Sign in to follow this  
Cynikal.Mindset

swiss, chinese, swinese?

Cynikal.Mindset

aside from looking dirty as all hell under a loupe and running well and smooth as silk...what is this?

excuse super large pics but kinda need for viewing reference

mV1g003.jpg

bOAiCx9.jpg

George.

The stamping is a little messy for ETA, better trained eyes could give you a far more definitive answer ;)

houndoggie

Swiss, at least the incabloc is. It is the older KIF spring, I think... and I think that isn't repped.

Cynikal.Mindset

to my trained untrained eyes I see both traits of swiss and clone parts...more curious than anything really

bklynboy

looks a clone imho, not swiss, eta stamp is a bit wonky to pass qc

SSTEEL

Possibly a refurbished ETA with some Asian parts, looking at your photos, it appears to of been poorly plated too.

Cynikal.Mindset

to the naked eye the plating looks sufficient and neat but under 10x mag it does look pretty shoddy...end of day the purchase was a pretty good deal but if you order swiss this is likely the kind of mash up you are likely to get lol

Stuvetjee
to the naked eye the plating looks sufficient and neat but under 10x mag it does look pretty shoddy...end of day the purchase was a pretty good deal but if you order swiss this is likely the kind of mash up you are likely to get lol

Never would order a swiss from TD though.

Hope you have a good catch!:)

How did end with your 'lost' Breitling mate? Already had response?

Cynikal.Mindset

Hope you have a good catch! :)

LOL....what breitling? I guess I should harass him again at another email I have found

Stuvetjee

LOL....what breitling? I guess I should harass him again at another email I have found

:picard: what an ass...

Did the mods already took action? Man this really sucks! Such a nice watch...

Cynikal.Mindset

Sean and crew have tried and Chris has been silent as a church mouse...I just fired another email to all known email accounts of his...maybe he should send me one of his fancy luthier inspired "CLS" brand watches...fuckin guy! I just want a bag of parts back, I don't even care if it works

Stuvetjee

Sean and crew have tried and Chris has been silent as a church mouse...I just fired another email to all known email accounts of his...maybe he should send me one of his fancy luthier inspired "CLS" brand watches...fuckin guy! I just want a bag of parts back, I don't even care if it works

Jesus christ what a fucktard #1 :picard:

Really hope it finally sorts out mate... Did you sended it only for repair/service?

Cynikal.Mindset

Jesus christ what a fucktard #1 :picard:

Really hope it finally sorts out mate... Did you sended it only for repair/service?

Minor repair and/possible movement replacement if possible. This is why now Ihave 2 pieces iI'm scared to send away to be repaired as they both need what is beyond my comfort level and tool level. Heck if he just told me to fuck off I'dllike that better than the silent treatment.

agntkerr

I got this from a TD as a swiss movement in a PO.

gp3_zps3cc8b399.jpggp1_zps35e2ab84.jpggp2_zpsc7ef705e.jpg