Sign in to follow this  
Birdie

21J Movement starts and stops

Birdie

Hi all,

I put this in the new members section as I feel that it's a bit of a newbie question. Even though I have been here a while.I have not ordered that many watches.

My first watch was the Silix Special PO and I also picked up the Submariner for the same price. (I have a higher grade model coming from WI).

I'm not expecting much for the price, so this is not a complaint about the cheapies.

The Sub I can push in the crown gently and unscrew, pull out one click, then set the date, then pull out two clicks, and set the time. Push the crown back in gently whilst screwing in, gentle shake and it runs.

The PO however I find that it stops after a few seconds. So I pull the crown back out to two clicks, then one click, then I push it in and let it gently spring out, wind it and away it goes for the day.

I've had a google on this issue and I understand that it's a cheap movement and some people have to do this. I just wanted to check if I was doing this right.

It's not the end of the world and I'm not looking to complain, or go back to the dealer.

I've also found this thread to understand the movements better.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6930

Thanks

Edited by Birdie

Dr Yan

Im not sure if i have your question right but these auto 21j movements do need to be wound. the automatic function only keeps em wound while on your wrist.

Birdie

Thanks That explains it. I've been wearing the Sub since it arrived and it must have already been wound enough and I've kept it going by wearing it. I thought that they were meant to start when you gave them a gentle twirl and then carry on from the movement and only wound with the crown if they didn't start. Silly me.

Dr Yan

Glad to help. Good luck with them and look forward to spending all your money ;)