Sign in to follow this  
joshua1980

Bay Area Replica?

joshua1980

Hello all,

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I have recently moved from Los Angeles to the Bay Area. I used to have a fairly reputable replica watch dealer in LA downtown in the fashion district. I prefer to buy them first hand so I can inspect the quality and compare prices before I buy. The problem is, Here in the Bay area I am having trouble finding an area similar to Santee Alley in LA here in The Bay Area??? Can anyone recommend a place to go in or around Oakland CA??

AllergyDoc

I don't recommend you go into Oakland at all, unless you absolutely have to.

BK lives in the East Bay but you have to wait for his watches. And pre-pay.

joshua1980

Ha Ha yeah Oakland is pretty bad......But being from LA not much scares me anymore

Luthier
Ha Ha yeah Oakland is pretty bad......But being from LA not much scares me anymore

In L.A. I'm OK with AK-47, in Oakland you need .50 caliber.

:D

Why you moved? Death wish?

joshua1980

Haha yeah I guess. I think it has a bad reputation. Not all of Oakland is terrible, in fact, Richmond is worse from what I hear, again it depends on were you go. I wouldn't go to Compton, but Downtown LA is ok if you don't look like a tourist. Same with Oakland, East Oakland is like Vietnam but the rest of Oakland is ok.

Anyhow, all fear aside, I am still looking for a wholesale or fashion district in Oakland or SF where I can buy nice reps in person so If anyone can help, much appreciation.

Tried goole/bing etc......nothing.

I moved up here because the pot is cheaper and better quality......also to hunt P.Cyan Magic mushrooms...They grow wild up here.

Edited by joshua1980

Luthier

I don't think you can buy any nice reps in any Fashion District, they all are cheapies and bad quality. Why don't use our dealers? Plenty of great watches, affordable, and no problems with Custom.

joshua1980
I don't think you can buy any nice reps in any Fashion District, they all are cheapies and bad quality. Why don't use our dealers? Plenty of great watches, affordable, and no problems with Custom.

To the contrary, I bought a rep Omega Seamaster In Santee Alley, Downtown LA (Fashion District). 7 years ago. I wore it everyday until last year. It was GREAT quality. I have bought SEVERAL reps there since, all stellar quality. The reason I do not buy online is so that I can inspect the watch for flaws in person, check the movement, etc. I am pretty good at spotting bad fakes as oppose to well made replicas.

Online however, you have to trust the sellers reputation and cannot visually inspect the watch. Also, having visited most of the sites that sell replicas, I have found that with shipping etc. They cost about 100$-150$ more than if you buy them on the street....For the EXACT same watch.

Member X

I suggest you look around at what is available - some of the stuff reviewed and advertised by the dealers on here is ridiculously good value and I doubt you would ever find it on the street for cheaper, if at all :D

Also, all the dealers on here are here because they are good - there are no cheap tat sellers here.

TAGster

Hi Joshua,

Unfortunately I do not have an answer for your original question, since I do not know the Oakland area very well, but just guessing: since you´re kind of close to SF, why not give a try at the China Town area?. Personally I´ve never seen any reps being sold at the street there, but I know there is a lot of chinese merchandise. So maybe if you make a kind of scouting to China Town you would be able to find something.

On the other hand, I would have to agree with the suggestion of buying on-line from our trusted dealers. In my own experience all the reps I´ve ordered from three different dealers are great quality, always smooth transactions and zero issues with customs (I live in the Orange County by the way). I can´t tell you how the reps from our dealer compare vs. the ones you´ve got from the Fashion District because I´ve never seen those, but believe me, I honestly tell you the reps from the trusted dealers are great quality and eventhough you can´t phisically inspect them, you can always ask the dealers to send you as many photos as you need before buying, just to see the watch you will be receiving in the event you decide to buy it.

And finally, just being curious: where is located that alley at Fashion District?. I´ve been at the "alleys" a couple of times but never saw any rep watch being sold there.

Cheers!!

Luthier

Joshua, you'll never find anything decent in this Alley in L.A., I know practically all dealers there, all they sell is 21j cheapies, not even once I saw the replica with ETA or A7750. 50% of their watches are fantasy models. They know nothing about watches. Some of our trusted dealers provide excellent QC, so, we have no any problems. If you have pictures of the watches you bought in downtown L.A., please, post it.

pollux1

Hi Joshua, great to have you here mate! Post a pic or two of the watch/es you have and I'm sure one or two of us will guide you in the right direction mate. B)

joshua1980
Hi Joshua,

Unfortunately I do not have an answer for your original question, since I do not know the Oakland area very well, but just guessing: since you´re kind of close to SF, why not give a try at the China Town area?. Personally I´ve never seen any reps being sold at the street there, but I know there is a lot of chinese merchandise. So maybe if you make a kind of scouting to China Town you would be able to find something.

On the other hand, I would have to agree with the suggestion of buying on-line from our trusted dealers. In my own experience all the reps I´ve ordered from three different dealers are great quality, always smooth transactions and zero issues with customs (I live in the Orange County by the way). I can´t tell you how the reps from our dealer compare vs. the ones you´ve got from the Fashion District because I´ve never seen those, but believe me, I honestly tell you the reps from the trusted dealers are great quality and eventhough you can´t phisically inspect them, you can always ask the dealers to send you as many photos as you need before buying, just to see the watch you will be receiving in the event you decide to buy it.

And finally, just being curious: where is located that alley at Fashion District?. I´ve been at the "alleys" a couple of times but never saw any rep watch being sold there.

Cheers!!

Corner of Santee and 12th in downtown.

www.thesanteealley.com

joshua1980

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check out some of the dealers on this site.....

I'll try to post some pics of my Replicas in the next few days to get into the spirit of things....