Sign in to follow this  
samadkins29

Will Noob or BP come out with Decorated "A8500" movements?

golddusterrolex360

Nicely decorated movements are fine as long as we have the option to still buy - at a lower price - the undecorated movement, specially on closed casebacks. It´s not what is happening (Sub-C Noob V3)

The more deco is put on these movements the faster it fails or something glued comes off.

While I would buy a $800 Steinhart I don´t want to take the 50%/50% chances on a $700 rep Omega and 4me this is becoming the major prob. of reps. While I could easily dump $200 and get a second one it hurts when we are talking $455 shipped (x2 = $910). In this range would have rather saved up for a gen Tudor as next purchase 2 months later.

Totally Agree.

golddusterrolex360

what your movement looks like doesnt convince anyone when your second hand jitters.

the 2836-2 in my BP is silky smooth.

Yep, forget the display casebacks, go for an eta based movement that doesn't see daylight, convincing enough that way.

Edited by golddusterrolex360

samadkins29

I'm just a guy from the lower classes, I have no one to impress. I appreciate rep watches but I will never see them for more than what they are: illegal knock-offs. But please, do keep telling yourself that counterfeiting is an art form. Perhaps you will genuinely believe it one day.

(Bold only to make quote vs reply easier - Im not yelling at anyone)

I don't understand people like you. Why even buy reps at all? On one hand you complain about price, but would go buy a BP or Noob because the quality is better. That's all my thread is about. - Progress - making the next version even closer. I pay a higher price because it looks right. Why hate on making the back look right too?

Nicely decorated movements are fine as long as we have the option to still buy - at a lower price - the undecorated movement, specially on closed casebacks. It´s not what is happening (Sub-C Noob V3)

The more deco is put on these movements the faster it fails or something glued comes off.

While I would buy a $800 Steinhart I don´t want to take the 50%/50% chances on a $700 rep Omega and 4me this is becoming the major prob. of reps. While I could easily dump $200 and get a second one it hurts when we are talking $455 shipped (x2 = $910). In this range would have rather saved up for a gen Tudor as next purchase 2 months later.

I understand your point, but I'm am referring only to the open case back. My LMPO is amazing because at all angles it looks correct. Ive only found two minor differences between a legit and rep LMPO externally. Budget is always a concern, but I would rather get 1 high quality rep than 3 craps ones...

i honestly dont get the fascination with the decoration either. it looks like someone put some stamped foil over a movement.

unless chinese rep makers start making silicon balance wheels and hair springs, youre never gonna fool anyone with that decorated movement.

You are comparing a cheap movement and the work done by a sub par company to a gen Omega. Noob and BP are known to make much better reps. One would assume they would take the same time to make the back look nice. All of this could be the reason why Noob's are no longer in stock.

what your movement looks like doesnt convince anyone when your second hand jitters.

the 2836-2 in my BP is silky smooth.

That's what this thread is about... speculating if noob or BP is coming out with a decorated 2836 movement for the PO.

Pretty much asking for the entire package. Or at least the option of one for those of us who buy only select reps.

Yep, forget the display casebacks, go for an eta based movement that doesn't see daylight, convincing enough that way.

LMPO is what I ended up doing :)

BC1221

so youd pay extra for basically aluminium plate over the back of your movement?

something anybody would have trouble working on because theres plates over the movement.

if they did decorate a 2836 or whatever like this but it costs $200 bucks more, you would buy that version?

wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy a closed case back?

i suppose its all a matter of preference. i personally never look at the back of my watch and nobody ever asks me to take my watch off so they can see the movement.

the only ones that would even look would be people familiar with the watch. if thats the case, then the decorations arnt gonna fool them.

that fake nub thats supposed to be the regulator with the fake jewel just makes the whole thing look cheap as hell imo.

i just dont understand why people want this so bad.

the 28** movements or the miyota 9105 cant be decorated like this because theyre thicker movements i believe and will not fit in the case.

if this could have been done to a high beat movement, i can promise you it would have been done. TDs read the forums and they tell factories what people are asking for.

believe me, theyre not just not making them the way you want it because they dont care. theres usually a technical reason behind it.

