Sign in to follow this  
JCFans

PAM505 Perfect Clones

JCFans

So I have made the jump and purchased this one from Josh. A reminder you have to click on the link once to log your IP and then click on the link again. I will review after I received it. It left China 2 days ago.

http://www.p-cls.com/pn505o01-505o-composite-1950-days-dlcle-brown-p-14670.html

Any thoughts?

Any previous buyers from Josh?

Any previous buyers from other makers and how do they compare?

Final question: any review of the pear wood Panerai box? I would like to purchase one but would like to read a detailed review first (preferably with pics).

Conex

I buy from Josh all the time. Buy with confidence. Top draw.

Left Coast Guy

If you go to TSWatches member section and search for the PAM505, I think you'll see ALE did a write-up of the two versions out there. TSWatch marketed their ZFac version, while this version looks like the KW factory version. The main difference is that the ZFac version is titanium with DLC coating so its a lot lighter than the stainless steel and closer to the feel of the gen (ceramic). Either way, its a beautiful watch. I've got the Zfac version and love it.

JCFans

Thanks, guys! Any reviews on the box?

mysterio

The box, as it looks on Josh's website, is inaccurate. The plate with the FIRENZE 1860 is a giveaway as it's not correct for the PAM505 (it's an O series, the plate should not have this print). The FIRENZE 1860 was only found on boxes for some E-series PAMs and earlier.

D_Chico

I buy from Josh all the time! He's definitely my favorite.. I've used marvellous and toro as well but Josh is just a personal favorite.. Nice choice with the Pam! Keep us posted on how it goes! Just a heads up a few people including myself have recently used a credit card with Josh and the stupid company he uses to run them are shaddy bastards! They like to overcharge and play stupid and then only give the agreed amount to josh and keep the overage.. Plus they clone cards to make fraudulent purchases later!..but PLEASE don't think it has to do with Josh!! It does Not! To my knowledge its being looked into by josh about that company..it's just a friendly heads up! Use PayPal or Western Union online! Much safer..that's what I usually do but for some reason that time I didn't and got screwed..read the posts about it from a few days ago..so far it's happened to about 4 or 5 people recently..luckily I got my money back from my bank but others are still working on it..

I just made another purchase with Josh earlier today for another Breitling and used Western Union online.. It went very smooth and no issues this time! Lol..keep an eye out for the pics when it comes in!

Good luck! And keep us posted!

Edited by d_chico27

mysterio

I buy from Josh all the time! He's definitely my favorite.. I've used marvellous and toro as well but Josh is just a personal favorite.. Nice choice with the Pam! Keep us posted on how it goes! Just a heads up a few people including myself have recently used a credit card with Josh and the stupid company he uses to run them are shaddy bastards! They like to overcharge and play stupid and then only give the agreed amount to josh and keep the overage.. Plus they clone cards to make fraudulent purchases later!..but PLEASE don't think it has to do with Josh!! It does Not! To my knowledge its being looked into by josh about that company..it's just a friendly heads up! Use PayPal or Western Union online! Much safer..that's what I usually do but for some reason that time I didn't and got screwed..read the posts about it from a few days ago..so far it's happened to about 4 or 5 people recently..luckily I got my money back from my bank but others are still working on it..

I just made another purchase with Josh earlier today for another Breitling and used Western Union online.. It went very smooth and no issues this time! Lol..keep an eye out for the pics when it comes in!

Good luck! And keep us posted!

I don't see the point of this post having anything to do with the PAM505 nor the quality of the watch box. Purely a review of Josh, which isn't the proper forum for it (although you already posted there).

JCFans

The box, as it looks on Josh's website, is inaccurate. The plate with the FIRENZE 1860 is a giveaway as it's not correct for the PAM505 (it's an O series, the plate should not have this print). The FIRENZE 1860 was only found on boxes for some E-series PAMs and earlier.

Thanks, mysterio. I'm looking for a box for my 332L and the new incoming 505O. Any recommendations?

The 505O is in transit and just landed in Vancouver. I'm brimming with excitement!

plankton

Good to go!!! Josh will do you right IMO!

Starre71

Is this 505 version from Josh different from both the KW and zFac versions?

ALE7575

The link of PClones catalogues makes a mistake. I think from the beginning

The watch on the pics is a KW PAM 505 V1 fitted with a seagull movement ST 2555. But in the description of the product is fitted with A7750 which is not at all the movement showed in the pics

As above said it is like that from the beginning

KW changed the movement to A7750 in the KW PAM 505 V2

I think KW V1 is out of stock and then you will receive a KW PAM 505 V2 fitted with A7750

KW V1 and V2 are superior to ZFac, mainly in appearance, because ZFac has an ugly white contour around the front crystal and dial inscriptions are worse.

Read about these watches the comparison review:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showuser=9779

ALE

Starre71

Does Josh also sell KW versions? Or is Kurvasit the only one selling them?

JCFans

Hi guys, I also need clarification since Josh's website is either not updated or incorrect. Josh is now offering two types of 505O.

