Sign in to follow this  
snakeDR27

How Smooth is the Asian Eta 2813, 21J

snakeDR27

How Smooth is the Asian Eta 2813, 21J

wez

21j is in standard lower quality reps, they do have a decent sweep but upon inspection it there are a few noticeable "ticks" or "jumps" whatever you want to call it, also the ticks are much more audible on the 21j watches! Eta 2813 is smooth as butter on most watches and is found on most higher quality reps! Hope that helps :)

Flauspid

There are no 'ETA 2813'. 21J have a lot of variants (including DG2813) and are usually use for reducing the cost of rep. They run at 6beat per sec and but so does some high end gens. They are not as good as the ETA clones but they are cheap to replace.

ETA clones are Asian 2824 / 2836 / 2892 / 7750. They run are 8 beats per sec.

zufir

2824,2836 is where the aweep is smooth as butter. The 2813 is 21j and has a jumpy sweep and isn't quite smooth. if you are on a tight budget, I'd sudgest you get the 4813 as it's smoother than the 2813 but still has its hicups

gbx

You'll find a lot of conflicting information on this movement. My experience, with the ONE that I bought... it's more jerky/twitchy than the 2836-2 Asian. It also doesn't keep as good of time despite the TD's calibration. I have to change the time a few minutes every other day or so on the 2813. The 2836 can go for several days before it needs a micro-adjustment of time.

YMMV. If it's your first... hit the 2813 and see if you like the watch. repurchase the 2836-2 to get a little more serious

SSTEEL

The 2813 is as rough as the bottom of a budgie cage.

Daywatch

The 2813 are quite reliable, hackable and keep more or less good time. The rotor spins and spins and spins when You shake or move the wrist (unlike gen-feeling and unlike the Asian ETA) Price-level is good and when its $100 cheaper it may be worth the while. Best is to get one 2813 and one Asian ETA and try for Yourself - so that´s 2 watches for starters and saves on shipping:)

Fat Panda

TK01

2813 nice and smoothe :)

Fat Panda

I was researching this today and came across this. According to this thread, 21J is mistaken, it's 22J.

http://www.replica-w...ead.php?t=29510

DG2813 is a low beat 21.6

DG4813 is the hi beat 28.8

TK01

But I would say 2836 little better,

More smoother .

ssouthall6

For low beat movements in my experience the dg2813 is better than the miyota 8215 and worse than the seagull st17, each by a small fraction.

The eta movements are noticeably smoother.