Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

A7750 Movements have landed - Place Your Bets Now!

SSTEEL

As many of you know by now, I have experienced my fair share of issues with A7750 movements, as if these movements were not troublesome in themselves, buying replacements has also been somewhat of a mission getting them in working condition on arrival.

I even ordered new Chinese A7750 movements from cousinsuk, but as some of you know, they don't offer warranty on Chinese movements, and I had a few that were either DOA, or had issues upon delivery.

Buying used movements too has turned out to be tricky, and on the 12th of last month I paid for an A7750 from a seller on RWI, got the tracking number same day, but alas to this day, the tracking still says its in New York :(

So, with customers waiting their fare share of time for replacement movements, I needed to do something, and something fast. I asked around a few of my watchmaker friends, and was put in contact with someone in HK who could supply me with new A7750 direct from the factory, and the best part, is they offer a warranty if they arrive faulty :)

So I ordered x 5 A7750 movements, and they got held up in customs, and I ws starting to think, me, and A7750 movements just don't mix, but alas, a few phone calls, and emails, I managed to get them released, and they arrived today.

Now here's the fun part. I have numbered these movements 1 through to 5. All arrived well packaged, and in hack mode.

I am yet to test them, but thought I would let you guys play a little game, and pick a number which movement, or movements are either DOA, or faulty following my tests later today.

Go on, you know you want to, pick a number, and describe the fault. If you are right, you will win a mystery prize ;)

13933241289_7d4b807e33_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

13933223797_058d5b9360_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

14120239174_b35246dd9b_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Good luck!

xnview

I think they all will work:)

Electron17

Hi Micky, I think number 3 will be DOA. Hope I am wrong for your sake and that all is well with all the movements.

psantos1091

Same prediction for me.

Mariner89

I'm saying number 4 will have something wrong ... what im not sure ... maybe a chrono problem or date problem ..... i just ordered a new operating lever for my chrono today because my died last night so now i have to wait two weeks to fix it :(

dannyw

Same prediction for me.

+1, THEY WILL WORK!!

(I say so, because i have 3 x 7750 watches, and my watchsmith laughed when i saw i might be able to find movement's spare part or complete set. So I want yours to be all good, so in future, you might consider selling me a few?)

fatarms

#2 looks like trouble.

#2 is going to be faulty.

#2 sucks.

TheSav

If I had to bet I'd say number 2. But hoping they are al in good working order. Best of luck :)

SSTEEL

Hi Micky, I think number 3 will be DOA. Hope I am wrong for your sake and that all is well with all the movements.

Same prediction for me.

I'm saying number 4 will have something wrong ... what im not sure ... maybe a chrono problem or date problem ..... i just ordered a new operating lever for my chrono today because my died last night so now i have to wait two weeks to fix it :(

Same prediction for me.

+1, THEY WILL WORK!!

(I say so, because i have 3 x 7750 watches, and my watchsmith laughed when i saw i might be able to find movement's spare part or complete set. So I want yours to be all good, so in future, you might consider selling me a few?)

The tests have been completed, and the results are in. Will leave the game open until this evening. The mystery prize for the correctly guessed answer will be revealed later also ;)

#2 looks like trouble.

#2 is going to be faulty.

#2 sucks.

If I had to bet I'd say number 2. But hoping they are al in good working order. Best of luck :)

See above reply ;)

Necromancer

Number 5 will be initially DOA but fine after pubes are removed

:)

SSTEEL

:lmao:

DR3M3L

1 to 5 all doa until you press the crown back in winding or date position. :D

But to be serious, I think nr 2 is doa due to the balance wheel being out of place.

SSTEEL

Noted ;)

All will be revealed around 5pm Finnish time.

Stuvetjee

Nice to have some connections over at a movement fac. in China :)

Something is telling me nr 3 is going to be DOA :P

Tekkes

Nr 4 is DOA, because the thingy next to the other thingy is stuck

JSJ

I believe all five will be fine. I hope so for you too.

My supplier in HK has done a first class job so far and all the movements have been good. The fact that he offers a warranty perhaps concentrates his mind. I'm not buying in bulk like you though.

CousinsUK need some decent competition because their website is rubbish and they think they can get away with writing their own rules, being the monopoly more or less. The market will get them in the end. Plenty of bigger firms than them have been zapped.

BadPickle

:lmao2:

Keeping my fingers crossed for a full house of working movements Micky. :thumbsup:

plankton

:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Isn't that the truth. I had one from Joshua that had a small hair in the frieking balance wheel.

Boycie

Micky after the luck you have been having I hope they all work :)

With your skills mate I bet you could even regulate those pubes...........:)

nuttcrac69

I reckon they all work as well

Piccolo

Lucky number 3...

But hope they are all running fine really!

Lukus_91

No. 4, chrono won't work!

But hope they are all good :)

court

Ever the optimist I'll say that all will work when tested. You'll probably lose one to a fault in the first 6 months though. (I'm a realist too)

SSTEEL

Same prediction for me.

I reckon they all work as well

Congrats to you three, all five movements are fully working. The first member above to pm me gets upgraded to VIP membership, just as well you three are not already VIP's ;)

fraggle42

I was just about to say they are ALL DOA until you wind them up :D