Sign in to follow this  
digger2

Ploprof V1 crystal removal howto

digger2

Hi!

Anyone willing to share their methods of removing the bezel/crystal on the Ploprof V1?

The gap under the bezel is 0,15 mm I have no idea of how to remove it.

The reason for doing this operation is that I want to try to seal the crystal before it delaminates.

sfa437

Broke several tools trying to get bezel off. Consider it permanent.

You don't need to remove bezel to remove crystal.

Decase movement and get a 1" wooden dowel. Place the case crystal side down on your leg. Insert dowel thru back of case against crystal and tap with hammer. Took a good bit of force to get mine out.

Going to need a press to get it back in though.

toddy2

I've just ordered a V1, what's the issues with the crystal and should I be worried, or just treat it with care and keep it dry.

digger2
Broke several tools trying to get bezel off. Consider it permanent.

You don't need to remove bezel to remove crystal.

Decase movement and get a 1" wooden dowel. Place the case crystal side down on your leg. Insert dowel thru back of case against crystal and tap with hammer. Took a good bit of force to get mine out.

Going to need a press to get it back in though.

Thank's!

I see what you mean, I had a suspision that it was possible to push it out without removing the bezel. 10 minutes ago I destroyed my crystal press trying to pop it out, really hard fit.

Ahhhh maybe I will just move my 2836-2 clone into a V2 when the price drops, the V2 seems so much better. Will receive a WP tester next week, maybe it will go down and into delamination so I don't have to think about this anymore.

digger2
I've just ordered a V1, what's the issues with the crystal and should I be worried, or just treat it with care and keep it dry.

Hi toddy!

If you search in the forums you will find a lot of information about it. I think keeping it dry is one way to go :-)

toddy2

Hi toddy!

If you search in the forums you will find a lot of information about it. I think keeping it dry is one way to go :-)

Cheers, so if its left dry it should be ok? I'll save it for sunny days!

marinamm20

no not even left dry will keep it from de-lam.

my secound one was de-lam out of the package :-(

toddy2

Anyone know of a source of a one piece crystal?