Sign in to follow this  
muhnkee_2

removing links from a ladies rolex bracelet

muhnkee_2

Hey folks,

I just bought my wife a very pretty Rolex Ladies Datejust Rose Gold Dial from Mark at Timesshop, but she needs some links taken out of the bracelet.

I took it to my local watch repair man to do the job, he has tried to turn the screws on the links, but cant get them to move. He has burred the heads of the screws in the process.

Is there a trick to these bracelets that i need to know?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Greg

KBH

Only trick is to use the right sized screwdriver. Maybe you better put on some thread release agent such as WD40.

I had one from Josh that I slowly worked back and forth to get it loose and the screw broke. Josh immediately sent me out a new bracelet at no charge.

Maybe if you can't get it sized Mark will send you another?

muhnkee_2
Only trick is to use the right sized screwdriver. Maybe you better put on some thread release agent such as WD40.

I had one from Josh that I slowly worked back and forth to get it loose and the screw broke. Josh immediately sent me out a new bracelet at no charge.

Hey KBH,

Thanks for the info - this is my first replica, so it is reasonable to expect that on a replica, this sort of thing would work perfectly?

Cheers

Greg

andygt

I had the same problem with the braclet on a cheapy - hacksaw is your friend!

KBH

Hey KBH,

Thanks for the info - this is my first replica, so it is reasonable to expect that on a replica, this sort of thing would work perfectly?

Cheers

Greg

Absolutely. Keep in mind that if you only screw up a link or two it still might be OK. As long as the links that you need are working. If not contact Mark as ask him to fix it.