Sign in to follow this  
ad9a9

Power reserve issue on Tag Auto movement

ad9a9

Hi All.

Hope to get some of your expertise here..

So i have got myself a Tag Aquaracer 500m Calibre 5 about 3 weeks ago. And the rep is awesome.

However, this week i have noticed that overnight when i take it off it stops after about 10 hours..do you think there is an issue with the power reserve here?

Ive asked about on the forum and another member who has the same rep says his is giving him 40 hours reserve - which is what the Tag webiste also states..

Someone also told me today that even a Gen auto could have this issue if your not too active whilst wearing it during the day.

Do you think it needs a service already!!? If yes any UK repairers recommended. I know Micky is highly recommended but dont really want to post to Finland!

Could a Gen have this issue?

Your opinion would be much appreciated.

P.s. ive been wearing it daily and not noticed this issue before (although now im thinking i should have tested the reserve as soon as i got it!!! #Amatuer...)

Thanks

Edited by ad9a9

M.A.D

Check to see if it stops in the same some every time time. It could be getting caught under the crystal. I had this problem with one of my reps.

Kemist

Mine lasts a bit longer, somewhere between 40 to 44 hours.

ad9a9

Check to see if it stops in the same some every time time. It could be getting caught under the crystal. I had this problem with one of my reps.

Hi - ill investigate - what did you do with your rep that had this issue? did you resolve?

M.A.D

Hi - ill investigate - what did you do with your rep that had this issue? did you resolve?

Yea. Took the back off and very gently bent the second hand down a little. Been fine ever since.

ad9a9

Ok im not brave enough to do that! - any suggestion who i can pass it to to sort? ideally in the UK..

SSTEEL

I will forward a friend of mine in the UK, who is a watchmaker. ;)

ad9a9

I will forward a friend of mine in the UK, who is a watchmaker. ;)

His been in touch - thanks Micky! #Legend!