Sign in to follow this  
jaydotz90

In need of santos 100 xl strap anybody help?

jaydotz90

Just purchased an ultimate santos 100 from TTW hoping somebody could help me on a decent strap for it, preferably black.

Heard about HK Tan, anymore info would be great.

Thanks

JSJ

Hi mate. Best go and introduce yourself in the New Members' area. You'll be made welcome there.

Also, this is in the wrong place for a question like this - not a review so you won't have much visibility in this section. This stuff is best in the General Discussion area.

jaydotz90

lol appreciated mate heading over there now thanks

jaydotz90

Just purchased an ultimate santos 100 from TTW hoping somebody could help me on a decent strap for it, preferably black.

Heard about HK Tan, anymore info would be great.

Thanks

Kcore

You'll find HK Tan (Aaron) as a listed strap maker on RG and in the new dealer section over at RWI. I had Aaron make a custom hornback strarp for my Santos 100 and absolutely love it! I had no problem with Aaron. some have said he's slow.

jaydotz90

ok thanks mate so his over on the RWI site. Whats his prices like ?

Kcore

ok thanks mate so his over on the RWI site. Whats his prices like ?

Not bad, considering he's the only custom strap maker that I'm aware of for a custom Santos. When I was looking, I contacted almost all the makers and know one would do it.

BTW - Best to ask a Mod to delete your duplicate post in gen.

watch.aholic

Just go gen mate.....you can sometimes get it for around $250 on ebay...that's a great price for it.

Kcore

thanks for that. have emailed him on his personal email. What do you think of this.... http://www.ttw888.co...roducts_id=6517

That's the exact version I purchased from TT. IMO, it's the best version of the Santos, hands down!

The price is a little high, but it comes with the complete box set which is very good. I do know some members have been able to get the same version with a less expensive movt., SW200 or Asian but I never found it. When I received mine from TT, my local watchsmith confirmed it had a Swiss ETA 2824-2 movt. and it was in excellent condition.

jaydotz90

ok great news! yes price is a little high but worth it for a good rep. yes id rather the more expensive movt. look forward to receiving my watch! woohooo lol!!

Kcore

ok great news! yes price is a little high but worth it for a good rep. yes id rather the more expensive movt. look forward to receiving my watch! woohooo lol!!

If you haven't already done so, it's always a good idea to check availability of a rep with TD before sending payment. I know a while back, this ver. was a bit scarce.

jaydotz90

ok thanks will check with Andrew at TT then, once again appreciated. Just waiting on HK Tan to get back to me now. Heard his a bit slow...

greg_r

Duplicate threads merged. Please do not post the same question in two places.