AP 15400 Dial Colour...

100 members have voted

1. 1. What Dial would you go for on a AP 15400 SS

• Black
    • Blue
    • White

Jonnybaws

You have X Number of watches...

Mixture of Diver styles, Chrono's but no "Dressy" watches.

You find a dress watch that appeals..

However, not sure what colour dial you want to get..

Apart from one white dial (panda) the rest of your watches have Black dials..

Do you go Black (again), Blue (Mix it up) or White (please don't pick this option!)

15400ST_OO_1220ST_01.jpg

15400ST_OO_1220ST_03.jpg

15400ST_OO_1220ST_02.jpg

Jonnybaws

Anymore for anymore?

TheSav

This is classier in black.

Jonnybaws

I'm leaning towards black dial....

Pseudonym

Once you have black, you never go back :P haha!!

MikeAlmighty

In my opinion White is the only option for this watch :boxedin:

sardonix

I voted black, because this watch has a very shiny/blingy bracelet. The best contrast you get with a dark dial in my opinion, white takes away the harmony.

Also my taste for a gold watch......darker dial see what i mean :)

ojd3dpb.jpg

SKDWXyJ.jpg

Jonnybaws

Indeed, I see what you mean...

Thats pretty much confirmed my decision to go with the black dial :D

MikeAlmighty

I agree on the gold, but white/silver still gets my vote in stainless

calvincew

You gotta agree on the black :D but they are all so beautiful, why not choose all three? lol

Kernow

White on SS, black on gold. It's a dressy watch and I generally prefer my dress watches to be white and my divers and sports watches to be darker in colour.

Jonnybaws

You gotta agree on the black :D but they are all so beautiful, why not choose all three? lol

Well... I do like the 15300 too.. :rolleyes::Whistle:

calvincew

Gotta collect em all :D;)

zinnboy

I've got an AP 15300ST in white. Loving it. Will put some pics up soon. Just bought from a TD.

Jonnybaws

I've got an AP 15300ST in white. Loving it. Will put some pics up soon. Just bought from a TD.

Well bloody hurry man! :D

_DC_

I had the black dial and it is lovely, but I gotta say I think the blue dial is a true stunner!!

Everyone does black or white, be different, go blue!!!

DC

BentleySharp

The version I want to get is this one from TT:

http://www.ttw888.co...oducts_id=10978

Andrew states that this is the "last" version, no further releases of this to be made, anyone else know this to be the case?

I got the TT version with a white dial from Joshua. If you want the TT you'd better get it now or you might miss out.

Just as a note: As far as I know (I could be wrong so don't flay my hide if I am) but I did some research, and the 15400 isn't, and never was, available in TT. Only SS and Gold. BUT, back in 1972, before the 15400 was made, there was a TT watch called the 'Royal Oak Reference 1406 (sorry, it's 5402 Series A)' that was the predecessor to the 15300 which was the predecessor to the 15400. It looks almost exactly like the 15400 except that some of the branding on the dial was slightly different and the watch was a touch thinner.

So, what Joshua (and probably Andrew) is selling is basically a watch with the 15400 branding on the dial, and the same thickness as a 15400, but in TT, like the Ref 1406 5402 agian...oops.

The differences are so minute that only a real asshole (like myself and the other forum members) would notice :D

I bought one and I love it. I'm wearing it now as a matter of fact :)

Oh... Um.... I just re-read your post.... You said TT. You meant "Trusty Time".... I thought you meant TT as in "Two Tone"... Hmm...Well, just disregard everything I said.

Edited by BentleySharp

Jonnybaws

I had the black dial and it is lovely, but I gotta say I think the blue dial is a true stunner!!

Everyone does black or white, be different, go blue!!!

DC

Cheers DC...

I will get a Blue dial but that will be on a PP (don't have a PP in the collection...... yet!)

Its gonna be Black for the 15400

Jonnybaws

Andrew states that this is the "last" version, no further releases of this to be made, anyone else know this to be the case?

I got the TT version with a white dial from Joshua. If you want the TT you'd better get it now or you might miss out.

Just as a note: As far as I know (I could be wrong so don't flay my hide if I am) but I did some research, and the 15400 isn't, and never was, available in TT. Only SS and Gold. BUT, back in 1972, before the 15400 was made, there was a TT watch called the 'Royal Oak Reference 1406' that was the predecessor to the 15300 which was the predecessor to the 15400. It looks almost exactly like the 15400 except that some of the branding on the dial was slightly different and the watch was a touch thinner.

So, what Joshua (and probably Andrew) is selling is basically a watch with the 15400 branding on the dial, and the same thickness as a 15400, but in TT, like the Ref 1406.

The differences are so minute that only a real asshole (like myself and the other forum members) would notice :D

Cheers BSharp, but when I wrote TT I meant Trusty Times.. not Titanium which what I think you think the TT stands for? :giggle:

_DC_

Just as a note: As far as I know (I could be wrong so don't flay my hide if I am) but I did some research, and the 15400 isn't, and never was, available in TT. Only SS and Gold. BUT, back in 1972, before the 15400 was made, there was a TT watch called the 'Royal Oak Reference 1406' that was the predecessor to the 15300 which was the predecessor to the 15400. It looks almost exactly like the 15400 except that some of the branding on the dial was slightly different and the watch was a touch thinner.

So, what Joshua (and probably Andrew) is selling is basically a watch with the 15400 branding on the dial, and the same thickness as a 15400, but in TT, like the Ref 1406.

When he says TT he means Trusty Time Bently, not two tone, lol! Thanks for the info though, I've not heard of the 1406 though?!

DC

baxter

i'm down with the black as well Baws !! ......... but then i never had any originality :lol:

IMG_6004_zpse21a4dc4.jpg

Jonnybaws

As far as i read all over the place the Angus version with Miyota is the best to get at the moment.

Who's Angus (which TD?) I've only ever bought from Andrew...

The Swiss no good in this?

Cheers :D

_DC_

Haha, such a sheep Jez!!

DC

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=10978

As far as i read all over the place the Angus version with Miyota is the best to get at the moment.

Agree, if only for that beautifully decorated movement!!

DC