Sign in to follow this  
mshklovskiy

Ive been looking for a good Big Pilot

mshklovskiy

Ive looked on all the TD for a Big pilot that is perfect, but cant seem to find one that fits all the criteria.

so if you look at this one:

iwc-big-pilot-iw8184_1.jpg

Wha you notice is that the date is black, the power reserve is not fixed and its red area below 2 days.What I am looking for is this watch in brown strap, but it seems that all the watches on TD have white date or a not working power reserve. Can anyone recommend someone that they dealt with that have a proper replica?

Prancuzas

You dont like searching and reading the forums, dont You?

mshklovskiy

This should be made mandatory for all members ffs....here read this...http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=67090

You dont like searching and reading the forums, dont You?

yeah. Ive already done business with Mark and with Andrew. So yes - I have read this. I already asked a lot of trusted dealers via email and PM. thats why I said that 'all the watches on TD have white date or a not working power reserve'. What they have is not good enough.

Hence my querstion - Can anyone recommend someone that they dealt with that have a proper replica? Do you think this question is too crazy to ask after reading all the stuff on the newbie forum?

Edited by mshklovskiy

Prancuzas

Yes it's too crazy.

Lost of topics have same answer:

Option 1: working PR and white sunken datewheel, bad PR subdail placement and etc etc.

Option 2. fauxPR, flush black datewheel (for 5004-01), good overall appearance.

So, once again - if You want the one that looks best, You have to live with fauxPR (most of people choose this way). If You want working PR, go for cheaper and not that good model. If You want both - get a gen because no rep exist for Your criteria.

higginsd

Sorry, but this is a picture of a gen. I'm very sure. A fraud. Don't buy there.

And NO, not all TDs have 5004 with white date wheel. Some have, yes, but you must look more precisely. BTW: the 5002 has a white date wheel... And NO, there is NO accurate rep version of the BP with working PR. If you have working PR the date wheel is recessed due to mechanical reasons and the PR subdial is placed too close to the center of the watch. Also you have a date-quick-change-pusher in the case - these BP reps are all crap. Look for a BP with faux PR.

mshklovskiy

And NO, not all TDs have 5004 with white date wheel. Some have, yes, but you must look more precisely. BTW: the 5002 has a white date wheel... And NO, there is NO accurate rep version of the BP with working PR. If you have working PR the date wheel is recessed due to mechanical reasons and the PR subdial is placed too close to the center of the watch. Also you have a date-quick-change-pusher in the case - these BP reps are all crap. Look for a BP with faux PR.

The picture is of a real one. You aer correct.

myaz

And NO, there is NO accurate rep version of the BP with working PR. If you have working PR the date wheel is recessed due to mechanical reasons and the PR subdial is placed too close to the center of the watch. Also you have a date-quick-change-pusher in the case - these BP reps are all crap. Look for a BP with faux PR.

^ this.

I've got both versions and it sucks because I hate any faux dials but the one with the functional PR has too many problems, including issues with the crown and stem.

JSJ

I'm definitely after a BP with the best looks. In fact, I am waiting to pounce on M2M.

I want high beat movement, PR in the correct position (not bothered about working PR as I just know that the rep will not have an eight day PR), correct coloured datewheel, decent AR, and above all, superlume.

I don't want much do I?

JSJ

The picture is of a real one. You aer correct.

All my watches are real. Not a single tattoo amongst them :rofl:

elmerlo

I've got both versions and it sucks because I hate any faux dials but the one with the functional PR has too many problems, including issues with the crown and stem.

Huh? Can you be more precise about the issues?

I have the working PR and the crown/stem complex seems just fine (bought in February, kept it running since). Yes, I had bought another one last year and _that_ had huge issues with the crown, being very wobbly: every time I had to operate on it I thought it would fall apart...

higginsd

To tell you something about the PR subdial: if you start wearing the gen watch it winds up very fast due to the Pellaton winding system. So after a short time the PR hand shows - full. And if you wear the watch normal the PR hand shows - full. Only if you put it on your nightstand you'll see the PR hand has moved a bit away from full. You pull on the watch and after a short time it shows - full!

So what is the sense of buying the rep with the working PR and the 3 big flaws (recessed datewheel, misaligned PR subdial and date change pusher) though the PR would only show - full?!?

JSJ

To tell you something about the PR subdial: if you start wearing the gen watch it winds up very fast due to the Pellaton winding system. So after a short time the PR hand shows - full. And if you wear the watch normal the PR hand shows - full. Only if you put it on your nightstand you'll see the PR hand has moved a bit away from full. You pull on the watch and after a short time it shows - full!

So what is the sense of buying the rep with the working PR and the 3 big flaws (recessed datewheel, misaligned PR subdial and date change pusher) though the PR would only show - full?!?

