Sign in to follow this  
muhnkee_2

Rose Gold Coloured Rolex replica - how long will the colour last

muhnkee_2

Hey folks,

I am a newbie to this kind of thing, but having browsed the forum for a few days now i would like to take the chance to thank all the posters who have already contributed their wisdom - its a great help to me!

I am looking for a Ladies Rolex for my wife, the one that she has her heart set on is this one from Timesshop.net

Rolex Ladies Rose Gold

It has a lot of Rose gold on it, and i just want to have realistic expectations about how long this Rose Gold will last - as i am presuming that it is only a coating and not solid rose gold.

What do you think?

Cheers and beers,

Greg

(the wandering Kiwi)

greg_r

Plating wears eventually, but it varies from person to person. Bracelets are always the first to go, but the two-tone models as per your link tend to survive rather better than the full gold versions in my experience.

It's hard to say - I had a two-tone Rolex DJ rep for about 5 years that really only started to look tatty towards the very end of that period, but I wasn't wearing it every day. If it's a watch that she's gonna be wearing as a daily 'beater', then going for stainless steel will ensure better durability.

Silverspeed

+1 what Greg said...

Also not all watches are plated in the same quality or thickness, I've had TT watches that were plated so thin that even by walking in the wind the gold plating would vanish...and on other watches the plating was thick enough to polish out scatches without the gold plating wearing off

NFleischer

DSC00161.jpg

My advice is to try to find a 'wrapped' version. They are alot better, no exposed ends of mid- links and

they last much longer. They usually sell them for men's but I'm not sure about ladies.

Here's a 14Kt. wrapped Sub I've had for several years w/o visible wear of the gold.

Good luck and welcome

SubFrog

I bought my brother a rose gold plated Patek about 2 years ago...and it's faded all around the case. However, he loved the watch so much that he wore it every day. So, yea, if you use it as a "daily beater", it will surely fade pretty quickly.

muhnkee_2

thanks for the advice guys, i will stay away from gold on the edges and go for for a rose gold face to the rolex.

your advice is really appreciated!

thanks a lot

Greg

:):sconey: :sconey: