Sign in to follow this  
TAGster

Funny Rolex movements after shaking wrist

TAGster

As some of you may know, a couple of weeks ago I got a Submariner (noobmariner). I bought the watch from another board member who got it from a one of our trusted dealers.

The watch is very well done I did a little review (mostly I wrote my impressions, I´m not a Rolex expert) on this topic: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...mp;#entry126948.

Well, after had wearing the watch for mostly two weeks I came up with a funny thing: when I shake my wrist the watch makes some funny movements, it´s like if the movement kept rolling inside the watch. This produce a strange feeling, because once the wrist is still the watch keeps moving by itself. I am not a movement watch expert but I think this is due to a heavy balance wheel. As far as I know the movement in the watch is a 21j.

Here are a couple of videos in order to illustrate the situation, hope you can see that akward movements after shaking my wrist:

Anyone has experienced this with some cheapie noobmarines?.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers mates!!

Member X

lol

I've felt that in a couple of mine - you can feel the movement going round after you've stopped moving your wrist! :D

I wouldn't worry too much, only if it's scraping badly or the movement is not working/winding properly :thumbsup:

greg_r

It's the weight of the rotor continuing to spin following the movement of your wrist. Nothing to worry about.

greg_r

duplicate threads merged

TAGster

Thanks mates.

I was precisely thinking about the rotor but I referred to it as "balance wheel", which by the way: is the same? or are just two different parts?.

And yes, I am not worry about it, it was just that I never felt that "movement" before so it was kind of funny/strange to me. :thumbsup:

Thanks for merging the threads Greg, sorry for the duplicate.

Cheers!