Sign in to follow this  
pfcdre

my seiko pogue watch

pfcdre

hi all, my mum recently gifted me my step dads Seiko[ he passed away 5 years ago] it was in a sorry state, broken crystal, dial was dusty, polished parts were scratched, so I ordered a new glass and set about cleaning and polishing the bits that were originally polished, I have not touched the movement and it keeps great time, this is circa 1971. I will get it serviced when spare funds allow. A little history on the watch for those that don't know, this watch was the first automatic watch worn in space, worn by colonel[i think] Pogue on a skylab mission, he wore his Seiko on the left wrist and his standard issue speedmaster on his right wrist, he said he timed any burns using the Seiko, anyway its all available online to check out, heres a couple of pics

20140401_122715.jpg

20140401_122629.jpg

matthiassalzburg

Great watch. I had my 72 restored by Ken Setser at About Time. It's a shame there are a bunch of cheap slapped together Pogues on ebay. I got a bunch of broken watches on ebay and had Ken put together one good original one. Keeps pretty good time as well.

2014_06_18_10_37_23.jpg