Sign in to follow this  
gran

What watches look better off wrist than on it?

gran

Looking at the wrist-check day in and day out i notice that some watches look spectacular when not on the wrist, lets say in a stream or sorrounded by rocks etc..as soon as it sits on the wrist it looks too small or just different. Is it just because it is easier to control the photo taking when off the wrist or is it that they actually look better detached from our appendixes?

Very small (38mm and down) or too huge watches (50mm+ or when very tall on the wrist) look better off the wrist in my case

Do you have any examples of a watch that looks better on the wrist than off it? or better vice versa

Genius

Watches are always better on the wrist

HeavyKrush

Personally I rarely take pictures of my watches on the wrist. Would much rather see them in a cool setting rather than a hairy wrist. But it is difficult to appreciate scale when the shot doesn't contain a reference.

simey83

All of them :)

Wriggles

Simey beat me to it!

gmchris

Personally I think the "New Week Wrist Check" thread should have a 'watch on the wrist only' rule as I get fed up seeing watch photos of watches that are taken ages ago- definitely not during this week, or even worse, watches in the snow during summer! Kinda undermines the thread title. don't get me wrong I love great watch photo's, but there are other threads for that.

Edited by gmchris

Lt. Dan
small.jpg

gran

All of them :)

1059330d1350549294-kawasaki-gto-110-complete-engine-worthless1.jpg

gran

small.jpg

Quite acceptable argument :giggle:

RichardMiami

Pocket

think about it

Chavezzito

Chopard looks better of wrist...pain in the ass to have it on the wrist:

IMG_0159_zps30f0ebac.jpg

Mr Stubbs
Pocket

think about it

Richard, you could make a rubber band on your wrist look cool.

:)

I notice big units like Hublots, Grahams, even Invictas get more photo time off wrist than on.

Probably because we admire inspired design and mechanical beauty, but the illusion of perfection is broken when we see it on our own less than perfect wrists. Except me because I have no shame.... :D

gran

IMG_0159_zps30f0ebac.jpg

Thats Simply Great! you left the Chronograph running!

Derek Mc

IMG_0159_zps30f0ebac.jpg

What is the lug width on that one 300,, 400?????

Chavezzito

Thats Simply Great! you left the Chronograph running!

Yep...doesn´t reset to zero as it should :D

Conex

Personally I think the "New Week Wrist Check" thread should have a 'watch on the wrist only' rule as I get fed up seeing watch photos of watches that are taken ages ago- definitely not during this week, or even worse, watches in the snow during summer! Kinda undermines the thread title. don't get me wrong I love great watch photo's, but there are other threads for that.

I am not dissing your post at all my friend but I find it a pain in the arse taking wrist shots. I am quite happy to see peoples watches in the Wristcheck off the wrist. There are some great photographers on here and I like seeing what they come up with (Sardonix for one has some amazing shots). Also I tend to take photos of my watches when they are new, store them on Photobucket and then on the day I wear them I post whichever watch I am wearing, it's just more convenient. I'd personally rather see that than a dodgy photo taken on a mobile. Just my subjective opinion.

Chavezzito

Something like that...tried to ask Serge to make me a strap for it but he did not have access to whole elephant hide.

Derek Mc

Something like that...tried to ask Serge to make me a strap for it but he did not have access to whole elephant hide.

Well as long as he cut the tail off whats the issue thats a "hole" lot of strap!

Better than a chain-mesh you'd never be able to lift your arm up :lmao:

Conex

:rofl:

Jonnybaws

Anything Gold/RG/YG looks better off my wrist!!

Any someone beat me to the Big Ben gag... well played that man!

houndoggie

watches generally look better off the wrist in pictures because the close up nature of the wrist shot distorts the perspective. Watches generally look much bigger in wrist shots then they do when someone else is looking at you wrist in real life. Also, you can't often appreciated the strap as much on a wristie.

rusty peters

I'll answer the question. Breitling Super Ocean 44. The bubble case back makes it wear poorly on my bony wrists.

_DC_

Agree with most others here, ALL watches look better off wrist than on, at least they look better off wrist than on MY wrist it would seem, lol!

DC

houndoggie

it's also much easier to stage the lighting and manage the reflections with the watch off your wrist, thus better pictures..

and also you have 2 hands or a tripod to stabilize the photo...

etc, etc, fuck

rusty peters

I am curious to see how an AP ROO would look on my wrist. I am guessing my 6.5" wrists would make it look douchey. What are your experiences?