now if they could actually make a 8500 clone with the black balance wheel and all that, id buy it.

the way it is now.. just a plate over the actual movement.. no.

samadkins29

so youd pay extra for basically aluminium plate over the back of your movement?

something anybody would have trouble working on because theres plates over the movement.

if they did decorate a 2836 or whatever like this but it costs $200 bucks more, you would buy that version?

wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy a closed case back?

i suppose its all a matter of preference. i personally never look at the back of my watch and nobody ever asks me to take my watch off so they can see the movement.

the only ones that would even look would be people familiar with the watch. if thats the case, then the decorations arnt gonna fool them.

that fake nub thats supposed to be the regulator with the fake jewel just makes the whole thing look cheap as hell imo.

i just dont understand why people want this so bad.

the 28** movements or the miyota 9105 cant be decorated like this because theyre thicker movements i believe and will not fit in the case.

if this could have been done to a high beat movement, i can promise you it would have been done. TDs read the forums and they tell factories what people are asking for.

believe me, theyre not just not making them the way you want it because they dont care. theres usually a technical reason behind it.

now if they could actually make a 8500 clone with the black balance wheel and all that, id buy it.

the way it is now.. just a plate over the actual movement.. no.

Yes I would pay extra. But only if Noob or BP did it, because they would take the extra step it making it match. I cant comment on the thickness issue. The pictures your using are comparing the effort of a mediocre company to those of Omega. Noob or BP is a good middle ground. But to each there own. I think my point has been made.

JohnG

I will never see them for more than what they are: illegal knock-offs. But please, do keep telling yourself that counterfeiting is an art form. Perhaps you will genuinely believe it one day.

Something tells me this hobby isn't for you. :)

Fracture

A good thing then that you can't tell me what my hobbies should be.

herb

Decorated or not, it's still a rep and it will probably be the last thing people notice.

Some of us buy reps for ourselves, not to impress others. Counterfeiting can be an art form in and of itself.

I'm just a guy from the lower classes, I have no one to impress. I appreciate rep watches but I will never see them for more than what they are: illegal knock-offs. But please, do keep telling yourself that counterfeiting is an art form. Perhaps you will genuinely believe it one day.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathonkeats/2013/01/18/j-s-g-boggs-counterfeit-money-is-worth-more-than-the-real-thing-are-you-buying-it-book-excerpt-2/

not saying the Noob of BP are artists in a strict sense, but counterfeiting can certainly be an art form. Some of the members here have painstakingly improved on the raw material sourced from a TD, for example, and turned out something that I personally would not mind calling art.

Toosmokeduptosee

I don't see why the Miyota is such a turn off? Cuz it doesn't hack? So, The Miyota runs at 21.6, while the omega 8500 is at 25.2pbh

If u want to be genuine, then the 28.8 would be "wrong" too. You don't think the Miyota movement is decorated well enough to warrant it being a better option?

I know the Miyota is not "ADJUSTE DTO FIYE (5)POSITIONS"....

But I would bet that a new Miyota 8215 movement would last longer then 75% of these "Swiss eta" rep movements. The Miyota is not an eta 2824-2, but Let's be real......

Finding a new genuine watch with an eta 2824-2 movement for under $500 is very rare, if not impossible. But you can get an almost perfect rep made for $250 with a "genuine Swiss movement"???

Come on now. Be realistic! The oil that used on a genuine Swiss movement is probaby worth more than these rep movements are worth, yet we all overlook this because frankly, we turn a blind eye cuz we would like to believe it. I am guilty myself.

Obviously, Most know that these "Swiss movements" in these reps are barely Swiss....

But With the Miyota movement, I would think I are actually getting a real, new Miyota!!

(And the 8215 is often regarded as a relatively trouble free, workhorse movement), with a little stutter issue....

Would you throw a hot girl who stuttered a bit out of bed?

Call me nuts, but to me a Miyota looks and sounds a lot better to me!

prtscn

Well I guess what u said is true, except that some people can't get over the 'little stutter issue'. Otherwise, I agree with u with everything else.

snaaakeey

Plus they are charging big money for a very cheap movement. They are making a lot more money out of us on these movements.