Sign in to follow this  
Dav555

Whats the best TAG Carrera Calibre to buy - i can't decide..?

Dav555

Hi all,

I've been looking at several TAG Carrera's now and can't decide which to go and get so I thought I would come here and see what you all thought and maybe get some others to consider from a TD...

These are what I have looked at so far:-

Carrera Monaco Grad Prix Limited Edition

http://www.tagheuer.co.uk/int-en/luxury-watches/carrera/carrera-calibre-16-day-dateautomatic-chronographmonaco-grand-prix43-mm-anthracite-sunray-effect-rubber-bracelet

New Carrera Day/Date Ceramic

- This was suggested by someone else in another posts - see image here (sorry its a non-TD link:-

http://puretime-asia.com/product/carrera-calibre-1887-ss-11-best-edition-ceramic-bezel-gray-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750/

Tag Carrera - Standard one??

https://shop-uk.tagheuer.com/en/calibre-1887-automatic-chronograph-43-mm-car2a10-ba0799.html

Another version of Carrera Monaco Grand Prix (not Limited Edition???)

https://shop-uk.tagheuer.com/en/calibre-1887-automatic-chronograph-monaco-grand-prix-43-mm-car2a83-ft6033.html

Have you had any experiences with good or bad reps of these models?

Are there any other Carrera's similar to these worth considering? Are you able to provide any links to a TD website?

Thanks

Mark

FuzzyCoyote

Hey,

Not had any experience myself with this model, however my personal preference is the Monaco GP Ltd Edition.

In regards to the TD websites, nothing like taking the time and having a good look around.

Good luck.

G

Dav555

Which is the most common / classic Tag Carrera Calibre?

dfq23

I have the 41mm date only carrera racing. To me this was the archetypal tag carrera and a much better rep than the day dates plus cheaper.

It's currently with mickey being made even better with silver screws and eta date wheel so after that will be as close as possible to the gen without getting all franken

Dav555

I have the 41mm date only carrera racing. To me this was the archetypal tag carrera and a much better rep than the day dates plus cheaper.

It's currently with mickey being made even better with silver screws and eta date wheel so after that will be as close as possible to the gen without getting all franken

Do you have a link to one on a TD site that I could take a look at?

Dav555

Thanks for this but it wasn't a great help as I had already tried putting '41mm date only carrera racing' into google.

It brings many many different watches so I can't determine which dfp23 is referring to...

Any ideas?

Dav555

Is anyone willing to share and views or opinons on this watch that I am considering?

http://www.tswatchltd.com/14747-14747.html

Do you know if you can get an A7750 version?

Do all the dials works on the Quartz version?

CaptainFantastic

Calibre 16 Day Date in my opinion. One of the best made and nicest reps I've ever owned.

TK01

Another option ?

35903E44-D3EC-4BB4-9EF3-40FADF8BC1A3.jpg

27949800-38B0-4A4A-9DB8-FA5A2FB2FC43.jpg

1FB434CF-25CE-4279-B657-8169D919BC89.jpg

Dav555
Calibre 16 Day Date in my opinion. One of the best made and nicest reps I've ever owned.

Do you have a link to the you mention on a TD site?

Timekeeper1, nice. Do you have a link to one on a TD site?

Mark

Edited by Dav555

NFleischer

The older 43 mm. Day/Dates are great. The smaller 41mm. date is pretty nice and quite cheap- about $240. ( I actually have a black

rep and a gen brown, but I'm in the advanced stage of this collecting disease)

I've never seen the new ceramic version, but they look quite good. Many good Tag reps including Aquaracer & Link series. I'm not a fan of the

square one like the Monaco- but to each his own.

Dav555

Guys,

I've been looking at this watch largely because its my 1st purchase of a rep and didn't want to go straight into a $330 watch as 1st purchase - maybe I will when I get the bug.

http://www.tswatchltd.com/14747-14747.html

Are any of you able to advise or inform me of anything that I should be aware of with a purchase of this value?

Alternatively, I was looking at this one at $328:-

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/mrwatch/albums/6025198/

What's your opinion? Should I go for the more expensive or cheaper rep?

What is bad about the cheaper version?

Please before you say just keep reading, I have been reading lots over the last 10 days but do find myself going round in circles so I thought I would put the 2 out on the table that I am considering and ask your advice...

Thanks in advance..

CaptainFantastic

Cheaper one will have sub dials closer together due to it's quartz movement. The 328 one will be the best option for you. I had one of those and it was amazing, and MR is a fantastic dealer.

Dav555
Cheaper one will have sub dials closer together due to it's quartz movement. The 328 one will be the best option for you. I had one of those and it was amazing, and MR is a fantastic dealer.

Thanks for the feedback.

Is the $328 one still a current tag model that is available as a gen purchase as I thought the day date ones were older than the date ones, however I do really like the look of this one.

Ok so I may go for the more expensive one but before I do are there any other links to this genuine actual model that I could take a closer look at to make me 100% sure I like it.

I would search myself but I am unsure what the official model is called?

CaptainFantastic

I'm pretty sure you can still buy them, but I honestly haven't looked. Even if the model in question isn't available, there's newer versions of the same watch. The Monaco Grand Prix version for example is almost exactly the same with minor design differences.

I believe the model number is CV2A10. But if you ask an AD about a Carrera Calibre 16 Day/Date they'll know exactly what you mean. My main problem was this watch was too bulky for my small wrist, if you're ok to wear a 45mm watch you'll be head over heals for this thing.