Sign in to follow this  
brum123

IWC 3878 Spitfire - just bought through Watchfinder

brum123

All

I've just received my first watch through WatchFinder - this is my first replica since joining the forum. I have a few others bought in Turkey on holiday - but advice and guidance through this forum has been an eye opener and invaluable. I have posted an update on the WatchFinder thread separately - but just to say the experience was excellent ...and involved a QC video which was totally unexpected.

So onto the watch:

I'd been looking for a IWC 3878 for a while through the TD sites. Tim at Watchfinder sourced a watch; and to support a my dodgy iphone photos below, my take on the watch is:

• Good weight and size - feels like a solid and more expensive piece
  • On the surface the watch is a pretty close match to the original - main differences are:

- date wheel is white with black writing on replica - grey with white writing on gen
    - seconds hand at 6 o'clock is white - red tipped on gen

Certainly nothing which worries me too much
  • Below the surface:

- the movement is quartz (seiko VK). Gives a pretty nice sweep on Chrono seconds hand.
    - back of watch has the Top Gun design rather than the spitfire design. For me not an issue as nobody sees that
    - there is a Top Gun logo on the side of the case which isn't on the gen - it's pretty subtle and not seen when wearing the watch. This is a shame but certainly not the end of the world as not really visable
  • The watch came with a cheap fake croc skin strap. I've since replaced with a plain leather strap from Sectime - this is still a cheapy but I feel looks a little better.

....and here's a few pictures:

Pic one - wrist shot with new strap

14384560479_12b5826631_m.jpg

Close up with original strap

14384496380_b2b981e7f5_m.jpg

from a distance

14569464804_a3d221dbb1_m.jpg

photo quality getting worse - side shot

14384573549_abe19b461f_m.jpg

If you want to look at better photos (and see the sides and back) - Tim posted better photos on the watchfinder section. These are not QC pictures - link is http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=80213