Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Greetings and Question on Deep Sea / Sea Dweller

Mik

Hi!

I’m totally noob on reps and after a failed attempt to buy one (got fined by customs by importing goods that used established brands… :thumbsup2: ) started reading this forum and learned a lot from all you guys.

So, greetings from the sunny Europe’s west coast.

I’ve been a Watch fan for long but since the "single/no kids" era had to pull the plug on this obsession. Now, I’m beginning to think that reps might just be the way to unleash the bug.

One of the difficult things I’ve found is the scarcity of means to compare reps and gens. If you don’t take that as showing off, and find that can be somehow useful, can post images of me gens. I’m happy to own a Rlx Sub no date, a IWC Portuguese, a VC overseas Chrono and a Dubey rattrapante. No reps so far, but just give me some time :).

After a few PMs, here it is my first post, to greet you all and ask a question:

What is the best (most resembling the real thing) DSSD out there? There are Ultimates, Corrected 10s, and the V “any number plus oneâ€â€¦ It’s a headache!

Any thoughts about Roberts DSSD in 3 Rolexes deal?

Best regards to all,

Mike

prestigewatchco
Hi!

I’m totally noob on reps and after a failed attempt to buy one (got fined by customs by importing goods that used established brands… :thumbsup2: ) started reading this forum and learned a lot from all you guys.

I’ve been a Watch fan for long but since the "single/no kids" era had to pull the plug on this obsession. Now, I’m beginning to think that reps might just be the way to unleash the bug.

One of the difficult things I’ve found is the scarcity of means to compare reps and gens. If you don’t take that as showing off, and find that can be somehow useful, can post images of me gens. I’m happy to own a Rlx Sub no date, a IWC Portuguese, a VC overseas Chrono and a Dubey rattrapante. No reps so far, but just give me some time :).

What is the best (most resembling the real thing) DSSD out there? There are Ultimates, Corrected 10s, and the V “any number plus oneâ€â€¦ It’s a headache!

Best regards to all,

Mike

Bloody nightmare watch the DSSD the model I currently have with ETA clone inside has been reviewed to death on RWI and several have concluded it is probably the best $ value available. None are perfect this is true with all reps. the decision you have to make is do you want to spend $249 or $400+ for a DSSD both of which contain flaws that 99.9% of people wouldn't spot.

The problem with members on forums is they live and breath rep watches and they make a big deal out of things that really are not that noticeable even to rep lovers and near impossible for the normal guy in the street including Gen owners to spot

Ska

Robert is completely correct.

The 'Ultimate' DSSD sold by most of the dealers for between $220 - $300 depending on movement is damned accurate (any of the tiny flaws are so insignificant you shouldn't pay any attention)

In my opinion the only features you should make sure you have are the 'correct 10', blue lume and at least an Asian clone ETA movement to get that rolex 'sweep'

skintrade

Hi and welcome :)

Member X

Hi Mike! :(

Get those pics of the gens up :P lol

Robert and Skathe are both spot on in their thoughts! I would aim for the things that skathe has pointed out as anything else is just going to be too tiny to spot once it's on your wrist :)

Eiderdaus

take roberts DSSD and a bezel insert from trevor watches and you should be good to go

GC
Hi!

I’m totally noob on reps and after a failed attempt to buy one (got fined by customs by importing goods that used established brands… :) ) started reading this forum and learned a lot from all you guys.

Best regards to all,

Mike

Bloody nightmare watch the DSSD the model I currently have with ETA clone inside has been reviewed to death on RWI and several have concluded it is probably the best $ value available. None are perfect this is true with all reps. the decision you have to make is do you want to spend $249 or $400+ for a DSSD both of which contain flaws that 99.9% of people wouldn't spot.

The problem with members on forums is they live and breath rep watches and they make a big deal out of things that really are not that noticeable even to rep lovers and near impossible for the normal guy in the street including Gen owners to spot

Robert is completely correct.

The 'Ultimate' DSSD sold by most of the dealers for between $220 - $300 depending on movement is damned accurate (any of the tiny flaws are so insignificant you shouldn't pay any attention)

In my opinion the only features you should make sure you have are the 'correct 10', blue lume and at least an Asian clone ETA movement to get that rolex 'sweep'

Truly sound advice... take note!

Mik

Thank you guys for the welcoming and thank you for your inputs.

Must confess that it was not the answer I was expecting but it is clearly the most intelligent I could get!

Just wait for my posts with my purchases...

regards

M

coolin

I agree with all of the above for me 2-300 is more than enough any more seems to defeat the whole object of reps for me

Col