Sign in to follow this  
Chief

RECEIVING YOUR NEW REP IN THE US

Chief

Just curious as I've overlooked reading up to better educate myself on this.

Have any of you US members ( or anywhere else for that matter) ever encountered a problem with customs?

If so, my next questions would be how recent, where was the item comming from and going to, by what method of shipping and what was the end result.

I apologize if these types of questions are considered inappropiate or offensive to anyone in any way. Just hunting some facts as I live by the motto that

"chance does indeed favor the prepared." Thanks.

and yes I did edit this damn thing FOUR times...my spelling really sucks this evening.

Edited by Chief

GC

I am US based, have ordered from several different dealers including WatchInt, PrestigeWatchCo & TimesShopNet

all with NO customs issues. I always opt for the EMS shipping method, more so because I have no patience, but also because I feel it is more secure regarding customs issues.

There are a few dealers that are US based, i.e. no customs involvement what so ever, they are WakoBirdKeeper & BK. WBK has a nice assortment of lower end typicaly 21j movt watches and BK has the higher end assortment with mods.

Hope that helps some

:)

Brightlight
Just curious as I've overlooked reading up to better educate myself on this.

Have any of you US members ( or anywhere else for that matter) ever encountered a problem with customs?

If so, my next questions would be how recent, where was the item comming from and going to, by what method of shipping and what was the end result.

I apologize if these types of questions are considered inappropiate or offensive to anyone in any way. Just hunting some facts as I live by the motto that

"chance does indeed favor the prepared." Thanks.

and yes I did edit this damn thing FOUR times...my spelling really sucks this evening.

Should be plenty turns up if you use the Search facility. The likelihood on having customs issues depends where you are plus how lucky you are times a random number less than one. There is no 'fact' as far as customs go and nothing you can prepare for.

It is incidentally a common question across all the fora, "My tracking shows in customs for x days, what should I do?"

KeNnY

Orologio how did you mean, that EMS is safer in question of customs issue ?

Brightlight
Orologio how did you mean, that EMS is safer in question of customs issue ?

I was wondering that. In the UK I find parcels by EMS, if they are declared more than the minimum allowed value, much more likely to be caught for tax than registered post. I would guess it varies greatly country to country.

Also GC doesn't even know how he is, how would he know about shipping :) (Sorry Orlogio, couldn't resist a dig at your personna confusion!)

madcatlancelot

I remember dingle having customs issue with his PAM243 that went through Miami customs, he never got to see his watch.

Otherwise, I've sent a few reps in CONUS via registered airmail, most of which passed through NY without any issues.

KeNnY

I think also, the registered airmail is the safest way to send reps. Unless the watches will be packed inside something very well, that customs will not know what hit them :)

Brightlight
I think also, the registered airmail is the safest way to send reps. Unless the watches will be packed inside something very well, that customs will not know what hit them :)

Customs use xray.

KeNnY
Customs use xray.

pack them in the foil you will :)

Brightlight
Customs use xray.

You think Customs officials are stupid?

Luthier
Customs use xray.

Then it will be seized for sure.

KeNnY

dunno :) that is why I don't understand why someone send items hidden in stuff. When they always xray items before they put them into plane. My brother had package, delivered by DHL, and he had call from the DHL and they were saying that in the package there are trousers, shirt and looks like a watch. But the package was not opened ! So they always know what is inside.. I think it only depends on the mod of the customs worker. I hear that in my country, they often don't care what is inside, because it is a lot of paper work (like writing 20 pages or what...)..

dingle
I remember dingle having customs issue with his PAM243 that went through Miami customs, he never got to see his watch.

Otherwise, I've sent a few reps in CONUS via registered airmail, most of which passed through NY without any issues.

you are correct MC. here is the link

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ic=4606&hl=

never had an issue going thru NYC as registered airmail....:P

Chief

In "to better prepare myself", I'm referring to that fact of "what to do" and how to know an issue has even occurred?

Does someone make an attempt to contact you regarding the package hold/seizure or are you simply made aware by the fact that tracking info states it's being held/delayed?? I suspect as with anything similar to this nature of "hobby" there are certain odds and it's just "the nature of the beast". I'm not overly concerned about this but I will admit I was curious. Thanks for the input, guys.

dingle
In "to better prepare myself", I'm referring to that fact of "what to do" and how to know an issue has even occurred?

Does someone make an attempt to contact you regarding the package hold/seizure or are you simply made aware by the fact that tracking info states it's being held/delayed?? I suspect as with anything similar to this nature of "hobby" there are certain odds and it's just "the nature of the beast". I'm not overly concerned about this but I will admit I was curious. Thanks for the input, guys.

Did you read my link? :)

AustinTech

Did you read my link? :huh:

Remember, Chief is from Arkansas.

:)

ooooooweeeeeeee!

arkansas_razorbacks.jpg

But there is always a bright side to living in the sticks!

Grrrr.jpg

OriginalUpload069.jpg

Chief

Born/raised in Detroit. USN BC in Chicago. Stationed in CA a few years, 2 Wes-Pacs and a World Tour. New Orleans/Baton Rouge for 22 years, in "the sticks" for 2 years as it's where my wife was born/raised. LOL...you betcha there are advantages !!!

Chief

Hate to admit I've even been to Georgia and the Carolinas a time or two.............ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh !

Did you read my link? :)

Indeed I did....thanks Ding.

dingle
Hate to admit I've even been to Georgia and the Carolinas a time or two.............ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh !

why?....don't like us Gawga suda-ners?

Chief

Wasn't there long enough to form an opinion.

dingle
Wasn't there long enough to form an opinion.

but yet you hate to admit it? :)

Chief
:) Was tryin' to be nice 1

tick tock

never had an issue going thru NYC as registered airmail....:)

Wow Ding, I just read the thread and I know its belated but my sympathies. Have you ordered a rep since?

dingle
:blink: Was tryin' to be nice 1

was just pulling your chain my friend. I did say this was the nuthouse right? :P

:beer2:

never had an issue going thru NYC as registered airmail....:Whistle:

Wow Ding, I just read the thread and I know its belated but my sympathies. Have you ordered a rep since?

Yes, several......:Whistle:

tick tock
:blink: Was tryin' to be nice 1

was just pulling your chain my friend. I did say this was the nuthouse right? :P

:beer2:

never had an issue going thru NYC as registered airmail....:Whistle:

Yes, several......:Whistle:

Good to hear!