Type A posted on Jul 2013 $348

http://www.p-cls.com/pn505o01-505o-composite-1950-days-dlcle-brown-p-14670.html

Type B posted on Jun 2014 $298

http://www.p-cls.com/pn505o02-505o-composite-1950-days-dlcle-brown-p-15826.html

Which one is KW and which one is ZFac? Or are they neither? I have been reading ALE's guide and one of the primary giveaways is that:

• KW's false escapement wheel is at 11 because of the A7750 movement and,
  • ZFac's false escapement wheel is at 7 due to the ST2555 movement.

Any thoughts?

Ishmael

I buy from Josh all the time. Buy with confidence. Top draw.

+1

Josh has a lot of my money.

ALE7575

Again there are some misunderstanding here about this matter

I will try to clarify the situation

June 2013- KW released KW PAM505 V1 made of SS+DLC coating and fitted with decorated Seagull 21600 bph. This version had some problems in lug bars fixations

Octobre 2013- KW released KW PAM505 V2 made of SS+DLC coating and fitted with decorated A7750l 28800 bph. This version had lareadt corrected the problems in lug bars fixations

December 2013- ZFac released (promoted by TSWatches) a PAM 505 made of Titanium+DLC coating and fitted with decorated A7750. This was a version more accurate in weight but witha little white halo in crystal contour

June 2014- KW returns to decorated Seagull and releases a KW PAM 505 V2-Seagull made of SS+DLC coating but fitted again with decorated Seagull 21600bph. The case remain the same as in last V2 version

Your first p-clones link is for a KW PAm 505 V1 (OUT of Stock) and your second link is for a KW PAM 505 V2-Seagull. Curiously this new version is cheaper than old one and better IMO. These are the profits of hard competition

This last V2-Seagull release is already included in PAM GUIDE and you will be able to follow, with links, pics and explanations above mentioned evolution

Due to there are several versions in few time and catalogues are not always corrected, I recommend you to consult the dealer about the real version available, and the movement. Be careful also with QC pics and compare the pics with the pics included in PAM GUIDE

I hope all is clear now

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

JCFans

Hi ALE,

Thank you for clarifying! Although I believe that the first p-clones link is KW v2 A7750 that was released in Oct 2013. I just purchased this one and can confirm the A7750 movement with the escapement wheel at the 11th hour.

What do you think?

Thank you.

ALE7575

The pics in PC first link are clearly Seagull and it is V1

But as commented in my post, many times dealers don't change the pics and specifications an are selling other versions, even PC catalogue makes a mistake saying A7750 from the beginning whereas the pics are clearly Seagull (see Balance wheel @6) and from introduction date it was V1

Anyway I'm completely sure that last sales 2014 from PC of this watch were V2 with A7750, like yours

Due to that I was recommending you ask dealers for the real version they are selling at the moment of the purchase

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

JCFans

The pics in PC first link are clearly Seagull and the it is V1

But as commented in my post, many times dealers don't change the pics and specifications an are selling other versions, even PC catalogue makes a mistake saying A7750 from the beginning whereas the pics are clearly Seagull (see Balance wheel @6) and from introduction date it was V1

Anyway I'm completely sure that last sales 2014 from PC of this watch were V2 with A7750, like yours

Due to that I was recommending you ask dealers for the real version they are selling at the moment of the purchase

ALE

Hi ALE, can I pick your brain as to why the ST2555 version is better over the A7750? I have been researching on this for a while as well but I wanted to get your personal opinion since you are Panerai god.

Let me know. Thank you.

ALE7575

This is not a PAM matter

ST2555 has the balance wheel in a more accurate position @6 than A7750 @11, since the gen has BW @7

On the other hand ST2555 is more simple and more reliable than A7750.

The rest of the watch is the same

ALE

D_Chico

Mysterio:

He asked "any buyers from josh" I just wanted to give a friendly heads up..I assumed there would be interest in that situation seeing how it had to do with josh..I would just really hate to see someone post something similar like what happened with me and those other people! No harm in spreading the word so it won't continue to happen..just want to help that's all! That's what we're all here for us to share experiences so we can have better judgment of what to do and what not to do!..

Edited by d_chico27

JCFans

This is not a PAM matter

ST2555 has the balance wheel in a more accurate position @6 than A7750 @11, since the gen has BW @7

ALE

ALE, thank you. What I wanted to know is if there's any bad things about Seagull over Asian. For example, in my research it says Seagull is more noisy. Can this be quantified? Slightly more noisy or noticeably noisier?

Any other things I should know? Thank you.

mysterio

This is not a PAM matter

ALE

ALE, thank you. What I wanted to know is if there's any bad things about Seagull over Asian. For example, in my research it says Seagull is more noisy. Can this be quantified? Slightly more noisy or noticeably noisier?

I have the Seagull ST2555 on my PAM388. It's silent. At the very least, the sound level is lower than on the noisiest A7750 I've ever owned.

JCFans

This is not a PAM matter

ALE

I have the Seagull ST2555 on my PAM388. It's silent. At the very least, the sound level is lower than on the noisiest A7750 I've ever owned.

Thanks! I just purchased the Seagull version for $50 cheaper.

ALE7575

I would say Seagull is noisy but not bothering

A7750 comes from a little less noisy than Seagull to much noisier than Seagull, (it is hit and miss)

Buy the cheaper Seagull like you are saying

ALE

Rubengto

I bought mime 2 weeks ago at kurvasit it is a beaty!!!