+1 +1 +1

black263

Best big pilot I know.

jek_porkins_zps4f0f479e.jpg

myaz

Huh? Can you be more precise about the issues?

I have the working PR and the crown/stem complex seems just fine (bought in February, kept it running since). Yes, I had bought another one last year and _that_ had huge issues with the crown, being very wobbly: every time I had to operate on it I thought it would fall apart...

I bought one on M2M and the seller specifically mentioned it had no crown issues. Within days of getting it, the crown started to give me problems: it wouldn't get out of the hour setting mode when the crown was screwed back in. Meaning that after setting the correct time, the crown must be screwed back in like a Sub or Nautilus, etc. Doing so kept moving the hands. Therefore I could have the correct time and an unscrewed crown or a tightened crown and whatever time the hands stopped after screwing the crown in. I had it repaired and the watch smith put in a new crown and stem. Now, it's much much better most of the time. It still occasionally does that again and I have to fiddle with the crown back and forth and back and forth to get it to disengage from the hour setting mode.

Hope this helps.

higginsd

These described problems are another reason to buy the version with faux PR. It just works.

narikaa

Or maybe just ease off on the lysergics and add in a little Benzodiazepines to taste

;)

higginsd

What do you want to tell us? Take some hard drugs to stand the sh... the TDs (like you) are selling us in form of the BP with working PR?!? Or take some drugs to suppress the fear we'll feel every morning while putting on a watch nearly every noob (or my grandma) can identify as a rep?!? Sorry, stop selling this crap or make your homeworks and release a complete new version of the BP: with working PR (8 days PR), correct position of the PR subdial, non recessed date wheel and no funny pusher at the outside of the case to quickchange the date. IWC would NEVER build in a pusher to add a function to a movement (except chrono pushers, ok)! SCNR

myaz

A little frustrated, are you?

The way I read it, he says it will take a little LSD for one to believe a better Big Pilot can be built using the rep movements available ATM.

Best option is not to lust for what you can't have but to be happy with what you can get, it also lowers the Valium maintenance dose.

elmerlo

There is some testosterone around, so, let's add some crap to increase the fire rate. :P

Guess what: I went to the AD and tried the Gen 5009: my Chinese rep looks better :P (the Gen has smaller numbers, which I don't like)

The point is (IMHO!): if you are not fine with reps, just don't buy them. We all can go very anal about details (I do for Subs), but you reach a point in which you have to say: OK, this is good enough for what I pay. And it's good looking.

My BPs (the second arrived yesterday, alligator strap, bought on M2M) look great, period.

My Subs look great, period (one on the way, just bought from Reg).

If you have to buy reps only to check microscopic details and freak out, you will be frustrated all the time.

black263

I buy watches because I like the look of them. Some of my favourites are great looking, but awful replicas. My White AP Diver, on gen Alligator strap. (AP don't make that model in white) My Omega Dark Side of the Moon, doesn't have running seconds and it's Quartz. My Tag Link has the 9 and 6 sub-dials swapped around, and it's also Quartz. With them, there is no point whatever in considering the other tells, as they are just so different from the gen. But they are my keepers. If you get anal, you get miserable, as nothing on the market apart from a gen will ever satisfy you.

JSJ

Yeah I get the stuff about comparing with the gen. I'm not that bothered. Lume is really important to me because I wear a watch all night. The dearer reps generally have better lume.

Since I'm not exactly short of watches, I can wait and buy a watch that ticks every single box when one comes up. If one doesn't come up, I'll cope.

That's not anal it's common sense.

elmerlo

I have been here since January 2013 and, in my limited experience, once that a Rep is out, well, that's it. Unless it's a Rolex Sub, it won't get updated.

In this timespan I saw the Sub Noob going from V1 to V3 (ridicolously doubling the initial price, now it's nonsense), not to mention the several factories/dealers that work on it (Noob, TW, BP, TC, BK etc.) but at the same time I saw no updates, for example, to the TAG Heuer Link Chrono (crown doesn't screw in properly, bad AR) or to the Big Pilot.

higginsd

You're wrong, reps are updated. Not all, but the reps selling good are updated from time to time. EG the 3714 and the BP5002.

Hey that's not a testosterone problem. If you (elmero) are lucky with your BP with working PR - it's fine! But they don't look great (in my eyes) and the PR subdial is complete wrong. Also period. I won't buy this and I have a BP 5002 with faux PR which really looks great and you can't tell wether it is gen or rep without rotating it or opening the case back.

No problem so far, we both are lucky. But I feel a little mocked if a TD tells me I should only take some drugs and his crap watches will look fine to me. That's all.