Sign in to follow this  
DMC1974

Orange Monster On Rubber - Sourcing a bracelet

DMC1974

Hi Guys, not been able to get on here for a while due to work commitments. At the beginning of the year I was all set to pull the trigger on a 1st generation Orange Monster with bracelet on Creation. I never got round to it, and then they were out of stock.

I see the ones on rubber are now back in stock. I don't mind the rubber too much, but would like the original bracelet too. How easy/hard are they to source? I've searched every thread on this I believe, and any advice on this seems to be from at least a few months ago.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Pharmo

To be honest mate, rather then the original Seiko bracelet I would go for some thing like this...

Super engineer bracelet

SSS222203B025-1.jpg

Pharmo

or Yobokies hammer bracelet

963875d1360219952-**sold-**-seiko-orange-monster-skx781-box-yobokies-hammer-bracelet-$165-obo-yobokies_2.jpg

DMC1974

Cheers mate. I reckon I'll pull the Creation trigger now with the rubber on it (before it sells out again) then explore options when I have it.

I've never seen the original bracelet in the flesh, but I must admit I like the look of it from pics I've seen.

Pharmo

Cheers mate. I reckon I'll pull the Creation trigger now with the rubber on it (before it sells out again) then explore options when I have it.

I've never seen the original bracelet in the flesh, but I must admit I like the look of it from pics I've seen.

Good idea mate...Original bracelet is nice and solid, but I would take the above two over the original anyday.

The cost difference also isn't going to be too much :)

draggnation

or Yobokies hammer bracelet

963875d1360219952-**sold-**-seiko-orange-monster-skx781-box-yobokies-hammer-bracelet-$165-obo-yobokies_2.jpg

A beauty...been wearing it in good health. :D

Electron17

I have 2 of these watches, one on rubber and the other on an original bracelet. I find the one on rubber is the most versatile. Go for the one on the rubber strap, you will not be disappointed.

greg_r

The Seiko bracelet looks nice, but is a bit rattly and is an absolute bastard to adjust.

I bought my black monster on the bracelet, but if I was going to do it again, I'd definitely buy on rubber and go for an aftermarket one instead (probably the yobokies version).

I also have an LE blue monster on a third-party bracelet, which took a little fiddling to make it fit right but looks rather good and was pretty inexpensive:

srp455_bclt_260314.JPG

DMC1974

Cheers guys, much appreciated...the 1st Gen OM on rubber has been ordered!

It's good to be back! :q5:

jingo.smile

Or the Anvil from Yobokies. Much, much better than the original bracelet.

P1000736_zpse7c5d091.jpg

DMC1974

I'm liking the look of the Anvil!

OM is en route, so I'll look around, but the Anvil is nice

DMC1974

Ordered last Wednesday, and it's just arrived!!! That's super service from Creation ????

The strap is quite long on my tiny wrists, so will definitely be purchasing a new bracelet I think lol.

KarmaToBurn

I cut my rubber straps to fit my wrist. My monster is on a watchadoo bracelet that is fantastic...

_MG_0957.jpg

DMC1974

Decided to go down a completely different route with the strap in the end. Ordered late yesterday afternoon, and it arrived today! More super service, this time from ukwatchstrap.co.uk.

Di Modell Chronissimo, just £40.90 with recorded delivery http://www.ukwatchst...k-Short-R3.html

20140709_142913.jpg

20140709_143727.jpg

20140709_143755.jpg

TheTinMan

Different watch, but same idea. I picked up a bracelet for $8 off the bay. I remember the vendor having one similair to the monster bracelet for something like $12. They're cheap bracelets, but they look the part and do the job. It could get you through for a while too, until you buy a super engineer (or similair) - which I think looks fantastic on a monster.

1554080d1404739466-wruw-7-july-monday-1.jpg

DMC1974

I'm loving the Chronissimo at the minute mate, so I'm shelving plans for a bracelet for now.

I've seen some pics of a guys Black Monster with the same strap...that's what made me choose this to be honest

vito1

Hi Guys, not been able to get on here for a while due to work commitments. At the beginning of the year I was all set to pull the trigger on a 1st generation Orange Monster with bracelet on Creation. I never got round to it, and then they were out of stock.

I see the ones on rubber are now back in stock. I don't mind the rubber too much, but would like the original bracelet too. How easy/hard are they to source? I've searched every thread on this I believe, and any advice on this seems to be from at least a few months ago.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Shark mesh!