Sign in to follow this  
dellydel

After a little advice on PO Ceramic Blue TI

dellydel

Hi Guys,

Joined up to this forum in my quest to land the best rep I can. I was looking to pick up an Noob LMPO but the reports on the braclet quality puts me off and ideally I wanted a blue dial.

Browsing though a few of the TD's I stummpled upon the PO Ceramic Blue TI as per this link: http://www.ttw888.co...oducts_id=11372 and also in a version with rubber strap: http://www.ttw888.co...5fa7ae73109fc66

I really like this watch from the picks, particually the centred pearl and the details look pretty good. But I can't see what factory this has came from, does anyone know, I'm guessing BP?

Also, could I buy the bracelt version, then purchase the blue rubber strap seperatly? Are they interchangeable, and do the dealers sell straps seperatly?

So for all the questions on my second post, I've tried to find out the information I need but I'm struggling!

Many thanks,

Del

Edited by dellydel

Hornet

....insert repeat of my reply to your first post here fella "....."!

Straps are interchangeable and TDs will sell the straps, search on their websites. Also the pictures on the TDs website are not necessarily going to be exactly what you get, i.e. the pearl might not be perfectly centred, but we're talking generally about microscopic details that won't bother you unless you are really anal about details....

...is your third post going to be on a pumpkin PO?

Left Coast Guy

Sorry, but I guess i don't see how the factory matters? If the watch has the details you want, then go for it, shouldn't be much more to consider than that. Fat Panda has a good post on the various factories and sub-dealers on this point, I'd check that out.

I'm pretty sure TT offers the rubber straps too, if you check the Omega Accessories section. You just need to make sure the lug sizes match; 20MM for the 42MM dial and 22MM for the 45MM.

Hornet

I'd agree with that afdaddy, not sure you can guarantee which factory it would come from anyway. Toro usually states the factory and will tell if you ask, and Andrew at TT has told me the factory before when I've asked....

dellydel

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

BC1221

those are both BPs.

BPs come with the reclaimed ETA movements.

Noob always does the asian clones.

i have a BP and love it.

some people prefer the noobs because they say it has a better crystal and better dial.

i can honestly never really tell the difference.

BP has the better bracelet from what i gather. i absolutely love mine.

as for a rubber strap, just order one with your watch.

itll cost you a extra $80 or so but they should be able to get it for you.

dellydel

Awesome, that brings me to my next query, I'm trying to decide on whether to go for the ETA or Asian 2836-2.

From reading I understand that the ETA keeps better time and parts are more readily available from local watchsmiths, and although generally reliable, they could have issues due to them being refurbished?

Then the Asian movements are brand new but don't quite keep time quite as well, but are cheaper and supposed to be very reliable?

Have I got the above right? What is the general consensus? I think I'm leaning towards the ETA.

Cheers,

Del

Edited by dellydel

n18lld

If you're worried about a second here or there then buy the gen?

Hornet

Awesome, that brings me to my next query, I'm trying to decide on whether to go for the ETA or Asian 2836-2.

From reading I understand that the ETA keeps better time and parts are more readily available from local watchsmiths, and although generally reliable, they could have issues due to them being refurbished?

Then the Asian movements are brand new but don't quite keep time quite as well, but are cheaper and supposed to be very reliable?

Have I got the above right? What is the general consensus? I think I'm leaning towards the ETA.

Cheers,

Del

I'd say that you need to do more reading/research on here with these sort of questions......

......I remember searching about whether to bother with the Swiss ETA or the Asian and from what I read most people thought the better option was the Asian, to be honest it can be a bit of pot luck; I bought a PO recently and found it had a POS 2813 movement when it should have been a 2836. Then again if it works and keeps decent time what does it matter?

dellydel

Well I guess I'm after reliability, you're right, a few seconds here and there doesn't really mater too much!

Hornet, you're right, I probably do need to do more research, but from what I had read up on that's what I concluded. There seems to be so many conflicting opinions it can be hard to make an educated guess.

I'll continue reading and see where I end up.

Thanks for all the input so far, its all been sound advice and very much appreciated!

Thanks

Del

Edited by dellydel

Hornet
Well I guess I'm after reliability, you're right, a few seconds here and there doesn't really mater too much!

Hornet, you're right, I probably do need to do more research, but from what I had read up on that's what I concluded. There seems to be so many conflicting opinions it can be hard to make an educated guess.

I'll continue reading and see where I end up.

Thanks for all the input so far, its all been sound advice and very much appreciated!

Thanks

Del

Yep, exactly my conclusions; a lot of different opinions on Swiss versus Asian. But it seemed like Asian had the slight edge as with the Swiss movements they were likely to be reconditioned and hence would have a mixture of original, used and non-original parts and hence the Asian was the better bet, as it's parts should be all new.

dellydel

I guess whichever watch I end up with, it would be best to get it serviced straight away by a friendly watchsmit, it would be a good to make sure its fully oiled etc.

Are parts for Asian movements just as easy to get hold of as swiss, I read that they're not, but I thought that a lot of the parts were interchangeable as it is a copy?