Sign in to follow this  
Derek Mc

My small but now single brand collection - update pics

Derek Mc

After much buying and selling recently, and after coming to the conclusion that I am much more of a Breitling kind of a guy than I would have imagined, so my recent activity has been geared soley around them.

OK so, only three but the three are the start of a long term set. I hope you approve.

First some arty pics in the garden

DSC_0559_zps67a41dd1.jpg

DSC_0558_zpsb820aad6.jpg

DSC_0556_zps4a5d42f1.jpg

So, the latest additions are the Blue SOH and the Super Avenger in Black,

I bought the S/A M2M next door and it was exactly what I was looking for (though rubber wasn't my ultimate strap choice I am very quickly getting into it this time, a true first for me as I generally am a steel bracelet then leather as a second choice kind of a guy!

I am going to spend the evening doing a comparo with the two S/A's but insticnt tells me the black is V3 the silver V2.

I was looking for a Mk2 Dial and preferred arabic, but also considered white Baton dial models, so here she is!

DSC_0560_zps805c6644.jpg

DSC_0564_zpsfd95f180-1.jpg

Very clear AR, almost invisible in direct light however I wanted to get a reflection shot so tried an oblique

DSC_0563_zpsd5965514.jpg

I couldn't resist whipping the back off the black to have a look at the movement and was blown away to see a very pretty and decorated A7750 with fine adjust to the balance wheel. I find moments like this like little gifts as I was not in any way anticipating that Oscillating weight, as Hazz will tell you I have had on in my watch list on Ebay as I wanted one, even though it has a steel case back.

I took the time to grease the seal and threads (not that I have any intention of getting the watch wet!) but y'know, out of a sense of duty.

DSC_0545A3_zps54eb6e97.jpg

DSC_0545A2_zpsf446b7ac.jpg

Watch will now undergo a very full clean down and polish gently where it needs (which really isn't hardly worth talking about so far, but the bezel will be the big focus for my attentions.

The Silver has got the gen dial and though it may not look it, it is quite easy to spot the quality in certain parts such as the winged logo, it is a Mk1 Stratus silver dial and looks very odd as you don't see many that colour but under a 30x magnifier date window is good better than rep's usually get and also the lume, I was able to establish it had been re-lumed,,, No idea why but it was and that is paining me so much right now!

DSC_0560_zps31682e0a.jpg

Powered by a beautiful A2824-2 (gens actually have the ETA 2824 so it is technically correct here, I offer the Blue SOH. A very recent acquisition and such an elegant classy informal beauty on blue leather it is lovely on the wrist

DSC_0562_zps3e27f276.jpg

I hope you like the start of the collection I am going to piece together around this very famous brand. I have to say, I do think if ever I go gen, it will be a Super Avenger, I adore them.

tezzbro

Very nice trio...Any recommendations as to which TD I can pick up a Super Avenger in Black with rubber strap and a nice movement.

Dendo

If I had to stick with just one marque....

..maybe Breitling, or JLC, or IWC or Panerai......

.......or maybe not possible :lol:

StormyNight

Very nice trio! I don't have a Super but I love my Chrono Avenger and Blue SOH. Great choices you made! :)

Derek Mc

Very nice trio...Any recommendations as to which TD I can pick up a Super Avenger in Black with rubber strap and a nice movement.

pm sent :)

If I had to stick with just one marque....

..maybe Breitling, or JLC, or IWC or Panerai......

.......or maybe not possible :lol:

True, true, but for now it shall be Breitling's,,,

Very nice trio! I don't have a Super but I love my Chrono Avenger and Blue SOH. Great choices you made! :)

Thank you good sir!

Wolf359

Beautiful collection. I ultimately plan to have a super avenger in all three available colors, but being that its summer, I will get the H fac versions of white and blue dial SA's. I simply love the weight, heft and design of the super avenger. I understand that the H fac versions are built more solidly but have inferior bracelets to the noobs but oh well. They are both great reps of a great watch.

Derek Mc

Beautiful collection. I ultimately plan to have a super avenger in all three available colors, but being that its summer, I will get the H fac versions of white and blue dial SA's. I simply love the weight, heft and design of the super avenger. I understand that the H fac versions are built more solidly but have inferior bracelets to the noobs but oh well. They are both great reps of a great watch.

Don't rule out the C2 factory versions when looking :)

speirsro

Good taste, Derek.

Very much a Breitling guy myself and love all of them, but more so the BLACK SA.

Thanks for sharing.

Dawg

Very nice collection. Must admit my Breitling collection is growing at the expense of other brands!. Had one 6 months ago and now have 4.

Derek Mc

Thanks guys, just spent the evening one eye on the game and the other going into a first stage clean down and polish up. Black SA coming together beautifully!

EmEye

Nice collection...that SOH has to be my first breitling!

Wolf359

Don't rule out the C2 factory versions when looking :)

C2 factory version? What is this unicorn you speak of? Ive never heard of this version. Can you send me a link or PM? Thanks

Del

A nice trio indeed! :thumbsup2:

Del Boy

You know who to PM if you want to let any go.

Nice garden!

Jonnybaws

Lovely pieces there..

But the SOH :wub::drool:

Derek Mc

Thanks for all the comments on the SOH if anyone is interested they can be got ;) If,,,, like me, you can live with a "P" over "U" :) (pm me and I shall reveal all) I have to say it is stunning on the wrist and the leather strap is dark blue so the entire watch has a less formal look than if it were black, the AR gives the dial incredible depth and the movement init gives it such a smooth sweep it is hard to believe it's a rep in truth.

I may well start to mod this one simply because of how well it is put together and the first item on the list? Gen dial,,,, if I do that then a crown would have to be next,,, Gets very EXPENSIVE this hobby

StormyNight

It could become very difficult to put a gen crown on the SOH I believe. Another member here, J!m has been trying to do exactly that for quite a while but struggling to find a tube as I understand it?

His watch is for sale as an "ongoing project".

Derek Mc

It could become very difficult to put a gen crown on the SOH I believe. Another member here, J!m has been trying to do exactly that for quite a while but struggling to find a tube as I understand it?

His watch is for sale as an "ongoing project".

Really,,,,, thanks for that, I hadn't read that, and don't get me wrong the rep crown is very nice indeed but the gen is slightly more refined,,, I am glad you tipped me off, thanks!

N.Rico

nice pieces mate , good sellection .

i like the blue one .

kamma

Great collection :thumbsup2:

gran

Cute Breit Collection. Super Avenger looks best in Black!