Sign in to follow this  
CaptainFantastic

Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL GMT

CaptainFantastic

I got my hands on one of these and I've never been happier with an inexpensive and well made rep.

It seems that Chopard don't get as much love as the other brands and in some ways, they do make some questionable models, but I've always enjoyed looking at pics of the Mille Miglia range. Of them all, it seems the least popular is the GMT and as I love a good GMT I thought I'd try this one out.

imagejpg4_zps098542de.jpg

Purchased from MR at a very fair $128 + shipping I was very happy with the quality. Construction of the watch is solid and all held together tightly with an array of fiddly flathead screws, naturally I spent time ensuring they were all tight when I got it.

Front of the watch is really nice. Sapphire crystal with a sandwiched cyclops for the date. Large font 12 & 6 as is the norm with this range and thick hands. The GMT is short and kept to the centre of the face with a roughly sketched map of the world to reference time zones. GMT fully adjustable of course and for a 21J the seconds sweep very smoothly.

imagejpg1_zpscecb7581.jpg

The caseback is a work of art in my opinion and deserves as much credit as the face. The map of the Mille Miglia engraved with all of the markings of the gen.

imagejpg2_zpsbe54c741.jpg

It came on a rubber tyre tread strap, which I've read will deteriorate with time so I'll be replacing that. Unfortunately it's 23mm at the lugs so finding a strap could be tricky as it's an odd size. eBay will no doubt be coming to the rescue. Hopefully the deployant clasp will transfer over no problem.

imagejpg3_zps70813628.jpg

All in all it's a good time keeper, solid weighty watch and an eye catcher. Only thing missing is a bit of lume.

If you want a little something different, Chopard are amazing "bang for buck" and I'm sure this looks almost exactly the same as it's far more expensive genuine originator.

Kopcap

Great and beautifull watch !

i love GMT function on watches and this one is really good to look at (with the sketched map)

and caseback is nice too.

Enjoy it !

tomo

That's a stunner. Which TD is MR?

Stuvetjee

Stunner! Always adored the Chopard GTXL. Got one, but gave it to my little brother since i didnt wear it much. Maybe a i should get the GMT version :Thinking:

CaptainFantastic

Its a great addition that little GMT hand, and apart from the rubber strap, a great rep. I'll soon have it on a nice soft leather strap and hopefully wear it more.

You should definitely get hold of one.

Marvelous Replica

Genius

When you get it on the leather I would be interested in taking the rubber strap off your hands if you want to sell it?

Hazz

Marvellous Replica