Sign in to follow this  
J!m

Attention lume masters: A challenge!

DR3M3L
First picture did not load... I am aware of the second (brightness chart) but dont know the total glow time of each pigment.

I know you do great lume work, but do you service Eta and Rolex movements too?

C3 dense may be what I want...

Use C3 with some color powder to get the right result ;)

DeLaForce

All done with holio lume (which is the best I've ever used) testors dullcoat laquer and thinner with a tan paint mixed in . It's all about consistency in the lume when applied IMO. Just diy it.

Oh and the lume is a subtle glow, 6h+ Kenny's chart is a good key .

9d4ec99ee37b2c19d5766ca6bdaaa3c3_zps0aa8160d.jpg

e5b4770dae7b56252638f4225ef9e8ed_zpsc64e5fda.jpg

Edited by DeLaForce

KeNnY

First picture did not load... I am aware of the second (brightness chart) but dont know the total glow time of each pigment.

I know you do great lume work, but do you service Eta and Rolex movements too?

C3 dense may be what I want...

yeah I have to upload them into mine Google Picasa as I use it often and always use google search to get the link fast :lol:

Let me know if this picture works now

dial_01.gif

If you dump the powder with paint or anything your will reduce the glow accordingly, So if the initial glowness is lowered by 50%, then the glowness after 1000 minutes will be 50% lower.

and thank you happy you like my work.

regarding movement services, still not full movement services at the moment, it is really time consuming and space consuming, but I want to start offering lets say SOON for Eta movements.

J!m

Yes, now I see the chart, but it is very tiny and hard to make out the units for "brightness" but the idea is clear to see- it drops quickly in the first 1/2 hour and then drops more steadily over time.

What does the green bar represent on the chart? Some sort of threshold I assume but what?

KeNnY

Yes, now I see the chart, but it is very tiny and hard to make out the units for "brightness" but the idea is clear to see- it drops quickly in the first 1/2 hour and then drops more steadily over time.

What does the green bar represent on the chart? Some sort of threshold I assume but what?

Yeah you can see the brightness in luminous intensity drops from 100 000 to 1000 after an hour, and then slowly to 100.

The Green is Tritium glowing intensity, what you want to replicate.

J!m

Nice.

So, the big question is, how do we replicate the green bar? Dim (by today's standards) but lasting a long time? Do you think the C3 dense will be the closest to this? Do you have experience with the C3 dense?

KeNnY

you can't replicate it, how I told you, if you lower the glownness in beginning by 50%, it will be lower trough whole life, so also ad the end it will bot be 100, but 50 or I can say lower than that and better say in reality will not glow 13 hours but only 6 hours.

BTW you CAN'T spot the difference between Tritium and Lume after few hours, simply Tritec C3, C1, BG-W9 lume will glow relatively after that time the same just that the C3 or BG-W9 will be the strongest lasting with long decay, but you can't replicate radioactive isotopes that glow the same always :)

J!m

I think six hour souls be good. Maybe lower it not quite half and go from there.

How is your turn time dealing with us yanks? Pm coming your way...

KeNnY

I think six hour souls be good. Maybe lower it not quite half and go from there.

How is your turn time dealing with us yanks? Pm coming your way...

I will reply you in following 24 hours ok ? :D please post here in forum requested daylight lume color and apperance

with shipping from US think of the shipping to EU and back to you. and also as US I will have to get it transshipped via UK due to customs and just to be safe. So 2-3 weeks will be only post to me.

J!m

Hmmm... Maybe I'll buy some new hands too in that case... Send it all to you and wait. If I pull the watch down I won't have it to wear!

Do you do movement service too? If so there may be more in the package...

Daylight lume color examples are earlier in this thread, including gen Tag trritium from 1987.