Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

7,000 Euro watch on RG...

sconehead
:)

onzenuub

Can someone tell me what is so special @ that ugly Panerai?

JoeyB

When you find out, Onze, let me know too.

R2D4

To be clear, that is 7,000 Euros right? That's like 8911 USD. Insane. Speechless. (That doesn't happen often with me, the speechless part. :))

RolexAddict

On hold...

on hold my ass,

not to under estimate members but I cannot figure a rep forum member placing 7000 euros in a so ugly object, this watch looks the same as a basic moded cheap Panerai,

Great collectors and very fine watches owners don't try to sell on rep forums. Especially repgeek, rwi and the other rgw who are navel-gazer and poser forums

radioguy

I'm banned so I can't see pics. Do you mind linking to the pics? :)

Is PBDAD selling it? He's probably priced it as:

$200 watch

$1000 to open the box the watch came in

$1000 to resize the band on the watch

$2000 to replace the crown

$1000 to put band back on the watch

$1000 for shipping

AllergyDoc

pupifale

MM3646no1.jpg

andygt

I wonder if the people who wear these also wear genuine clothes from the 1940s complete with authentic rips and piss stains.

Luthier

The PRICE, Onze...

andygt

Wonder why he's now added another watch into the bargain if it's on hold...

Do those movements really cost as much as they reckon in that thread? my bullshit detecter is twitching...

ThinkBachs
Untitled-1-1.jpg Edited by ThinkBachs

prestigewatchco

Jesus I woiuldn't want 7 fucking euro in that let alone 7000. It's a fucking fake old watch how can it be worth 7k?

Member X

I know the movement's worth a lot to old watch geeks, but this 'vintage' look seems to be a licence to print money...

Brightlight

I love the way the decoration on the two bridges goes in different directions. This alone is worth the $7k. :popcorn:

Baldrick

Yeah, Cote de Geneve striping and A BARGAIN AT ONLY 7000 Euros, Yaweh certainly did make a lot of stupid people and directed them to these fora, on hold for which particular arsehole ? :thumbsup2:

Silverspeed

You'd think that someone paying €7.000,- for any watch would have at least half a brain....

if this get's sold for anywhere near that amount...it'll prove that that's not the case

trailboss99
Especially repgeek, rwi and the other rgw who are navel-gazer and poser forums

Um mate, are you forgetting who runs RWI? :thumbsup2:

Not only that but that is my 2IC who posted directly above you.

Col.

Wiz

There are 2 things I don't understand, so if anyone can ever give me an explaination....

1- What's so special about this watch?? Angelus movements can be found in travel clocks in about any bric-à-brac trades near the swiss border.

2- Why do modders "vintagize" watches (especially hands) like it have been sleeping in a dirty pound for years...?

trailboss99

Can someone explain to me why an 3646 Angelus is appparantly worth , and I quote one of the VDB mutual admiration society here, "five or six grand"? Huh? Why?

Col.

Brightlight
Can someone explain to me why an 3646 Angelus is appparantly worth , and I quote one of the VDB mutual admiration society here, "five or six grand"? Huh? Why?

Col.

Because they are basically the same movement with 8 day power reserve that Panerai used way back. And while there are idiots prepared to outbid each other for such pieces, the price will continue to climb.

99.99% of people won't know what it is other than it's a beat up old watch. The 0.01% who do recognise it will know the gens go for $100K up so you'd better be a really high roller if you want to fool anyone.

The crazy thing for me is paying this much for what is still, however well done, just a rep. But that's just me.

sconehead

+1 BL...that VDB must be a rich cat selling these fakes at those prices, admittedly they look well done...I think I upset him once by saying 'nice looking rep' in a thread on one of the boards a while ago... everything he made was worshiped by fanboi's there... :thumbsup2:

Brightlight
+1 BL...that VDB must be a rich cat selling these fakes at those prices, admittedly they look well done...I think I upset him once by saying 'nice looking rep' in a thread on one of the boards a while ago... everything he made was worshiped by fanboi's there... :)

I'm surprised he gets away with it to be honest, his business is quite open and I would have thought Panerai would have been sending the men in black round.....

He does good work, no doubt, but like pbdad on RG, who also does good work, is the end result worth the asking price? Clearly as long as people are willing to pay it is. I sort of get the vintage vibe but not $7k worth of it :thumbsup2:

Just noticed it's €7K not dollars

sconehead

I'm currently into vintage Pams, it's apparently one part of the stages involved in rep collecting contained in a thread somewhere...

Now the parts don't come that cheap, Molly movements do but Corteberts etc. don't. Also custom dials, handsets, cg's all come at a premium due to being custom made.

However, to me at least, it's worth the outlay because you are building something from scratch yourself. Even with the costs involved a build will cost a fraction of one of these 'masterpieces' and the satisfaction gained makes it all worthwhile.

If I ever toss any of these watches on, I would do so at a fair price. These forums were made for sharing knowledge, helping each other and providing services at fair/reasonable prices.

Not for extorting as much cash as possible from members, which sadly we see happening more and more on the boards these days...

...maybe I should take these rose-tints off...:thumbsup2: