Sign in to follow this  
plankton

DSSD Splash (Vac, BK, Plankton modded)

plankton

Well you guys might be sick of this project but I think it is a finished product. We have my BK DSSD, High Gloss Red Scripts face, Tuned 2836-2 with gen ETA COSC balance wheel by an ETA tech, all lugs replaced and polished, red splash on dial and second hand, Vac LUME (which jams), Vac AR (un-real difference- far better looking than a gen crystal), water-proof, polish.

This guy took me like 6 months of wait time but I wanted a DSSD that "I liked the style" so much. .

Ended up with a DSSD I really like, keeps better time then my gen did, clearer and has a little more flash. I'm having one of those happy days.

0245c7a4-62af-4b19-900d-6f01b2a9ca6c_zpsb8665467.jpg

ccf9f7cf-a0d6-424d-82d5-1371822e7002_zps272b3986.jpg

027_zps70950eb7.jpg

023_zpsd4b7d7e4.jpg

003_zpse3a55a30.jpg

And 5 minutes later

007_zps0d1fb505.jpg

Pavo

That looks fantastic, I have a Bk Dssd and love it but that just takes it up another level. How much did all that cost? Us Vac a guy on here?

The red on the black looks great and I like AR.

kenton23

AWESOME

plankton

That looks fantastic, I have a Bk Dssd and love it but that just takes it up another level. How much did all that cost? Us Vac a guy on here?

The red on the black looks great and I like AR.

[email protected] he did the paint work on the s hand, AR and Lume and WP. You have to email him- the AR just kicks compared to no AR- really worth it!!

I have $1300 in it but I sold my gen because I like this one more so I up in my mind!

Pavo

What about the Eta cosc, does that improve the second hand sweep to more gen like? Did Vac do the dial in red too?

LeandroBR

I like it! Well done mate! Wear it in good health!

R1evans

That's a work of art,I love it.

rickyrosey

Very nice, how did you do the paint mod on the dial text im experimenting right now with some rolex submariners giving them a little color but im having a hard time modding the text

Steve227

Very nice! I like the red splash.

plankton

What about the Eta cosc, does that improve the second hand sweep to more gen like? Did Vac do the dial in red too?

BK had the dial done for me on the initial build. Second had is smooth as silk.

Very nice, how did you do the paint mod on the dial text im experimenting right now with some rolex submariners giving them a little color but im having a hard time modding the text

BK had that done for me on the build.

Pavo

I did not realise Bk did any mods on his dials like that or the extra work fine tuning the eta movement. It looks great

sergiiko

I should ask BK to do the same red script on my DSSD. Is he still can do it or it was just special order?

jeffrsho

That's awesome!

plankton

I should ask BK to do the same red script on my DSSD. Is he still can do it or it was just special order?

It was kind of a special order thing but he's such a great guy why not inquire.

Thanks for the compliments on my baby.

Thrasher

Its Beautiful BK rules the world.

Mariss

A work of Art :o

gvln68

really love it!

wanlo

Very nice, the red looks awesome. But my max budget for rep will ceiling at $300

plankton

Very nice, the red looks awesome. But my max budget for rep will ceiling at $300

Dude you have to change that number, you can always sell a build and recoup most the cash if spent wisely. I wore that DSSD today, I'm telling you it keeps as accurate time as my gen DSSD did when I had it and it looks so much nicer.

plankton

After a lot of modded Reps I still keep coming back to this guy!!!

Gocanes

I enjoy all of your Vac projects, really appreciate you sharing and all the great photos. Out of all the ones I've seen, the Panda and the DSSD are my favorites with the DSSD taking #1. Such an understated classy piece.

Mwhitetx

I love my DSSD but this is amazing. Ill need to upgade to a BK soon.

This is just perfect. Very well done!

k3rm87

Dont usually like modded DSSD's but mate, that orange really sets it off. What a stunner!!

Gocanes

What kind of pearl do you have on this? Standard noob dssd v6? Didn't notice lume from the pearl on the lume shot. Thanks.

plankton

We went through 3 pearls to find the one that matched my 2013 gen DSSD. I honestly don't know who made it. I'm sure bk would remember.