Sign in to follow this  
Ttrm007

setting dual time zone

Ttrm007

I have a JL Master Control and really like it a lot. Learned from this forum how to set second time zone by setting in reverse (counter clockwise) which disengages 2nd time zone hour hand while setting primary so you can set up the difference.

Now, for the issue. I'm in EST (New York) time zone and trying to set up 2nd time zone as IST (india). IST is 9 hours and 30 MINUTES different. So, it is currently 12:40pm EST and 10:10PM IST. It seems the minute hand is always in sync with both time zones so I can only set my second at 10:40PM IST and it is 30 mins ahead of real world time.

Any suggestions? Is there something you can do to disengage minute hand while setting as well? Maybe just a limitation of duel time zone watches?

fatarms

I had this watch in the past, I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to do the 30 minute difference due to the minute hands being synced. Sorry :(

Kcore
I had this watch in the past, I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to do the 30 minute difference due to the minute hands being synced. Sorry :(

+1, correct. I have it and the minute hand of the 2nd TZ can't be different from your main TZ. It's the only drawback IMO considering the rep in RG or SS is under $250 and the gen starts at $10K

conx

Very few dual time watches can handle 30 minute times zones adequately - and no reps I have found.

I use a Seiko with a 7t62 movement where the alarm dial can show another timezone, even those with a 30 minute offset.

Ttrm007

Thanks for the replies. I suspected this would be the case but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I have a Sub, Tag Grand Carrera, and this for reps and I find myself wearing this most. I really like the watch.