Sign in to follow this  
Lefty83g

Has anyone else had a drastic change of heart about Panerai

Lefty83g

When I first became a watch whore i liked a lot of brands but not for the life of me could i understand what people would pay 6 to 20 k or 200-500 in our world for what i viewed as a glorified lumed up Timex that i perceived Pam to be . However upon my trip down the rabbit hole that is rep collecting ive had a drastic change of heart and as a student of architecture the Panerai designs seem to be the watch equivalent of Frank Lloyd Wright i guess i just wanted to know if other folks have had this 180 in perspective

rontej0226

I had never heard of Pam until I arrived at this forum. I just made my first two purchases (yet to receive the watches). But am already considering getting the Pam 111 V3 Noob! It looks great.

Daywatch

Designwise still stick to Rolex Sub and Gerald Genta but take Panerai into the top 3.

Rep-world-wise if You want the best You have almost no choice than sooner or later go to Panerai. Overall quality, looks, very good lume, detail in gen-likeliness are very, very difficult to get unless You choose PAM.

Would pay 6 to 20k in gen world for other brands but not for Panerai. Just my take.

Cheesemonger

I have always liked them and my first rep was a PAM 005. IMO the noob ones are very nicely done for the models I have researched.

BigBuys

My fanaticism started twenty years ago and my heart was consumed by the likes of Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piquet, Patek Philippe and Blancpain. Then the first Panerai caught my eye and I was hooked by this somewhat unknown, un-storied watchmaker. I now own one of everything but Blancpain, and my Panerai collection is approaching twenty!

Something MUST be right with Panerai for me to hoard twenty of them!

dave47

When I first became a watch whore i liked a lot of brands but not for the life of me could i understand what people would pay 6 to 20 k or 200-500 in our world for what i viewed as a glorified lumed up Timex that i perceived Pam to be . However upon my trip down the rabbit hole that is rep collecting ive had a drastic change of heart and as a student of architecture the Panerai designs seem to be the watch equivalent of Frank Lloyd Wright i guess i just wanted to know if other folks have had this 180 in perspective

You're not alone on this, lefty At first, I thought they were ugly; but as time passed and the further down the rabbit hole I went, I realize just how nice and elegant Pams really are! Plus, with my bad eyes, theyre a helluva lot easier to read the time.

dave

Lefty83g

ive got an ap v6 diver and and an hbb v6 on the way which ive always liked but ive grown real fond of the submersible and the bronzo to name a few but overall quality and being able to cross boundaries of casual and dress they are hard to beat . i think the 47mm in the bronzo is to big for me though does anyone have any input on that ive got a 7.25 in wrist

Lefty83g
My fanaticism started twenty years ago and my heart was consumed by the likes of Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piquet, Patek Philippe and Blancpain. Then the first Panerai caught my eye and I was hooked by this somewhat unknown, un-storied watchmaker. I now own one of everything but Blancpain, and my Panerai collection is approaching twenty!

Something MUST be right with Panerai for me to hoard twenty of them!

yep i understand speaking of vc im growing rather fond of the overseas and as far as Blancpaiin i will have a fifty fathoms lol

ps.. i spot a tennessee flag flying below are you a Volunteer Fan

Lefty83g
Designwise still stick to Rolex Sub and Gerald Genta but take Panerai into the top 3.

Rep-world-wise if You want the best You have almost no choice than sooner or later go to Panerai. Overall quality, looks, very good lume, detail in gen-likeliness are very, very difficult to get unless You choose PAM.

Would pay 6 to 20k in gen world for other brands but not for Panerai. Just my take.

my feelings exactly as far as spending for a gen

BigBuys

Well of course, when I'm not rooting for those Tejas horns.

mascot

I never had interst in panarai, fell in love with them the second I put one on my wrist.

The Rollie sea dweller was another piece that I thought if never ever care for either.

airfix163

heres my story when i first saw the panerai marina 111 i wanted it .i asked the wife who responded no.in the meantime i ordered online a replica it looked fantastic even the movement was identicial she excepted this and life was fine my longing was for a real marina on line late one night i found the jewel i was looking for after several beers i became obsessed until i won the bidding i paid for the item by card several days later with sweat on my brow the watch arrived my god on opening the box i was struck by the most beautifull site i have ever encounted it is truly a work of art i took my replica off and replaced it with the real panerai after swapping bands i paraded around my wife looking to see whether she noticed any difference she didnt am i proud of this deciept no am i happy that i have my panerai marina 111 delighted

Lefty83g
I never had interst in panarai, fell in love with them the second I put one on my wrist.

The Rollie sea dweller was another piece that I thought if never ever care for either.

yep im having a real hard time not gettng the dssd and popping a gen insert in it hell i even put it in Marys hands and told her to pick one that was better and she chose the ap for me but that or a submersible is next unless i can find a mille migla chrono gtxl gray dial lol

Lefty83g
Well of course, when I'm not rooting for those Tejas horns.

Good OLE ROCKY TOP !!!!!!!

Olliewatts

I've never liked them

Mazz

I used to be slightly intrested in them....................not so much now.

the 111 and the 183 are nice the rest all look to similar

DR3M3L

I never got why people where drooling over them, until I visited an AD and fell in love with the Pam collection. Then, I bought the 111, the 243 and the 386. Later I sold the 243 and the 386, and my pam111 became an experiment watch. Got a gen 6497 and transplanted the decorated bridges of a pam005, still love the beauty!

mysterio

Did not know about the brand. When I entered the hobby all I knew were Tag, Rolex, Omega and Breitling. Got bitten when I had my first PAM, the 212. Now I have more than 10.

TK01

Breitling only fan here, u guys are tempting me more and more to get a Pam over a Super Ocean Heritage next order

TK01

Not sure what this one is havent read much one Pam's but I know I want it with same rubber bracelet !!!

C0F79C46-1782-43B7-BFBF-9DF14E4A80EA.jpg

psantos1091

I am still a noob I guess because they have not grown on me even though I do like the fact they are very gen like.. I bought a few homage PAMs to see what all the fuss was about. I ended up giving them away as gifts, sooo..

I do not like PAM sam I am, I do not like em here nor there, I do not like them anywhere. :suck:

BadPickle
I am still a noob I guess because they have not grown on me even though I do like the fact they are very gen like.. I bought a few homage PAMs to see what all the fuss was about. I ended up giving them away as gifts, sooo..

I do not like PAM sam I am, I do not like em here nor there, I do not like them anywhere. :suck:

You will, maybe not today.......maybe not tomorrow.... but someday soon......... and for the rest of your life.........;)

BaggyPants

Didn't appreciate them at all in the first instance, but now have two. A Noob 177 that gets worn almost all the time, and a 114 that is away being fixed. Maybe it's because I have large wrists. They do tend to look a bit bulky on those with girl wrists :)

Chiruku

Currently going through the same feelings about AP that I used to have with Pams. Wasn't sure until I actually had one - now love them. Might be time to break the AP phobia...

Thrichar

Hated them, bought a cheapie California to try the style, then went for a 504 which I absolutely love! Radiomir only though - can't get past the crown guard on the luminor!!