Sign in to follow this  
xnview

My 2nd rep - PO

xnview

So I got my first rep about a month ago, and now I've just received my 2nd. I went for a CrPo with a 2836 asian copy :)

IMG_3038_zps29402ce6.jpg

IMG_3040_zps26664eb0.jpg

Compared to the gen I tried in a store:

IMG_3018_zpsf6276865.jpg

I can see there are some small tells, but I really like it and will probably buy the gen at some point :)

TheOmegaFan

Is it Noob one? Thought it is out of stock.

Wear it well! Stunning watch!

rusty peters

Looks 100% BP to me.

TheOmegaFan
Looks 100% BP to me.

People even can't see if it's noob or BP.

nuttcrac69

Other than the pearl I can't see much wrong with it (Not that I am an expert). If you told me the gen was a rep I would have believed you.

Enjoy the watch!

xnview

Thank you :)

It's a BP from Josh, it really looks a lot better in real life, my iPhone pictures can't really justify the look of it

TheOmegaFan

It's a BP from Josh, it really looks a lot better in real life, my iPhone pictures can't really justify the look of it

Wow. Many people prefer noob but not much of them can point the differences between BP one.

I thought noob made texturized dial which is more closer to gen. But BP has it too.

rusty peters

Never question Mr. Peters.

Ha ha ha. The low gloss bezel is the giveaway.

xnview

Wow. Many people prefer noob but not much of them can point the differences between BP one.

I thought noob made texturized dial which is more closer to gen. But BP has it too.

Yeah I know, I believe that on the wrist you can't really tell the big difference between noob and bp. The guy in the store told me that when the AR coating (on gen) got scratched you could just take a polishing machine to remove the outer AR coting, and because the glass is sapphire and the bezel is ceramic it wouldn't get scratched.. Doing it on the rep would almost certain cause fading bezel issue

TheOmegaFan

Yeah I know, I believe that on the wrist you can't really tell the big difference between noob and bp. The guy in the store told me that when the AR coating (on gen) got scratched you could just take a polishing machine to remove the outer AR coting, and because the glass is sapphire and the bezel is ceramic it wouldn't get scratched.. Doing it on the rep would almost certain cause fading bezel issue

Can we also see a pic of caseback. This really bothers me, a font on BP TiPO seems to be thicker than on gen. Was wondering if this happens to CrPO too?

zinnboy

Nice watch enjoy it well and make sure its waterproof.

samadkins29

Other than the pearl I can't see much wrong with it (Not that I am an expert). If you told me the gen was a rep I would have believed you.

Enjoy the watch!

The pearl is correct, Noobs is the incorrect one. After looking at both, Noobs has a tendency to be too shallow.

nuttcrac69

Enjoy the watch!

The pearl is correct, Noobs is the incorrect one. After looking at both, Noobs has a tendency to be too shallow.

Thanks for the info, but I was comparing to the gen. The gen looks more centred to me. Could also just be the angle of the picture?

xnview

Enjoy the watch!

Thanks for the info, but I was comparing to the gen. The gen looks more centred to me. Could also just be the angle of the picture?

Yes the pearl are not centered as good as the gen, but in real life it actually are a lot less visible then I expected

Hornet

Lovely, lovely watch......

......say hello to my slightly less-new PO

20140505_093822_zpsd169483e.jpg

....which is BP factory version. Couldn't get the Noob one for love nor money in this version.

Left Coast Guy

I've seen mine next to a gen and most obvious difference is the topcoat on the black of the dial. The gen has a texture to it that is visible, the rep is more of a flat, matte black.

DR3M3L

This is one of the best reps available IMO :) Wear it in good health!

Vreds

Enjoy the watch!

Gen has thicker numerals on the date wheel too (doesn't gen have silver numerals while rep has white?). But you are right, it's close to impossible to see if its a rep or not.

samadkins29

Enjoy the watch!

For sure! The Noob has better placement (looking at another thread). But again, it could be just the pictures. Its close enough all around compared to the gen.

zufir

I'm pretty sure the BPs models have been getting better with the fading anyway

lg8055

what about the fading bezel issues? is it a good coating on your watch? looks very nice!

lg8055

what about the fading bezel issues? is it a good coating on your watch? looks very nice!

Walesy

Looks lovely mate, had a look at these yesterday in the Airport. Got my juices flowing but...I don't think I would buy a gen Omega for some reason. The reps do me...like this, looks brilliant.

medezonok

To be pleasant to me this reр, but my friend bought one of them and in a year of figure on the bezel were almost erased. It afflicts!

jerome1988

Beautiful rep! Did you struggle getting used to the thickness of it?