Sign in to follow this  
yippykayay2121

Which Daytona is the most popular? please post your pic and share some thoughts

StormyNight

I have a rep collection that would be worth in excess of other £500k if they were real. I'm not *that* rich ;)

So I'll happily wear a Daytona and no give a hoot what people assume.

Aznsnplayboy
IMG_20140613_063456_zpshkwi0pcx.jpg

Conex

I have a rep collection that would be worth in excess of other £500k if they were real. I'm not *that* rich ;)

The funny thing is when people ask and I tell them it's a replica, they always want to have a look and are amazed that it is not genuine.

Pseudonym

The funny thing is when people ask and I tell them it's a replica, they always want to have a look and are amazed that it is not genuine.

This....

Quickly followed by; "where can I get one?"

yjejuhen.jpg

digger2

I fell for the newly released 6265 full gold with black subdials and bezel, (A Venus 75) and ordered it from Toro today.

Ishmael
I fell for the newly released 6265 full gold with black subdials and bezel, (A Venus 75) and ordered it from Toro today.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's a black bezel, isn't it a 6263/9, and the metal bezel is a 6265?

Conex

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's a black bezel, isn't it a 6263/9, and the metal bezel is a 6265?

The reference numbers are all over the place on those Vintage Daytona reps. Most are incorrect. I bought 7 x 6263s but only two were actually 6263s. The others were 6239 x 2, 6241, 6262, 6265 and a 6263.....(is probably the geekiest and most boring statement I have ever made lol)

Aznsnplayboy

The reference numbers are all over the place on those Vintage Daytona reps. Most are incorrect. I bought 7 x 6263s but only two were actually 6263s. The others were 6239 x 2, 6241, 6262, 6265 and a 6263.....(is probably the geekiest and most boring statement I have ever made lol)

Nerd! lol...

Conex

Nerd! lol...

It's like you've known me my whole life lol ;)

digger2

I have no idea, not so into model numbers, just took the number from PC website ad.

StormyNight

Yep.

Conex

I have no idea, not so into model numbers, just took the number from PC website ad.

Nothing wrong with that my friend. I only got into the different models through a lot of research, and then more research. Its not really that important.

Robin195959
I like vintage models too but don't you think they are screaming for fakes considering rarity and price tag of real ones?

I think this is hilarious. No offense but the price difference between a low end 6263 Daytona and a carbon fc ap diver is less than 10k.

Doesn't seem to stop everyone on the forum snapping these up and wearing them as daily beaters!

Haha

+1

Jewbacca1929

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a Daytona for myself and there are so many of them, would you guys share some of your Daytona pics on here to give me some ideas what ppl have so I have an idea what others into. thanks

I actually have an authentic black face and stainless that is this year's model. According to my jeweler (whom I trust), most dealers get one or two of the stainless/black a year because they are in the most demand.

Robin195959

This is most popular with me. 6241

F747D816-0E44-4B99-8209-F2A03B9C3C59_zpsdnfoypxm.jpg

Robin195959

This is most popular with me

CD37F8F3-524B-4AAF-B419-BF6176ABB15E_zpszrs6od4k.jpg

vapplebomb

I was so close (one click away) from getting a Daytona rose gold / black dial / rose gold subdials. But before that click I was struggling back and forth on whether should I get one with sec@6 A7750 (claimed improved 29j) movement. Well everyone's comment has been very consistent. A7750 is a time bomb and YMMV. Then I found another TD from another forum selling tonas (sec@6) claiming with Swiss Valjoux 7750 Movement...Better quality or not? Bite? not bite? Still struggling...lol

digger2
I was so close (one click away) from getting a Daytona rose gold / black dial / rose gold subdials. But before that click I was struggling back and forth on whether should I get one with sec@6 A7750 (claimed improved 29j) movement. Well everyone's comment has been very consistent. A7750 is a time bomb and YMMV. Then I found another TD from another forum selling tonas (sec@6) claiming with Swiss Valjoux 7750 Movement...Better quality or not? Bite? not bite? Still struggling...lol

If you get a swiss there is no problem but the movement alone costs like 450 USD so be aware...

CaptainFantastic

I have a Paul Newman dial vintage Rolex. Really nice on the wrist and as it's small, it doesn't scream money. Not many people notice it really. If they do they're usually rep collectors or pompous dickwads, the latter I try to avoid for obvious reasons.

image_zps2b601286.jpg

Ishmael

Are you CONUS? Because I still have a rose gold Daytona/black dial/rose gold sub dials available for $75. It's not the A7750 time bomb, it's just a regular 21j. I'd really prefer to sell CONUS for such a cheap piece, so let me know!

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=79274

N.Rico

6263 for me...

Mix up the strap/bracelet every now and then..

IMG_20140609_110551.jpg

IMG_20140602_202818.jpg

:wub:

Daywatch

6265 handwound&reliable gold ´tona with the black bezel ring and secs at 9. Take a look at the recent vintage thread, in a months time these will be all over the place:)

digger2

Anyone that know how to adjust the bracelet (remove links) on the "riveted" bracelets like this?

rivet_zps7ab81cbc.jpg

vapplebomb

If you get a swiss there is no problem but the movement alone costs like 450 USD so be aware...

Thanks for the heads up!

Since my last post I have decided to go for the 21J frozen@12 version since I don't really use the chrono for timimg at all...it's available from the RG site from time to time and so far I have already bought 3. Got to stop myself for awhile...banging my head to the wall...lol

K.mike338

Nalonrico can you please tell me where you got that 6263?