Sign in to follow this  
digger2

WP tester arrived

digger2

I must say this tester have made my weekend, so far 5/5 tested to 3Bar seems ok :lol:

KBH

Nice! That doesn't surprise me at all.

Did you grease the seals or are they direct from the factory?

digger2
Nice! That doesn't surprise me at all.

Did you grease the seals or are they direct from the factory?

only 1 of five where greased before the test.

offshore

Digger,

You are not using that tester as it should be used.

You release the pressure, AFTER you immerse the watch/es!

Thus far you have zero results!

Here are the instructions to work with-

Water Pressure Tester-Instructions for use.

1/ Fill with water (distilled preferred) to the water line.(approx 1/2 full)

2/ Have the plunger all the way UP. Hang the watch from the bracket on the plunger

shaft, beneath the lid. (An elastic band sometimes helps here)

3/ Position the cap on the tester with the pressure release pin toward you, swing the

bolts over the top at the notches in the cap, and tighten. The watch is suspended above

the water.

4/ Pump the handle on the right side until you show 3 (bar) on the gauge. This pumps

air into the chamber. 3 bar is the standard test in the watch repair industry, but in

certain cases you can go higher.

NOTE: These units were never built for continued testing to pressures above 3 (bar).

Whilst the occasional 6 bar test should do no harm, continuous use at these pressures,

will dramatically shorten the machines life.

5/ Take note of the index pin on the plunger shaft. It sticks out, just a bit below the top

knob. Also, note the notch at the edge of the hole in the lid through which the plunger

shaft slides. You will need to line this index pin up with that notch, later. Allow the watch

to remain above the water for 3 minutes.

6/ Before you lower the watch into the water release the pressure. One failure is having

the crystal blow off when the pressure is released. It is better for this to happen with the

watch above the water.

If the crystal stays in place, re pressurise, wait and proceed to step 7.

7/ After 3 minutes, quickly lower the watch into the water, assure that the index pin fits

through the notch in the lid, and turn the knob so that the plunger stays down against

air pressure.

8/ Now, with the watch submerged, press and hold the pressure release knob on the cap

to slowly release the air pressure, and watch for bubbles coming from the watch case.

This will give you a result.

Offshore

digger2
Digger,

You are not using that tester as it should be used.

You release the pressure, AFTER you immerse the watch/es!

Thus far you have zero results!

Here are the instructions to work with-

Water Pressure Tester-Instructions for use.

1/ Fill with water (distilled preferred) to the water line.(approx 1/2 full)

2/ Have the plunger all the way UP. Hang the watch from the bracket on the plunger

shaft, beneath the lid. (An elastic band sometimes helps here)

3/ Position the cap on the tester with the pressure release pin toward you, swing the

bolts over the top at the notches in the cap, and tighten. The watch is suspended above

the water.

4/ Pump the handle on the right side until you show 3 (bar) on the gauge. This pumps

air into the chamber. 3 bar is the standard test in the watch repair industry, but in

certain cases you can go higher.

NOTE: These units were never built for continued testing to pressures above 3 (bar).

Whilst the occasional 6 bar test should do no harm, continuous use at these pressures,

will dramatically shorten the machines life.

5/ Take note of the index pin on the plunger shaft. It sticks out, just a bit below the top

knob. Also, note the notch at the edge of the hole in the lid through which the plunger

shaft slides. You will need to line this index pin up with that notch, later. Allow the watch

to remain above the water for 3 minutes.

6/ Before you lower the watch into the water release the pressure. One failure is having

the crystal blow off when the pressure is released. It is better for this to happen with the

watch above the water.

If the crystal stays in place, re pressurise, wait and proceed to step 7.

7/ After 3 minutes, quickly lower the watch into the water, assure that the index pin fits

through the notch in the lid, and turn the knob so that the plunger stays down against

air pressure.

8/ Now, with the watch submerged, press and hold the pressure release knob on the cap

to slowly release the air pressure, and watch for bubbles coming from the watch case.

This will give you a result.

Offshore

Ok, thank's !

I see, will have to rerun the tests then, my idea was that the eventual overpressure in the watch should be leaking out slowly in the water but I guess that is not the right idea seeing the instruction, I had read it before but didn´t find it yesterday.

digger2

4 retested and 4/4 seems to leak from the crystal an the fourth also from the back, will be some work to do then...

One of them should also have been WP checked before delivery for an extra charge.

Glad to have the tester anyway :-)

ImWatchingYOU

Interestingly looking little gadget, lets wait for the results!