Sign in to follow this  
jayjaejai

My first rep

jayjaejai

Hello guys

I just received my first rep (it's a manual wound IWC). Everything looks fine but it is very loud. Is this normal?

Thanks!!

Conex

Welcome to the forum, first off. Secondly, pictures please and thirdly, yes its quite common. Its most likely rotor noise.

Tits McGee
:ttiwwop: :ttiwwop: :ttiwwop:

D_Chico

Pics pics pics pics pics!

CaptainFantastic

I have a manual wind 6263 Rolex and yes, they run loud. Let's have some pics of this beauty.

narikaa

Manual wound with rotor noise = haunted watch

SSTEEL

Thats what I was about to say Reg lol

:blind:

Left Coast Guy

If its the IWC Big Pilot, then yes, the rotor noise is totally normal for that model. The rotor on that watch is oversized to match the gen, but the rep movement is a fairly small, so the combo creates a noise rotor.

Hornet

Hello guys

I just received my first rep (it's a manual wound IWC). Everything looks fine but it is very loud. Is this normal?

Thanks!!

What sort of sound is it making? And when does it make the noise? This might help in diagnosing the issue.....

higginsd

Possibly it is ticking?!? If it is his first mechanic watch he may not be familiar with that... :giggle:

Hornet

Possibly it is ticking?!? If it is his first mechanic watch he may not be familiar with that... :giggle:

I was resisting the temptation to ask that......

.......this is another of these endless threads where there is a post and then nothing ever else follows, its like having fucking ghosts on here.

jayjaejai

Thanks for the input. I was driving and was not able to reply.

I am still out and will take the photo once I go home.

This IS my first mechanical watch I do rrealize the sound is from the movement (dunno what the exact piece is called but it's like the fork looking thing, escapement? ????) I just didn't it would be this loud. My friend has a Breitling navitimer (gen) and even when I put my ear right by the watch I dont heat anything. As forine, i hear the constant click from miles away...

Daywatch

if it´s more than 10 cm away from the ear You shouldn´t hear anything, unless it is a ticking quartz that ticks once a second. The autos click/tick much faster than that and more silent.

JSJ
Manual wound with rotor noise = haunted watch

:rofl: :rofl:

JSJ

I have an IWC FA Jones with a manual 6497 and its ticking is very loud compared with anything other mechanical watch.

jayjaejai

I can hear like 5 clicks per second even when i am driving with music on.. not exaggerating..

JSJ

This thread is useless with a sound recording :giggle:

CaptainFantastic

My wife claims to be able to hear all of my watches ticking, even my skagen, and that doesn't tick I'm sure of it....

Maybe you have the same super human abilities as her and it's gone un-noticed until this time.

simey83
:ttiwwop: