Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Man

Thank you everybody, I am honestly moved by your kindness

Ice_Man

Hey all,

As some of you may saw my previous "farewell" sales post from a few days ago; I just wanted to say that things are coming along much better for me. However what I experienced and witnessed over the past couple of days by our fellow RWG members have left me speechless by their kindness. I feel like I must make a thread about this, as it is too good of a story not to tell.

However I have thought long and hard about how I was going to do this thread and tell these stories, and I have decided to keep these members identities private. These guys know they who they are and I know they didn't do this for recognition; I believe that know what they have done and the happiness they have brought me is good enough satisfaction for them.

First I want to thank everyone who had posted all those kind comments on my m2m ad, and words of encouragement. I received numerous pms from fellow members sharing experiences and offering life advice. It really does mean a lot to me guys!

Now first act of kindness I wish to tell is regarding one good friend and my 243. I received a pm from him telling me that I shouldn't sell my 243 and that if I need money he would be more than happy to loan me the money so that I can still enjoy my beloved 243. I was honestly so taken back by this act of kindness. I mean even now a days you can barely get help from some family members let alone friends off a watch forum. Due to my pride of course I respectfully refused that offer. Eventually we decided that why not sell him the watch instead (since he stated that he wanted it, but just had 2 new arrivals come in earlier that week), But here is where he again stepped up to help. Know that I had a custom strap from Jon, he decided that he would also by the strap from me right then and there (it hasn't even be made yet). He then sent prompt payment for both the 243 and the strap. It not done yet. Then he asked if I would have any watches left to wear; in which I told him that I didn't but it would be ok. He then informed me that he wouldn't allow that and decided to send me one from his own collection (one that also had a special significance to him). I just wanted to thank him sooo much for everything he has done to help me out.

Now onto the second part (yes it keeps coming). Yesterday I arrived home to find a small package sitting on the table. I was kinda confused because I haven't ordered anything, and was worried I may have been sleep-buying watches lol. As I open up the package I notice that there is 2 watches sitting on the inside with a note from another good friend on this forum. It read (to sum it up) that he saw my situation on the site and had sent me 2 watches from his collection that he doesn't wear. He then gave me instructions to sell the watches in order to make some extra funds for myself. I was honestly left speechless and actually had to sit down for a second. His own words to me "good things happen to good people"

Honestly guys I feel like this thread is not enough, but I just am left speechless by all the acts of pure kindness. I had plans to leave RWG and this hobby, but honestly after what I have witnessed I just can't. This forum is filled with great people, and I have made so many great friends on here that I feel that I cannot just leave it all behind. Things are looking better for me now, as I was able to find some temporary part-time work until I can find something that is a little more permanent.

Again thank you so much guys for all you kind words and thoughts. It really does mean a lot to me.

Regards,

Scott

Cynikal.Mindset

top folk around these parts!

StormyNight

Most importantly, Scott, it's brilliant that you've managed to get yourself into a better position already but, secondly, it's heart-warming to know there are so many generous and kind people on here.

Enjoy your new watches!

_DC_

RWG and it's members are EPIC, I've had similar experience with members kindness on this forum as I've posted about before! The membership here are truly special, it's what makes it the best rep forum by a country mile!!

I hope things continue to get better for you mate, I know life can throw a lot of curve balls especially when it comes to money, but I'm glad that a) you're getting it sorted and b) you're not leaving us here as even if you don't own lots of watches it's still an awesome place to hang out!

Dave

HWG

now OP knows why RWG is the best place around. :clap:

Kernow

It's a warm place here for sure. Good luck with your future :)

houndoggie

cheers to all involved.

agntkerr

Cheers Scott, we will stay in touch.

Ishmael

This is great news Scott! Glad you're sticking around and it's nice to know when the rubber meets the road that support can be found here. Continued luck and success to you and your family!

Cannibal

This is awesome! OP I lurk here mostly and contribute occasionally so I'm not up to speed with who's who and what's what... but I'm sending good karma to you and yours for whatever you're dealing with. It may sound hokey but I don't care. :)

As I've been in a heated custody battle with my ex-wife over my daughter (five years of court crap and tens of thousands of dollars that I can't afford to spend) and now finding out my dad has 3-4 months to live (effin Cancer)... we all need to be a little more gentile to each other and karma plays an important part of my daily life because I fully believe good things happen to good people and bad people get bad karma. So... all the very best. If I could help in any way, PM me. Shit happens and it's only bearable with the help of others.

Best, John

SSTEEL

Great story Scott, and I agree wholeheartedly, our community here is one of the best around, and I am proud to be apart of it. Its true, good things happen to good people.!

_DC_
Great story Scott, and I agree wholeheartedly, our community here is one of the best around, and I am proud to be apart of it. Its true, good things happen to good people.!

Amen to that Micky!

Dave

oscarmadfish

Hey all,

As some of you may saw my previous "farewell" sales post from a few days ago; I just wanted to say that things are coming along much better for me. However what I experienced and witnessed over the past couple of days by our fellow RWG members have left me speechless by their kindness. I feel like I must make a thread about this, as it is too good of a story not to tell.

However I have thought long and hard about how I was going to do this thread and tell these stories, and I have decided to keep these members identities private. These guys know they who they are and I know they didn't do this for recognition; I believe that know what they have done and the happiness they have brought me is good enough satisfaction for them.

First I want to thank everyone who had posted all those kind comments on my m2m ad, and words of encouragement. I received numerous pms from fellow members sharing experiences and offering life advice. It really does mean a lot to me guys!

Now first act of kindness I wish to tell is regarding one good friend and my 243. I received a pm from him telling me that I shouldn't sell my 243 and that if I need money he would be more than happy to loan me the money so that I can still enjoy my beloved 243. I was honestly so taken back by this act of kindness. I mean even now a days you can barely get help from some family members let alone friends off a watch forum. Due to my pride of course I respectfully refused that offer. Eventually we decided that why not sell him the watch instead (since he stated that he wanted it, but just had 2 new arrivals come in earlier that week), But here is where he again stepped up to help. Know that I had a custom strap from Jon, he decided that he would also by the strap from me right then and there (it hasn't even be made yet). He then sent prompt payment for both the 243 and the strap. It not done yet. Then he asked if I would have any watches left to wear; in which I told him that I didn't but it would be ok. He then informed me that he wouldn't allow that and decided to send me one from his own collection (one that also had a special significance to him). I just wanted to thank him sooo much for everything he has done to help me out.

Now onto the second part (yes it keeps coming). Yesterday I arrived home to find a small package sitting on the table. I was kinda confused because I haven't ordered anything, and was worried I may have been sleep-buying watches lol. As I open up the package I notice that there is 2 watches sitting on the inside with a note from another good friend on this forum. It read (to sum it up) that he saw my situation on the site and had sent me 2 watches from his collection that he doesn't wear. He then gave me instructions to sell the watches in order to make some extra funds for myself. I was honestly left speechless and actually had to sit down for a second. His own words to me "good things happen to good people"

Honestly guys I feel like this thread is not enough, but I just am left speechless by all the acts of pure kindness. I had plans to leave RWG and this hobby, but honestly after what I have witnessed I just can't. This forum is filled with great people, and I have made so many great friends on here that I feel that I cannot just leave it all behind. Things are looking better for me now, as I was able to find some temporary part-time work until I can find something that is a little more permanent.

Again thank you so much guys for all you kind words and thoughts. It really does mean a lot to me.

Regards,

Scott

not the first time i have seen something like this on here = TRULY A SPECIAL PLACE

masmannan
Dr_-Who_zps42fe8789.gif

Cheesemonger

glad you are sticking around with us and best wishes for success in the future!

:)

Genius

What fucking great people we have here in this forum/community I am glad I found this place and even though I myself am a new member I have learnt so much in my short time here

ag69

RWG and it's members are EPIC, I've had similar experience with members kindness on this forum as I've posted about before! The membership here are truly special, it's what makes it the best rep forum by a country mile!!

I hope things continue to get better for you mate, I know life can throw a lot of curve balls especially when it comes to money, but I'm glad that a) you're getting it sorted and b) you're not leaving us here as even if you don't own lots of watches it's still an awesome place to hang out!

Dave

+1

subiim

That's really nice mate. GL

JohnPilot

Pretty cool story Scott, happy for you.

TheSav

This is why this forum isn't just the best watch forum but THE best forum full stop. It never ceases to amaze me how much generosity there is from members here.

J!m

"I don't frequent many forums. But when I do, it's Dos Equis RWG."

I came for the watches, I stayed for the great people. It's a rare thing these days!

Proctor

Dammit man, I'm proud to be a part of this forum. Best of luck to you Ice!

Pseudonym

I'm somewhat struck by this Scott. many moons ago, my life ended up on its arse - broke & homeless & a little worse for wear interms of my mental health, to say the least. I wish I had this place back then...

I'm often humbled by the brethren here. It's a comminity. A family - disfunctional like most, but a family non the less.

It's stories like yours that make this place great. Where strangers united by a common interest turn out to be the kindest, most generous, & considerate people we come to know.

Glad to hear you've flipped the script.

Great contribution from the members here. Love it.

Rob/P

Bigcountrykris

Some top guys/girls around this gaff, its more than a forum :-)