Sign in to follow this  
ronin007

NEED HELP, Omega experts

ronin007

Looking for the latest version of this in 42mm and I'm soo confused after reading pages of stuff,how many versions are there,think the latest is a v5?and how would this compare to the noob CRPO 42MM,thanksar-1_zpseeb7cb89.jpg

NodgerRocks

Got the v6 if u interested?

samadkins29

The CRPO is the latest planet ocean model from Omega. Has a clear case back and redone dial/bezel. The older UPO is the previous planet ocean. The LMPO is the one off planet ocean that was done inbetween the previous planet ocean and the new planet ocean. Hope that makes sense.

ronin007

Sort of,the pic above ,which is that,kinda love the insert and dial,got a LMPO the other day and not digging it,

BC1221

The major diff between this PO and a CrPO or LMPO is the applied dials.

The cr versions have applied logo and 12,6,9. I actually prefer those but the trade off is the ceramic bezel which can be hard to source if you need one.

I love my CrPO and will love it more once my new bezel shows up.

The Cr also has the clear case back. A big tell for reps but I've never been asked to take my watch off to prove it was real so it's never been a issue for me. I prefer the closed case back but I like the dials of the CrPOs better.

z k

The LMPO looks like the CrPO except for the older style markers, is more shiny and 12/6/9 numbers.

I too like the CrPO but I feel like the LMPO is more accurate a replica. It is very shiny which gives it a unique look. The bracelet on the LMPO rep is a let down... that's my only gripe about it.

Edited by z k

samadkins29

That's a good one. But I would get the orange bezel one if your going for the "classic".

ronin007

Whats the v6 version people speak of,still totally bloody confused

bobblesss

I'm pretty sure that's just a troll remark. Latest in the PO before the new 8500 movement style ones would be the V5 rep. Which can take genuine parts all around mostly. I'm currently working on my v5 project as well.

Unless I am seriously crazy and there is a v6 version lol.

Edited by bobblesss

Left Coast Guy

Any thoughts on this one -http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7063

http://www.ttw888.co...roducts_id=7063

I'm not sure I totally understand what you want, so I'll just explain about the latest POs. In general (and I may be somewhat off) the Planet Ocean came in a 2500 model up through 2012(?). Then in 2012/2013, Omega released the 8500 model. So if you want the newest Omega, you want the 8500.

The version you posted a pic of is the 2500 version. There are a few key tells; #1 - The bezel on the 2500 is notched, like a Rolex, and the bezel in the 8500 is flat and blocked, like the TrustyTime link you posted. #2 - The dial markers at 3.6.9 are metallic on the 8500, and painted on the 2500, #3 - The HE valve and crown with have a similar blocked look to the bezel, the version on Trusty Time lacks this feature, so its likely some bastard hybrid of the 2500 and 8500, #4 - The Omega logo will be metallic on the 8500, painted on the 2500.

There was another guy asking these same questions less than two weeks ago, and he got a ton of answers, so maybe try finding that thread.

Here's the correct 8500.

om14662-omega-planet-ocean-blue-ceramic-42mm-ti-swiss-eta-2824-2.jpg

ronin007

Thanks for all the help, I'm after the best version of the watch I pictured with the older metal insert which I believe is the v5, I don't want to mod it really and like the look of it , I've ordered the noob Crpo today to see what that's like, got the lmpo last week and sold it the next day- didn't like it at all, I'll try and find the other thread, which factory makes this v5? Thanks

Left Coast Guy

Thanks for all the help, I'm after the best version of the watch I pictured with the older metal insert which I believe is the v5, I don't want to mod it really and like the look of it , I've ordered the noob Crpo today to see what that's like, got the lmpo last week and sold it the next day- didn't like it at all, I'll try and find the other thread, which factory makes this v5? Thanks

Hmm, well guess I totally misunderstood that.

I'm guessing you're going to have some trouble finding a rep of a watch that has since been replaced by the gen maker. M2M is likely your best bet or WTB listings are probably your best bet. The only version of the older model I've seen are cheapies...

Mcloughlind

Trevor will be able to get this in eight weeks he thinks. Give him an email

J!m

Here's a pic of my genuine one for refrence...

PObackfromspa.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

PlanetOcean.jpg

EECD4813.jpg

ronin007

That's nice

grahambo

What didn't you like about the LMPO?

ronin007

Too shiny,was odd in different light ,flipped it straight away,got the crpo noob the other day and its better but not the one pictured above ,this v5 do dealers even still sell it