Sign in to follow this  
alex.cpa

AP Diver inner bezel slipping - a simple trick to fix it

alex.cpa

Gents

I had a chance to swap a v3 noob inner bezel Into my 4.1 noob diver. Don't ask me why, I just felt it had better raised font than 4.1 and better alignment with the dial markers. I don't like j12 factory v6 super thick font btw...

I did notice tiny difference in inner bezel thickness between v3 and v 4.1 that resulted in somewhat sloppy rotation. Once assembled in the 4.1 case, rotation was sloppy and actually bi-directional (wrong, as it should be unidirectional) and eventually started slipping pretty bad. As many others I have figured that I can set it once and forget about it. But my OCD kicked in and I could not rest knowing it's not 100% functional as expected. And at some point I could not rotate it at all as gear was not catching even when pulling crown @10 outward as others have suggested.

After deliberations about disassembly and fixing it the hard way (potentially permanently so) I have recalled the mishap I had with my v2 diver where crystal was pressing down on the inner bezel and damaged it when my excited smith put too much pressure with his press on xtal with bezel still underneath...

Long story short I decided to give it a try - press xtal down into the outer bezel to push inner bezel down as well hoping if will align and catch the gear connected to crown @10.

I did so with my bare hands, placing a watch dial down on mouse pad ( u may want to take extra precautions to safeguard ur xtal from scratching) on my office desk and pressing firmly with my hand on the caseback. I applied significant pressure but not brutal force that could displace xtal gasket, damage inner bezel underneath or sit xtal noticeably lower ( as flush) in the external bezel. Something good has happened as I immediately was able to rotate inner bezel via crown @10. Clicks became very crisp and unidirectional only.

remasuju.jpg

You can try the same trick if u have similar slipping bezel problem. If it's an alignment or tolerance issue it maybe fixed with a slight push of a xtal down.

Do it at your own risk though. I am not responsible if u damage your precious diver in the process. It worked for me perfectly but you were warned!

Best...

plankton

Nice

Rands09
:thumbsup2:

DR3M3L

More pics of the watch please :D

alex.cpa

2adehede.jpg

ema4u3ab.jpg

dehybuqe.jpg

y3edaqe4.jpg