Sign in to follow this  
turnipz

Shirt/Watch Matching

turnipz

Well I was wondering what style and color of watch would match which dress shirt. What do you guys think matches a black dress shirt, a light blue one, or a white one? Is there any specific watches that match a certain color flawlessly?

I like the light blue dress shirt with rolled up sleeves mainly so would first want something that goes with that, though I'd also like to have another one that goes with a black shirt for weddings and stuff, and maybe one for white.

Edited by turnipz

Akira
Well I was wondering what style and color of watch would match which dress shirt. What do you guys think matches a black dress shirt, a light blue one, or a white one? Is there any specific watches that match a certain color flawlessly?

I like the light blue dress shirt with rolled up sleeves mainly so would first want something that goes with that, though I'd also like to have another one that goes with a black shirt for weddings and stuff, and maybe one for white.

IMO you cant go wrong with a SS rolex, omega or a classic PAM.

Brightlight

A nice classic Rolex goes with everything :rofl:

prestigewatchco

You could buy a silver or gold suit that would match most watches you would look like a tit but no one could say your watch didn't match. Ladies do this a lot with handbags and shoes 1st time I have seen anyone who stands up to pee being so particular though

Akira
A nice classic Rolex goes with everything :rofl:

+1 definitely

turnipz

Haha, anyways I was thinking of the best matches. Is rolex really the "best" choice for everything? I mean theres blue seamasters that might go better with blue? I see you guys with like 10 different watches, I'm sure you prefer one with certain dressing.

Edited by turnipz

KinCaidk

You could buy a silver or gold suit that would match most watches you would look like a tit but no one could say your watch didn't match. Ladies do this a lot with handbags and shoes 1st time I have seen anyone who stands up to pee being so particular though

oh fuck, that's funny :rofl:

greg_r
:rofl:@Robert

Brightlight
Haha, anyways I was thinking of the best matches. Is rolex really the "best" choice for everything? I mean theres blue seamasters that might go better with blue? I see you guys with like 10 different watches, I'm sure you prefer one with certain dressing.

The blues might clash, and you don't want that to happen. It's like men's shoes, you only need black or brown to match anything.

turnipz

Oh I see, thanks guys.

Silverspeed

:D ...this reminds me of the ginger guy from RG who posted a whole tutorial about how to wear and steam press dress shirts with rolled up sleeves... :lol:

KeNnY

when you have steel bracelet, it match with everything, if you have leather strap, you can match it with color of your shoes or / and belt. I usually don't care about it, I wear watches, because I like them how they look. But I have some watches for suit only or not suitable for suit ! :D

mrtepax
Is rolex really the "best" choice for everything?

yes, probably...excepting the gaytona...

gaytona-rolex-elton-john-edition.jpg

KeNnY
yes, probably...excepting the gaytona...

gaytona-rolex-elton-john-edition.jpg

You don't believe , but my mother want that watch ! :DDD

Member X

wtf LOL

Have a word with her ;)

A rep does exist of it though, SFA has pictures of it in Section 8! Search 'Gaytona' ;) (Just not with your mother in the room!)

PMSL @ robert too :rofl:

Personally I would never wear a black shirt in the first place as you look like a gangster ;):D but I'd choose watches dependant on occasion.

Wedding? White shirt, white Senator Sixties.

Funeral? White shirt, black Senator Sixties.

Another formal occasion with a blue shirt? Maybe the blue cerachrome Sub.

That said, I think the 2010 Explorer 1 would be good for literally any occasion, so go for a classic and simple rolex if you can only buy one watch - DJ, DD, black Sub (boring, but... ;)), Explorer 1, or go vintage sub for coolness :boobies3:

Choose a realistically priced one for safety - you might be able to explain away a Sub or DJ as being bought with an unexpected bonus from work 'the other year' but if you rock up with a vintage Comex Sub worth $100k as a gen and a watch geek starts asking questions, that could be more tricky... :lol:

mrtepax

DISCLAIMER:

what stated below is to be read at the reader's own risk. The author and/or the dealer does not assume any responsibility for facts that can occur as consequence... neither for someone's mother reaction :D

END OF DISCLAIMER

Narikaa sells gaytonas...I have joined the forum in april 2010 and still nobody had the gut to buy one. I guess it's not expensive, anyway. Narikaa also sells the "sparkling" GMT (Gays Making_out Together)

RXSGMT10-3CYPX-01.JPG

gB.
I see you guys with like 10 different watches, I'm sure you prefer one with certain dressing.

Life's too fooking short mate to have just one watch. Unless of course you like this one, then it may be best to save your money and stick with just one... :D

4cca06d4.jpg

Member X
Narikaa also sells the "sparkling" GMT (Gays Making_out Together)

RXSGMT10-3CYPX-01.JPG

I quite like that one... :unsure: lol

Mystery Shopper

Did I click the wrong button and end up in the Dad's Army Fashion show?

greg_r
Did I click the wrong button and end up in the Dad's Army Fashion show?

Yes.

:D

JoeyB

@ Robert, Well Done!!

We actually have a VIP member in good standing that can answer your fashion questions easily. Our very own AllergyDoc does coordinate his wardrobe with his watches, or vice-versa, and is likely the RWG bon vivant.  :D

cuscochris

Holy Fuckfest Batman - Has it come to coordinating watches with outfits !!

That is so gay ----- as long as it doesnt clash with your lipstick or handbag then you should be ok.

Seriously though. I would not be quite so GQ about these things

dingle

That is so gay ----- as long as it doesnt clash with your lipstick or handbag then you should be ok.

hello Chris. welcome to the nuthouse :D

gB.

;) :cheerleader2: