Sign in to follow this  
samadkins29

Will Noob or BP come out with Decorated "A8500" movements?

Thrasher

So sad no one will reply, I don't think any one knows AT maker but its the low beat.. So sad

Wester_Special

Only the TD's can tell...

z k

I'm sure someone will do it in the future. Hopefully soon. The Miyota one looks great.

samadkins29

yeah :( that's what I figured. After seeing the Miyota, I ended up getting a LMPO that has a solid case back. I cant go back and now when I look at the BP and Noob Ceramic PO's the backs stand out like a sore thumb,...

Fracture

The entry level Miyota's are turds, lets face it. Do you wear your watch with the caseback faced upwards? I'd take a solid 2836 over a shiny decorated 8215 any day of the week. My Noob with 2836 loses 17 seconds each month and that is what matters imo: solid performance.

And in the end only gen owners will be able to tell it's a rep, AFTER you've taken of your watch and put it in their hands. Why would you do that?

Realism

^ just because it's low beat it's turd? trolololol logic

NFleischer

The BP and the Noob CrPO both have decorated rotors with 8500 engraved. The BP has some additional engravings on the mov't as well.

But again; who really cares? The BP has some issues with the crown and keyless works, but should work well as they're gen ETA. The Noob clones also work fine.

samadkins29

The entry level Miyota's are turds, lets face it. Do you wear your watch with the caseback faced upwards? I'd take a solid 2836 over a shiny decorated 8215 any day of the week. My Noob with 2836 loses 17 seconds each month and that is what matters imo: solid performance.

And in the end only gen owners will be able to tell it's a rep, AFTER you've taken of your watch and put it in their hands. Why would you do that?

Its agreed that Miyota is not a good movement. What would be the ideal watch is a clear caseback Noob or BP with the fully decorated 2836 movement. I know perfection is too much to ask for in a rep. If ti was perfect, nobody would buy the real thing. But I would be happy to drop upwards of $700 on a Noob will a fully decorated movement. It would be a super rep at that point.

The BP and the Noob CrPO both have decorated rotors with 8500 engraved. The BP has some additional engravings on the mov't as well.

But again; who really cares? The BP has some issues with the crown and keyless works, but should work well as they're gen ETA. The Noob clones also work fine.

They don't have full decoration. That was my point in the thread. I know they both work fine. Just seems like an extra step could be taken in the next Noob or BP revision.

Fracture

^ just because it's low beat it's turd? trolololol logic

What a dickish reply. Just because I state my opinion I'm a troll? Spin it however you want, the factories are asking as much or more for a rep with the Miyota as they are asking for one with a Seagull or Guangzhou ETA-clone movement while they are absolutely not equal in value imo.

Edited by Fracture

Kleen™

The 9015 is an absolutely brilliant mvmt. The 8000-series....maybe not so much...

Cynikal.Mindset

a fully deco'd clone or eta movement would be nice but then again that means price goes up...the current movements with decorated rotor are good enough really. If everything gets the full kit makeover like v6 hublots then we are gonna be in $600 territory on all reps which is somewhere I don't wanna be

samadkins29

a fully deco'd clone or eta movement would be nice but then again that means price goes up...the current movements with decorated rotor are good enough really. If everything gets the full kit makeover like v6 hublots then we are gonna be in $600 territory on all reps which is somewhere I don't wanna be

Understandable, it would be nice to have the option. I mean you can PO's anywhere from $120-$350. Would be nice to get in a super rep $600 range will a full deco on a decent movement. I dont buy loads of reps, I really just hold out for the ones that are done really well. I could see $600 being too much for people who buy 10 reps a year...

watchsean7

yeah :( that's what I figured. After seeing the Miyota, I ended up getting a LMPO that has a solid case back. I cant go back and now when I look at the BP and Noob Ceramic PO's the backs stand out like a sore thumb,...

So when you mean you cant go back? You mean you cant go back in time? Or you cant go back "not knowing" Ha. As I am thinking of getting this VERY same watch.

Although... I like the orange. But at first it was all orange, then.. I wanted only a little orange. NOW... I think maybe I want ....no orange. The orange is "Fading" on me, no pun intended. Ha.

I came here from your other Omega post, I am a noob. So any advice would be awesome. This is a great site and Im so glad I found it.

Edited by watchsean7

samadkins29

So when you mean you cant go back? You mean you cant go back in time? Or you cant go back "not knowing" Ha. As I am thinking of getting this VERY same watch.

Although... I like the orange. But at first it was all orange, then.. I wanted only a little orange. NOW... I think maybe I want ....no orange. The orange is "Fading" on me, no pun intended. Ha.

I came here from your other Omega post, I am a noob. So any advice would be awesome. This is a great site and Im so glad I found it.

Well after seeing the fully decorated movement I cant go back to buying a CrPO with a clear caseback. The LM CrPO (LMPO w/e people like to call it) is the perfect combination of both. I hope that Noob will release one with full decoration within the next year or so. If not Ill settle and just get the orange with clear caseback.

I started with the LMPO for work. Its not as flashy as the orange CrPO. But my next watch will be the orange CrPO 42mm on the black/orange stitching rubber band.

Edited by samadkins29

Fracture

Well after seeing the fully decorated movement I cant go back to buying a CrPO with a clear caseback. The LM CrPO (LMPO w/e people like to call it) is the perfect combination of both. I hope that Noob will release one with full decoration within the next year or so. If not Ill settle and just get the orange with clear caseback.

I started with the LMPO for work. Its not as flashy as the orange CrPO. But my next watch will be the orange CrPO 42mm on the black/orange stitching rubber band.

I don't understand your fascination with the decorated movement. You don't wear your watch upside down and I'm guessing you don't take it off all the time and put it in other peoples hands.

Decorated or not, it's still a rep and it will probably be the last thing people notice.

samadkins29

I don't understand your fascination with the decorated movement. You don't wear your watch upside down and I'm guessing you don't take it off all the time and put it in other peoples hands.

Decorated or not, it's still a rep and it will probably be the last thing people notice.

The fascination comes from wanting a replica to be just that - a replica. Im not asking for identical movement, just what can be seen from the outside. It would be nice to have a decorated movement put on something better than a 21j. That's all. I may be alone in this wish. Obviously I don't take it off the wrist to show people. But I don't buy reps for other people, I buy them for me.

JohnG

Some of us buy reps for ourselves, not to impress others. Counterfeiting can be an art form in and of itself.

Fracture

Some of us buy reps for ourselves, not to impress others. Counterfeiting can be an art form in and of itself.

I'm just a guy from the lower classes, I have no one to impress. I appreciate rep watches but I will never see them for more than what they are: illegal knock-offs. But please, do keep telling yourself that counterfeiting is an art form. Perhaps you will genuinely believe it one day.

Doomsday

The OP just want nicer thing, nicer movement decoration. That simple!

I think what JohnG said should already clarified OP intention, or not??

Daywatch

Nicely decorated movements are fine as long as we have the option to still buy - at a lower price - the undecorated movement, specially on closed casebacks. It´s not what is happening (Sub-C Noob V3)

The more deco is put on these movements the faster it fails or something glued comes off.

While I would buy a $800 Steinhart I don´t want to take the 50%/50% chances on a $700 rep Omega and 4me this is becoming the major prob. of reps. While I could easily dump $200 and get a second one it hurts when we are talking $455 shipped (x2 = $910). In this range would have rather saved up for a gen Tudor as next purchase 2 months later.

BC1221

i honestly dont get the fascination with the decoration either. it looks like someone put some stamped foil over a movement.

unless chinese rep makers start making silicon balance wheels and hair springs, youre never gonna fool anyone with that decorated movement.

This.

OMG2014032801-01_enl.JPG

doesnt look anything like this..

ome8500mvt.jpg

Edited by BC1221

z k

i honestly dont get the fascination with the decoration either. it looks like someone put some stamped foil over a movement.

unless chinese rep makers start making silicon balance wheels and hair springs, youre never gonna fool anyone with that decorated movement.

It doesn't but it is getting closer. I'd get the decorated one that looks closer to gen vs the un-decorated one that looks obviously not.

BC1221

what your movement looks like doesnt convince anyone when your second hand jitters.

the 2836-2 in my BP is silky smooth.

z k

what your movement looks like doesnt convince anyone when your second hand jitters.

the 2836-2 in my BP is silky smooth.

That's what this thread is about... speculating if noob or BP is coming out with a decorated 2836 movement for the PO.