Sign in to follow this  
Brightlight

WTF, damn tracking/Customs

Brightlight

Just shows how inefficient this crowd can be, particularly after a 1 day public holiday, 2 days from China, 3 in Customs. I could understand it if this was a watch but it's an ETA movement and some watch parts for repair, nothing counterfeit or suspicious. This is why I don't like EMS and much prefer to take the risk of registered airmail. And now Parcelfarce will charge me a small fortune in 'handling fees'. Deep joy!

Date Time Location Tracking Event

30-08-2010 23:21 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

30-08-2010 23:21 International Hub Arrived in destination country

29-08-2010 00:46 Delivery Agent - GUANGZHOU - PTT Left origin country

28-08-2010 16:05 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

KeNnY

30-08-2010 23:21 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

I think this is normal for every package. But if it taking so long, you will maybe get an notice from your customs office. In my country, when customs wants to charge me, they sent me an postal note, about an package, and I must present the value of that item, and they will charge the amount (TAX etc.) from that value..

greg_r

You might get away with it dependent on how the package has been marked. "Awaiting customs charging" is a normal part of the process (all EMS packages will show that as part of the standard tracking through UK customs) and doesn't necessarily mean that you will be charged.

onzenuub
You might get away with it dependent on how the package has been marked. "Awaiting customs charging" is a normal part of the process (all EMS packages will show that as part of the standard tracking) and doesn't necessarily mean that you will be charged.

NOOB :D

Brightlight

Normally Customs would work out the tax if any, Parcelforce would pay up and charge me + a huge handling fee. I'm not really bothered whether it is charged or not, I just want the parts to get a couple of watches finished and out! It's the 3 days sitting there that pisses me off with nothing I can do about that.

greg_r

Yup - sometimes a parcel will go through customs in a day, but I've had a watch held up for about 10 days before now. Just seems to be down to how backed up they are.... :D

KeNnY

usually there is a lot of paper work for charging customs + they need to inspect it closely , mess with it, check the price on local area and internet etc. So that is why it took so long.

greg_r
usually there is a lot of paper work for charging customs + they need to inspect it closely , mess with it, check the price on local area and internet etc. So that is why it took so long.

nope - that's not how it works. Providing the parcel is not suspicious, they will simply let it go through - charging or not charging dependent on the documentation supplied. The reason for the delay is purely down to the size of their backlog (oo-err missus! ;) )

KeNnY

maybe at your customs ;) at my customs, they are suspicious every time... I didn't ordered EMS, but I had almost all other shipping methods (Air Mail, DHL, UPS, FedEx, TNT...). On private company shippers, they have always called me, stating that I must send them an paper of value of shipped items. They are not easy to fool... Stupid bureaucracy system !

Edited by 1kenny1kenny1

Steve227

Totally, all the watches I've ordered have been in Awaiting Customs Charging for atleast 3 days and then sent to depot.

I don't think Parcelforce appreciates the need for 'the fix' after waiting so long! haha

Member X

Damn them!!

Especially if they are parts to fix my watches, BL ;) ;)

torobravo

Both EMS and registered airmail suck but they are the cheapests so far...

Brightlight
Damn them!!

No they're not for you X ;) Your Explorer movement is stripped down awaiting cleaning and reassembly. Incidentally the missing screw put in an appearance but I don't know where it fell out of. I've just sent you a PM about the BK.

greg_r
Both EMS and registered airmail suck but they are the cheapests so far...

Yup - that pretty much covers the salient points ;)

Brightlight

nope - that's not how it works. Providing the parcel is not suspicious, they will simply let it go through - charging or not charging dependent on the documentation supplied. The reason for the delay is purely down to the size of their backlog (oo-err missus! ;) )

Yes that's what I'm getting at G, the 3 days delay after a 1 day Public Holiday. Maybe it's just a function of lack of money but HMRC are becoming a joke. I've just received a paper EC Sales List form (for VAT) in the post, something I've been submitting on line on their website for months!! Try phoning their helpline sometime as well, they're always busy with no queuing service so you just get told to phone later!

Bastards!!!

Member X
Damn them!!

No they're not for you X :rofl: Your Explorer movement is stripped down awaiting cleaning and reassembly. Incidentally the missing screw put in an appearance but I don't know where it fell out of. I've just sent you a PM about the BK.

Sweeeeeeet ;)

*must stop pining*

LoL ;)

Brightlight
Damn them!!

No they're not for you X :rofl: Your Explorer movement is stripped down awaiting cleaning and reassembly. Incidentally the missing screw put in an appearance but I don't know where it fell out of. I've just sent you a PM about the BK.

Sweeeeeeet ;)

*must stop pining*

LoL ;)

I can send them back separately if you like, Explorer first.......

prestigewatchco

After a bank holiday everything is always fucked up in the UK. Ems is is the fastest to Uk normally I have sent shipments on a Friday afternoon before now abd they have been delivered on Monday morning even Express airmail is usually only about 7 days to UK . DHL/FEDEX/TNT need 4-5 working days from Bangkok to London and 9 times out of 10 there will be customs to pay with them

KeNnY
After a bank holiday everything is always fucked up in the UK. Ems is is the fastest to Uk normally I have sent shipments on a Friday afternoon before now abd they have been delivered on Monday morning even Express airmail is usually only about 7 days to UK . DHL/FEDEX/TNT need 4-5 working days from Bangkok to London and 9 times out of 10 there will be customs to pay with them

yes the DHL/FEDEX/TNT/UPS they need the papers for customs, or they will be highly charged by country, not obeying the law of the country. The EMS is specially the national post no ? Please what is the price of EMS from your country to Slovakia ? Thanks ;)

Brightlight

Just as a matter of interest, tracking shows it released without charge last night and out for delivery this morning.

trailboss99

I can't believe they dick around with customs charges on such petty amounts.

Here in OZ nothing under 1000 dollars attracts customs charges, personal or business.

Col.

KeNnY

Here in OZ nothing under 1000 dollars attracts customs charges, personal or business.

Bless your customs !

here everything more expensive than 20€ makes them dicky as crap !

Brightlight

Col.

This is the joy of petty bureaucracy. Make a man a tax collector and he will do his utmost to collect as much tax as he can to justify his position. It is the disease of the civil servant.

trailboss99

The silly thing is that for small amounts it costs more to collect said tax then the return.

AU customs realise this, yours are obviously too stupid to do so.

Col.

Brightlight
The silly thing is that for small amounts it costs more to collect said tax then the return.

AU customs realise this, yours are obviously too stupid to do so.

Col.

UK civil servants are not known as 'Jobsworths' for nothing (from "Sorry Sir, it's more than my job's worth...). They are so tied up in their petty bureaucracy they know nothing else.

But I think it's more a question of scale. When you have millions of parcels coming in each year it does become economic to charge even a small amount, particularly as very few are examined in any way other than a proportion being xrayed. Australia's imports of small value stuff will be much much smaller, and generally limited to sheep shearing shears. :)