget: the Miramar rep strap is crap. You'll have to buy a better version (ebay) or a gen strap (300$).

If you want good or super rep versions of the BP then look for the 23 jewel version of BP 5002 or 5004 like this one or this one. Every TD can source these versions. Ask Puretime or Intime.co

bonerfide

Yes, he only has BP with working PR - they're crap! The PR subdial is misaligned to the center of the dial, the PR subdial is too small on the 5002, the date wheel is recessed and the biggest flaw: the date changing pusher at the side of the case. Don't buy this reps.

He only has one BP with faux PR and this is the BP Miramar. This watch is accurate, but has 2 big flaws: the dial is much too bright in color and the case is made PVD'ed and not ceramic. The bright color is obvious (but nearly nobody knows the IWC BP Miramar and it's correct dial color...) and can only be corrected with a gen dial. Not easy to source. The PVD'ed case is not so obvious, you only feel it if you take the watch in your hands because it is much to heavy. But also nearly nobody knows the correct weight of the BP Miramar... Ah, don't forget: the Miramar rep strap is crap. You'll have to buy a better version (ebay) or a gen strap (300$).

If you want good or super rep versions of the BP then look for the 23 jewel version of BP 5002 or 5004 like this one or this one. Every TD can source these versions. Ask Puretime or Intime.co

Is the PVD that much more noticeable?

zinnboy

Hmm.

higginsd
Is the PVD that much more noticeable?

Yes, if you take the watch in your hands. I took and wore a gen Miramar for some times at my AD (he has almost all IWCs in stock) and it is extreme light! Also it is polished ceramics but that is hard to see and recognize.

As I said the existing rep of the BP Miramar is very accurate. Toro told us in another forum/thread that the rep factories are working on a complete new super version of the Miramar with ceramic case and so on. But this is some months ago now and I'm out of hope they will ever finish that super rep version.

So for now we have to take the BP Miramar rep as it is and the first 2 things to change are: another (or better gen) strap and the full-PR-mod (slightly move the PR hand to full, I cannot understand why these chinese watch makers don't do this little mod by default...) The next step is a gen dial (I'm lucky and waiting for my gen dial, hope to receive it this autumn) because the rep dial is much too bright. That is the hardest part because the BP Miramar gen dial is like a unicorn. A gen crown (made from titanium) is not so difficult to source if you have the contacts to an AD.

After this modifications I call it a super rep because a gen 51111 movement is impossible to source (and for sure very expensive).

fede8813

thank you!!

what means of "not recessed date"??

the link not work

higginsd

The date disk is recessed in the working PR version because of the movement. Doesn't look good...

Sorry, there are always problems with PClone links. Use this link to 5002 and this to 5004.

Left Coast Guy

There is no rep with a working PR for this model that looks anything close to the gen. And for that matter, I've seen the working PR versions in person and between the recessed date and weird placement of the PR dial, they clearly look fake. Its just not even close.

On the flip side, the faux PR isn't an issue since the watch would basically fill its PR within 4 hours of wear, or shorter if you wind it when putting it on like I do with all my reps (7750s aside) when putting them on. I'd love a working PR, but not at the expense of ruining the look of the watch.

So its your choice, a rep that is a dead giveaway as a fake from 5 feet away (working PR) or a rep that is a spot-on match and only will show the faux PR when you take it out of your watch box. Seems like an easy choice to me....

higginsd
:thumbsup2:

blcoffee

I just bought BP 5004 heavily modded by VAC with GEN IWC Black gator strap..

what mod do i need to next?? or would i be happy with this setup.

BadPickle

Only you can answer that, or you could visit the rwg sister forum www.doyouthinkwearefuckingmindreaders.com

:lol:

JohnPilot

Great review

JSJ

Only you can answer that, or you could visit the rwg sister forum www.doyouthinkwearefuckingmindreaders.com

:lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: