Sign in to follow this  
gtwc

Precious Time (EU dealer...), any problems?

gtwc

'lo everyone.

Just wondering (especially relevant to all UK / EU members), has anyone rec'd a reply from Precious Time

in the last 2 months?

I have emailed him using his contact form on Ptswiss on 4 separate occasions, and all I have ever rec'd

is a comp. generated reply along the lines of : Thank you for your enquiry. We will get back to you shortly.

It makes life difficult when he posts no prices on his site, and possibly doesn't bode well for the future.

Any positive reactions?

Ska

Use Mary.

Better prices and you're UK based so no customs issues.

Email her at [email protected] with a photo of the watch you're after.

She'll sort you out.

Alternatively, try Narikaa if you're desperate for a UK dealer. It's possible that PT is on holiday at the moment.

gtwc
Use Mary.

Better prices and you're UK based so no customs issues.

Email her at [email protected] with a photo of the watch you're after.

She'll sort you out.

Alternatively, try Narikaa if you're desperate for a UK dealer. It's possible that PT is on holiday at the moment.

Ta, Ska......!!!!

Ska

No worries mate what are you hoping for?

gtwc
No worries mate what are you hoping for?

Ideally a slightly modded Pam036 ti with a sandwich tobacco brown dial (not sausage as they all seem to be), superlumed and good cannon pin height.

Not a lot really !

Wish I'd had the money some 9 or 10 years ago to buy the gen - it came with a tobacco brown 'clous de paris' hobnailed dial. Lovely.

I just really like the combination of brown with ti, and I also prefer the brown croc straps......

mspangl

dno how they are like but i wanted to order a polprof of pt and they told me its 260 pounds.. mary offered me the same watch for half the price.. in dollars lol

Silverspeed
dno how they are like but i wanted to order a polprof of pt and they told me its 260 pounds.. mary offered me the same watch for half the price.. in dollars lol

Over the last 4 years I've bought many reps via PT and found him very reliable. He is very good at finding the best versions, has a very good after sales service,

and I've gotten many parts through him even for watches I didn't buy from him.

His prices are not the cheapest around, usually on par with the prices from Josh, Andrew and PureTime. Since customs in my country are rather strict, PT is a very good

source for many EU mainland members.

The price he quoted for the PloProf is most likely for the Swiss version and includes shipping...at 260 GBP that will be around $400 shipped....I doubt Mary can offer the Swiss

version for $200 shipped

sconehead

...to be honest GW, if you're UK based you can use any of the dealers mate, customs won't be an issue, so just go for the cheapest price shipped for your particular model...:)

onzenuub

Over the last 4 years I've bought many reps via PT and found him very reliable. He is very good at finding the best versions, has a very good after sales service,

and I've gotten many parts through him even for watches I didn't buy from him.

His prices are not the cheapest around, usually on par with the prices from Josh, Andrew and PureTime. Since customs in my country are rather strict, PT is a very good

The price he quoted for the PloProf is most likely for the Swiss version and includes shipping...at 260 GBP that will be around $400 shipped....I doubt Mary can offer the Swiss

version for $200 shipped

+ A LOT :)

Bought several watches from PT, never any problems, allways a nice price.

Luthier

version for $200 shipped

$400 and $200 is a big difference. Mary offered this watch for $215 with Asian ETA 28,800 bhp, shipped, so, I think with Swiss ETA it would be around $240-$250. $150 saving.

:)

matrixLe

why is there no custom risk in the uk? mary ships from HK/china right?

trailboss99

Because HM Customs don't give a flying about rep watches, that's why.

Col.

greg_r
why is there no custom risk in the uk? mary ships from HK/china right?

I've brought more than 40 watches into the UK over the last couple of years. Uk Customs' standing instructions are to let them through unless they appear to be in quantity for resale purposes. They will otherwise only stop a package at the request of the copyright holder and that request must be specific to a particular package.

Basically, if you're in the UK you have NO customs worries, so feel free to buy from the far east. You'll save yourself some dough.

matrixLe

thanks greg for your explanation ;-). i live in germany .. so i won't buy at mary because the german custom control is very nasty.

but back to topic. PT just send me an email yesterday evening .. no problems

Odal
thanks greg for your explanation ;-). i live in germany .. so i won't buy at mary because the german custom control is very nasty.

But Mary offer full refund against custom issue... Aslo you can ask her for a forward shipping, meaning as like the package dont came from china... so no problem at all with mary.

matrixLe

ok thats cool. could anybody post the link to marys website?

dingle
ok thats cool. could anybody post the link to marys website?

best to send her an email here: [email protected]

mention to her you are a member here and post a link to the watch you want :lol:

solkryssare

PT is very very good. Not cheap but to me it worth ordering from him. Best way to contact him is PM'ing him on RG. Seems thats the fastest way to get hold of him. To some of us EU geeks its not only about customs taking your watch but also getting a letter from the watch companys layers. Happend to me 2 times and now I ONLY use EU dealers. Im a family man and dont need a lawsuit on my ass. How ever unlikely that happening might be

peter58

I have a very good recent experience with PT. He provides adequate information and has shown to be completely reliable. I've bought two watches so far, both beautiful (I'll write a review on his Patek Philippe soon) and will not hesitate to order a 3rd time.

Add to this some good co-thinking and advise and there's your preferred dealer.

NFleischer

I've ordered a few things over the years from PT. Never had any major issues. If I had a problem he'd sort it out-

as Silver said- they don't sell junk, but its not cheap either. I got an early WM9 (v.1.5) sub from him for about $300

super nice watch but no real lume. Alot less than the later BK/WM9 versions , nearly double.

pollux1

I got a 3719 with rubber and bracelet, not the cheapest but the best version there is.